Choose a $500 receiver based solely on the remote!

mgrennier
Unregistered guest
OK all..

I've heard all about the mid-priced receivers out there. They're all pretty similar with a few differences here and there. Here are the ones I'm speaking of:

Harman Kardon AVR 330
Denon 2803
Onkyo 701
Integra - not sure of the part number)
Panasonic xr45

If you had to base your decision on the above list based SOLELY ON THE EASE OF USE of the Remote Control (not just for me, but for my wife and young kids) - which would you choose?

Or - are there other receivers in this price range that I should look at based on this criteria?

Is this a stupid question - maybe - but I've narrowed them down so tightly that this may be a determining factor..

Thanks!
Mike

Roger W
Unregistered guest
HK remote is very unimpressive and chintzy... cheapo plastic, tiny buttons (and would not work with my Hitachi VCR).

sarandon
Unregistered guest
i would try the onkyo 701 or the denon 2803 for remotes. they look user friendly. also try the marantz sr-4400 and the 5400. you can go to marantz's website at www.marantz.com. IMHO i think that the marantz remotes are user friendly above the rest that you have mentioned.

Username: Tonytiger

Post Number: 5
I have the Marantz 7400 with the RC1400 remote. It was fairly easy to set up, all codes were included. I was able to program macros for watch cable TV/ cable off and Watch DVDs/ DVD off that control several devices at timed intervals.
BTW, I was in Radio Shack this weekend and they hace a chameleon look alike for $59 that looks super easy to use! Did anyone get one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us