4000wrms Charging System??

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 303
hey guys..i just had a quick question about wat i would need if i want to run my amp to its full potential, im running around 4000rms..i want to be able to listen to it while im drivng and at stop lights and when im sitting (with the car running)and be able to listen to it w/o shutting off..i already have 0ga. wire ran in my car...i no ill need a H/O alt. but how big and i no i will need a battery or 2...wat kind?? please help me out...Thanks guys!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1715
I'd get a 300 amp alternator and 3 Kinetik Hc 2400's.You should probably run another run of 0 gauge to the back from the front batt as well.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4971
Your car probably uses 40-60A to run, then 4000RMS is going to require ~290A so in total: 330-350A. You'd be wanting at least 400A because idle current is going to be significantly less than that from an alt. To be honest, second batteries are for when the car is off, not for providing more power. They do help, but ultimately are a negligent way to boost your charging system. The best way to do it is to honestly add on a second or even third alternator if necessary.

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 304
so jex how hard is it to get/install 2 alts...?? and were? also rob how much does a hc 2400 run(each)?

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 677
you will be fine with one 250-300amp alt and 2 kinetik hc2000's

go with iraggi for the alt:

http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

and for the batts:

http://www.millionbuy.com/kinkhc2000.html

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 678
and do atleast 2 runs of 1/0

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1490
for 2+ alts you need custom brackets to fit them. sometimes the alt provider will have them, other times you will have to have them machined, depends on the vehicle. unless i was a mechanic i wouldn't f*ck with all that personally. for the kinetiks go to ebay

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1491
^^^ thats a good deal joe is showing you on the 2000

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4977

quote:

so jex how hard is it to get/install 2 alts...??

It really depends on your mechanical abilities, but for the most part isn't as easy as second batteries--that's why many people don't do it. In some vehicles, extra pulleys are available to run the second alternator, and convenient tapped bolt holes will allow the physical mounting to be accomplished. In other cases, there may not be enough room under the hood for the added equipment, or specialized brackets and mountings may need to be constructed to securely mount the new alternator.

quote:

and were?

Usually a custom mounting plate (or a pre-existing one can be purchased) is made for the second alt, they mount right next to each other.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 870
to fully run 4K rms on your alternator you need more than 290 amps... somewhere around 350 actually but if you get a 300 amp alt and a couple HC2400's youll be fine

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11155
JIMO- just a lil OT here but why do ppl think they need 4k+ of power to get loud in a daily driver ?

if u box build & install right heck "only" 1000wrms will do for the "normal\average" person but i guess some ppl want others 5miles away to hear em coming ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
^^x2 its ridicolous

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1257
No, ridiculous is Chad, running 8kw in has car

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11760
i love bassracing. what can i say. lol

Platinum Member

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11157
no well i didnt mean it to ppl like chad because he is using that much power 4 competing & i serious doubt his ears & body can handle that much wang daily ...so thats a different purpose ....

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1261
" i serious doubt his ears & body can handle that much wang "

That sounded wrong, lol

Platinum Member

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11161
^^ now that u mentioned it - i see .....

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11764
for daily i keep it down. like rovin said, its all for competing.

btw rovin and M.S. :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 886
yeah but when ppl say they want to run 4k daily, i dont really...let me rephrase that i KNOW they dont know how loud that is}}}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us