Apline IVA-D310 Theft

Username: Happyjohn14

Post Number: 1
So I'm wondering if I was mislead. When I bought this unit they told me there was no way it could work without the face. So why would someone go to the trouble of ripping the in-dash and computer off if they didn't have the face? Is there a black market for that kinda stuff where they can reprogram the units with new faces? Just wondering.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 416
I'm sure there probably is, and as such I would imagine that whoever stole it probably at least imagines there is as well. If someone took the time to break into the car, they don't care about face or no face, you can resell just about anything, working or not.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 418
And to answer your question, that's true, it doesn't work without the face, but I don't think that means you can't just get a new face. Not sure if they're interchangeable or need to be programed or what, but they could pick up a brand new face here for about 78 bucks. Sorry about the break in though, that's tough.

Post Number: 2
They didn't just steal the unit, they stole the truck too. Yeah, not too sure what I can do differently, this is the second time it was stolen. From the same place, found within a mile of where it was found before.

Post Number: 3
Just some info I learned cause I think I was misinformed the entire time. The replacement head units are not specific to the unit. One head unit works with any for that model. This is troubling information to me. Sort of defeats the purpose of taking the head unit off and worrying about it getting scratched up, broken, etc if they are so cheap to replace for a thief. bah, just me venting my experience.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us