Looking for opinions

Username: Samdemler

Post Number: 5
Thinking about moving up from 2 12's to 4 12's this summer. Looking for your opinions, Is 4 12's worth it? or would 2 15's be better? And anyone that's done this what brands quad the best? Rockford, Mtx, Kicker..?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14697
4 12s = 452.16 sq" of cone area

2 15s = 353.25

have owned a 4 10s set & that was plenty so 4 12s once u have space shud be insane ...

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 145
best brand depends on what you are looking for out of a subwoofer and your own personal preference. Just as an example my friend has 2 power acoustik 15's in his car and i have one jl 12 w7. he's pushing, as it is rated, 1200 rms from a mono power acoustik amp and im pushing 500 rms from a 500/1. he admits to me hands down my one sub out does his 2 15's. the fact of the matter is, it isnt the brand so much as the amp you have running to the sub(s) and the box they are in. any sub(s) are only half as good as the box they are in and the power they are receiving. Just my 2 cents.

Post Number: 8
What do you think about 2 MTX T9515-04 subs, with a MTX Thunder Elite TE1501D, and a custom made 1 port box?

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 275
ive heard those they get pretty loud, if thats what ur looking for, and are you talking about a slot port box (common chamber)

Post Number: 9
Yeah i'm just looking for the loudest with the best clarity, decided to go with 2 15's its either gonna be the mtx 9515's or these hifonics olympus OLM2415 they have a peak power handling of 4800 watts as the mtx only is at 2000 but the hifonics are like 100$ cheaper as well

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2359
i would not go with either setup... especially the hifonics...
Peak ratings mean NOTHING.

What is your budget for subs, amp, and enclosure?

what kind of preformance are you looking for out of your subs?
SQ(very clear- not real loud)
SPL( very loud not too clear)
SQL(mixture of both- very loud and clear/ most common)

What vehicle is this going in?

Please note that you will likely need electrical upgrades when running over ~1200 watt rms.

Answer these question and you will get some good suggestion from experienced people. Thanks and Good luck

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 277
well remember you get what you pay for, and just cause its peak power is 4800 doesnt mean it'll take it. i've melted the voice coils of subs rated for a combined 1200w rms with 1000w rms. and are you going to be able to run 4k rms to those subs?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19737
Go with one 24". Go big or stay home.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9613
" i've melted the voice coils of subs rated for a combined 1200w rms with 1000w rms. "

Then you fail and need to learn to set your gain correctly and not use bass boost.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 280
that had nothing to do with it, i was bored so i decided to burn up some dub audio 12's, i took my diamonds out and put the dubs in. they started smoking after about 5min of loud playing, they was at 500w rms, prd1000.1 1k rms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Well I've got about 1500 to spend on it, going into the back of a '98 monte carlo, i'm looking for the SQL , descent sound quality/very loud. Know what I mean.. I don't want it to be so loud it doesn't even sound right.. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3530
"ive heard those they get pretty loud, if thats what ur looking for, and are you talking about a slot port box (common chamber)"

just because said enclosure has a port, does not mean it's a common chamber. you need to stop giving advice kyle. you don't know what you're talking about.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9616
24" sub? Thats weak.....

Audiobahn 34" sub FTW

Upload

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 282
its a qustion not a statement. and you sir helped this guy out zero, ur too worried about putting someone down to see what this thread is about.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3531
"its a qustion not a statement. and you sir helped this guy out zero, ur too worried about putting someone down to see what this thread is about."

actually dumbazz (that is a put down), regardless of whether your worthless post was a statement or 'qustion,' I succeeded in helping this member by stating that just because said enclosure is ported, does not mean it's a common chamber.

you fail again, stop posting.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14698
look up fi car audio & sundown audio ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us