Box design help...simple ....

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 369
Haha, alright so i drive a 99 sable and i have room for a box to be 32x17x13 and i have 2 ten inch arsenals. I would like ported, so any ideas/help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
Mostly what my question intails is :

How big should the port be...?
should i just make the box 17x32x13 to see the max i can get?
Does anyone have an exact design idea to maximize SQL?

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Post Number: 143
thats only 3.1 cubic feet which is about 1.5 per sub. that is really small to be ported. if you really want it ported i could come up with a plan for you just tell me the web page for the subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/arsenal10specs.html

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 470
Thats perfect then. For best results due to space restrictions I would say use aero ports. Two 3 inch ports should be ok. Or you could do two 4 inch ports. Also I would suggest mounting the sub inverted to gain a little more box volume.

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
alright so maybe its not so simple, i know nothing about aeroports. In building a box like this, do i just build a box that is 32x17x13 and then cut holes for the ports and put them in, or how do i go about building one. Also, are there any drawbacks to inverting?

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
didnt bump....

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Post Number: 151
i have desinged a box for u. i tuned it for 40 hz and it has 3-3inch round ports. the only thing is you will have to buy the ports urself. If the 40 hz is fine for you and you dont mind buying round ports i can email the plans to you. if you would rather have a slot port i can design that for you to. also is the 17 inches depth or height

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
bawwlinbala@aol.com please:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
bump?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help