Nanosats in apartment with loft

Username: D_l_v

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone:

I am considering to buy a set of Mirage's Nanosats and need a bit of advice. I currently rent an apartment with loft. The corner of the living room where the TV stands (and where the front speakers are supposed to be put) has the usual ceiling height; however, the listening position is in the other corner where the ceiling in twice as high. This leads to a question: given the Nanosat's technology of sound dispersion, would those be appropriate for this kind of room?

I listened to the speakers in (a) a friend's house with normal ceiling height and (b) audio shop with a rather high ceiling. In (a) they sounded terrific, very refined and wide. In (b), however, the sound was rather anemic and, overall, unimpressive. Frankly speaking, I don't have either time or money to go the trial-and-error way with these speakers and would appreciate some advice on whether or not Nanosats would make a sensible choice for the listening environment like mine.

Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 388
Nanosats have a rather anemic sound to them if they aren't mated properly with a subwoofer. It isn't optional, they depend on it to produce from roughly 120 Hz on down. If the subwoofer isn't mated properly (crossed over too low), they will sound thin in the midbass, and sucked out.

IMHO, while these are good speakers, the Omnisats are a better speaker. They reach lower in the bass (midbass actually) than what the Nanosats do, and are easier to mate with a subwoofer.

If the subwoofer is crossed over too low, you will end up with a sound that sounds similar to that of the Bose Acoustimass systems in reguards to the thin-ness. That is the best way I can describe the thin sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us