SPL setup Audioque Sdc2.5 12s or RE Se 12s?

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby3342

Post Number: 73
i already have 2 se 12s on a aq1200d only hittin 139 wondering if 2 sdc2.5 s would be louder? i also bought a 3rd se 12 just in case but overall what is the louder pair and what would hit better on the mic?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2460
they would prolly be about the same... it really depends on the build. try a new box

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 756
talk to bassman3 for a nice box design, tell him exactly what you are going for.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
i am prolly going to build my own box i am a do it yourselfer i just like to here peoples opinions i have built prolly like 15 boxes in my life so not that many but not a little either i did try a new box i am thinkin that the aq 1200d does not have enough juice for the se 12s i have to clip the amp to get the output im lookin for so im thinkin about getting a sub that performs great with less power or i will get more power(amp with more power) but im tryin to get opinions and see what people think? what do you guys think of the audiopipe 1800 1 d or soundstream dtr2200 or pcx 2000 or maybe power acoustik a 3000db. i dont have alot money and recently got laid off so im pichin pennys sold my old system and no looking to get this system right.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 342
the sdc's will be louder, but not by much, buying a third se doesn't really help if you dont have an electrical to supply the power the sub needs.
out of all the amps you listed the aq1200d is the best, no need to try to get a different amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
dude i have 2 kenetik 1400s shouldnt that be enough on a 130 amp alt i have seen people put more on less

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
any your sayin a 1200 watt amp would be better than a 200o watt amp soundstream dtr2200 i had people that owned a dtr 2200 1 and a aq 2200 and them use the aq as a back up cuz they hit the mic better with the soundstream. soundstream ruined there image couple years back but in the past couple years grizz(soundstreams engineer) has really stepped up his game in designing the new amps yes the pcx series is alittle overated but rubicon and up are good amps. i own that aq amp its well built but not that powerful doesnt give the se 12s what they need ive talked with the engineer from re greg caralous and he says says 2 se s need 1500 watts unclipped power that doesnt mean clipping the shi t out of your amp to get 15 like you would have to do with that aq. i like the aq amp but n ot with the se 12s they are 86.1 sens if they dont get their power they wont shine. bottom line

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1648
You could always look into a HO alt. If you did that you could get another aq1200. All depends on what you want to spend. Also instead of the sd's you could look into the hd's If you had 2 aq1200.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
i would have to add the third sub if i were to do 2 1200ds plus i wanted it to be a daily system and i have heard nightmares about strapping over long periods of time.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16434
i did 139.8dbs on the termlab meter with my pair of SEALED 10" RE SE so i suspect a poorly made box

u shud be doing around 143\144 with a pair of those even in music playing ported box ...

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 121
Sounds like you got your mind made up on the Soundstream so, just go for it. Also, you said that you've heard of people using the Audioque AQ2200D as a back up because the Soundstream hit better on a mic, well those are competitions. The AQ2200D, I believe would be a better choice for a daily system then the Soundstream DTR1.2200D. I'm not saying the Soundstream is bad. I'm just saying that AQ2200D, in my opinion is a better amp and for a better price.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 343
it seems you know all the answers, so why ask?
if you want to hit some higher numbers your best choice is to simply use bigger drivers
but sdcs will be louder than re se's but not by much

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 417
139??? lol wow, i hit 138 @ 38 hz with 1 custom hybrid 12 on 1000 watts in a 2.5 cu ft tuned @ 32 in a trunk with a termlab on dash. and u can only hit 139 with 2 12's on 1200???? ouch!

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 418
Oops double post

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 419
Adding power is more expensive and not a very efficient way to gain dbs. Try a different box, tune it higher. I believe u made a post awhile back and said ur box is tuned to 35 hz, that's pretty good for music but ur wanting spl not sq. Make a f art box(wow lol you can't say f@rt on here) and get loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
yeah im sorry guys i tend to be big headed and stupid soundstream could very well suck i maybe just reading too many f cking posts there is so much mis information on the internet it is tough to tell what is real and what is some ashole trying to sell or hype his product.also im using a line out converter due to not wanting to lose steering controls. i wonder if im losing sound through that?also my fcking voltage when i bump my music drops to 13.2 up front (near the battery) but in back drops to 11.9 so i think the 18 feet of 4 gauge is not cuttin it. i have only metered maybe twice and dont have acess to one. anybody know of a cheap meter??that is half way accurate
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us