Advice...

Username: Revenga333

Post Number: 10
I have a JBL 600.1 Mono D Class Amp and I had 2 infinity 1200w max subwoofers. Apparantly though those infinity's were garbage because one sounded wrong right away, so I just left the one hooked up and now that one sounds funny.

The sub still shakes and everything but it sounds cony and crappy when turned up now. So I'm guessing they're blown and garbage.

Anyways, would 2 SW6200 12" 4 Ohm 1000W (Max) 350W (RMS) Eclipse Subwoofers with the aluminum cone be a good replacement? Would the amp I have now be okay for them? Because I really don't have the money to buy a new amp too. And are these subwoofers of better quality adn less likely to blow with the aluminum cone?

Thanks for any help.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15050
if that amp is 1ohm stable you should be okay. also i really like the way those eclipse sound. they sound clean.

btw, are you sure you have the subs wired okay?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Well I had them both hooked up and when turned up it would sound coney(spelling?)

So then I hooked them up seperately and one sounded better than the other. So I just left the one hooked up and it sounded good with some decent power but now it sounds like the other one. And I didn't touch the wiring in between when it sounded good and bad so it can't be the wiring

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15051
i see.

well even the cheap subs just don't go bad like that unless you did something wrong. of course there is a chance one of your sub was bad from the beginning but the chances of both becoming like that are slim. you can get new subs but if there is something else wrong it can happen again.

have you tried hooking up other subs to the amp you have?

also what ohm load is your amp stable at? could it be your amp is 2ohm stable and your subs are dual 4ohm so the amp is seeing 1ohm load?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2763
The 600.1 is only stable @ 2 ohms. And no... two of those Eclipse will present either a 4 ohm or 1 ohm total load so what you are looking for is two dual 2 ohm subs.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2764
Scratch that... the 600.1 is 2 ohm "optimized" but is stable at 1 ohm. It puts out 600RMS at either ohm but it has been benchmarked at around 900 so yes you will be fine with two of those Eclipse.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15053
brad i am trying to figure out why his subs died on him like that. what if he got new subs and it did it again cause the problem was something else.

i still say borrow a pair of subs from someone and try it out before you go out and buy new subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Haha well it wouldn't be cool to blow someone else's subs if that is the problem...

I think the one subwoofer was blown in the first place, and I think I might know what the problem is with the other one. I have turned on my car before without my Head Units face on and because it wasnt on feedback would go through the subwoofer. Do you think this wrecked it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15054
well if your face wasn't on, nothing should come on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Well thats weird because the sub would make a humming noise

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15060
that is weird. the amps shouldn't turn on unless you turn on your head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 594
ok ok i'll step in hear , his "coney" slap prob refers to a tiny sound coming from them. i had this happend and it turns out after prolonged bass running my cones missaligned and got scratched on one side. it was to to my woofers being angled and i think that's ur prob. i ran my infinity ref 1200 watt woofers , 2, 10's and 2, 12's to high hell in my truck no prob. soon as i angled them in my cars trunk they took a dump but luckily they were all warrentied but 1. the one i do have i can pull on the cone and see my scracted coil and the cone looks shifted. if i tap on the outer surround and get to the scrated area i hear the tiny cone slap just tappin on the cone. that's prob your answer right there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
tiny ----> tiney

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Hmm it sounds like you're right, but are you saying I can't fix it then?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Also, if I found a good deal on two Alpine Type-R's would my amp be able to handle them or is it too weak for two of them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
depends on the ohm load but i'd say it run just 1 type -r fine and atm i'm pretty deff u would have to recone the infinity and theres no kits avalible i think. so in basic thier toast. buy the r's i got one 12 and more then makes me happy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us