Mach 5 MLI-65's replaced Phoenix Xenons today

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 361
So one of my Xenon 6.5's decided to freeze solid to the pole the other day. I have no clue what did it, the speakers not cooked but it's stuck like concrete. Anyways I got tired of it and pulled out the Xenons and installed the Mach5 MLI65's I had waiting for my truck install. First off let me tell you these things are MASSIVE. I had alot of trouble getting the Xenons into my Preludes doors and these were even worse. The frames are gigantic and ultimately I ended up letting the subs stick off the baffle board about 1/8 of an inch in certain spots to avoid hitting the window tracks and generally having to do any more work to the door metal. When it was all said and done I gave the new 6.5's a listen. If you go this route, don't flip out when these speakers sound like trash for the first few minutes, they take a bit to break in and will be really harsh at first. After about 10 minutes though these things really start to show what they can do! They blow the Xenons I had away in low range extension. The tonal quality isn't quit as good as the Xenons but these are capable of more output and seem to handle dynamic changes better than the old speakers could. All in all I'm VERY impressed with these guys. The price on them has gone up alot but if you keep an eye out you can still get a good deal. I paid 56 dollars shipped for the pair of mine and they were worth every penny.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us