Paradigm Signiture Speakers

mauimusicman
Unregistered guest
Listened to these new offerings from Paradigm while vacationing on the Mainland last month. Not sure of the model, but they retailed for $1995.00/pair.
In comparing them to the Ref studio 20's, the bass was more detailed, mids smoother and highs more extended. The imaging seemed pretty much the same. Although they sounded ok, they did not draw me in musically.......like the Sonus Faber's I heard earlier that day. The problem, in my humble opinion, is in the x-over. The ONLY way to do a crossover right, again in my opinion, is a first order x-over. Vocals seemed somewhat recessed in the image, not up front like they should be. Bass was not really very musical. Cymbals sounded sort of fake....like a drum machine, if you know what that sounds like....not soft....could not distinguish the drummer using brushes on one recording...something that was very audable on the Sonus Faber's. Associated equipment was Sony top of the line SACD player and top of the line Sony digital amp. I also listened to some Monitor Audio's but was totally un-impressed. The Harbeth's (same price range)were pretty nice.....much better than Paradigm musically, but again not as inviting as the Sonus Faber. Every other speaker I heard did nothing for me at all. Lots of mediocre stuff out there guys.

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Facebook

Shop Related Deals

Directory

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us