What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 269
I have an audio art 100 hc was trying to sell it but no luck so im thinking about just useing it on my next setup i dont need a whole lot of bass so i was thinking a Elemental Designs EHQS12 Subwoofer which is rated at 200 wrms with ither a single 2 or 4 ohm voice coil (i would get one 2 ohm)and run one side of the amp at 2 ohms produceing 235 wrms. now i have two questions.... will the sub handle the extra 35 watts with no problem? and as a guestimation would it get fairly loud in a sealed box? well any way thanks for the input have a nice day

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14291
such a nice guy for telling us to have a nice day. lol.

alan my philosophy is......any bass is better than no bass. with that said, yeah go for it. how bad can it be. also ed makes solid subs. i bet it will sound good. and yes over powering it by 35watts isn't going to hurt it.

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 270
sweet thanks for the quick reasponse chad i appreciate the answer

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8599
Those subs are taking off. With such a low price I was even looking at them for fun. The 8's though at $15/pc.

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 271
yea i was thinking about geting ither 1 12 or 2 8s but figured one 12 would be good

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8602
Jump at it. Pics and a vid afterward?

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 272
sure i have never done it but i could... what size box do you guys recomend? i would prefur sealed only cause im going to be building it myself and i dont have a clue on how to port something so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1973
with a good box design you can build a ported one just as easily as a sealed one.

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 274
any suggestions then? not trying to sound cocky just wondering

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2477
i wanna get like 6 12's sealed... throw 1500 watts to them and let em eat...

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 275
well i could get four single 4 ohms run them down to one ohm and give them each 275wrms but i dont want to do that lol

Bronze Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 92
ive got two of these ho'es and im feeding them probably like 350watts each. you will like those subs, and for 25$ it will exceed your expectations.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3763
Alan,it would be a shame for you to partner that nice amp to that throw away sub.There's a reason they're 25 dollars,go ahead and see if you can find out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
rob is afraid he is going to be judged by his essays if he doesn't have hundreds of dollars of sony xplod equipment in his honda del sol. piss off rob your a dirty wet back and no one likes you.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3767
Damn,nobody likes me?I'm so devasted by your comment big harv.I actually think I'd rather have Sony equipment in my car than those EHQS pieces of crap.Hundreds of dollars of equipment in my Del Sol?Try thousands.I pay the price for good quality gear and if I wanted to I could buy ED's whole sh1tpile(Stockpile) of those EHQS subs but why would I want them?I wouldn't and I wouldn't reccomend them either.They don't get loud and from what I hear they don't sound good so why bother.Keep talkin sh1t though big noob(harv) it doesn't bother me.I hope I typed this clearly enough for you to understand harv,I'm not sure if you read beyond a 4th grade level or not so...I tried to make it a little descriptive.How's the KKK treatin you by the way?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
"I pay the price for good quality gear"
You should be thinking about paying the price to get your citizenship papers first.

"They don't get loud and from what I hear they don't sound good so why bother."
You shouldn't offer advice when you have no knowledge of the subject. I have two of the subwoofers and I can tell you they do sound good and get fairly loud.

My EHQS install isn't for comp so your attacks don't mean anything to me.

While your talking about a fourth grade reading level, don't forget to mention your use of punctuation. You communicate on below a fourth grade level, but if you were a legal citizen you would have the right to attend public schools.

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 276
well no one wanted to buy my amp so now im just useing it on my next setup wich i did not want to spend alot on so i think im in the gold for now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us