Building my first box this weekend, some questions.

Bronze Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 49
Ok, i'm building a 2cuft sealed enclosure for 2 12 inch infin kappa perfs. This is my first build so I have a couple of q's.

I'll be using .75 inch pressed MDF, and I have my dimensions right, but should I put anything inside the box? Whats that stuff called.. uhh.. sound filler or something? Whats the benefits of it? I want to achieve good low notes that cause your voice to kinda blend out when your talking.

Any other tips for building this would also be appreciated :-)

Username: Dantzler803

Bucktown, SC USA

Post Number: 10
Hold on, bob the builder, before you start building I think you should wait on the answers from my last thread: wood vs fiberglass Also, I've had the 12 perfs and they're gargage compared to the infinity perfect _VQ_ They're about 40 bucks more. The VQ are sick, I have 2 VQ w/ infinity 1210a thats 850 watts each and you'll hear me a qtr mile away.. Sick..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
lol, wonderful, glad you know, ive already purchased the 12 perfs. :-O

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Oh and yeah, you kinda didnt provide any information specific to my question at all lol.

Hm, how much could I sell my subs for? They are still brand new in box.

Bronze Member
Username: Dantzler803

Bucktown, SC USA

Post Number: 11
I say about 85 to 100 at the most. I'm telling you the VQ's are sick. Time to upgrade to 15's for me. I would sell'em but then one car would be empty. You got to have your sounds!!! The wood box I have is hitting but I wanna know if fiberglass would be better ya know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Yeah.. have any ideas about my question though? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6412
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 120
you mean poly-fill, not really necessary but if you have some extra insulation or something laying around you could put it in the box and a cloth to separate the sub and insulation. the only tip i can think of is to caulk or liquid nails all the the edges and put it between each piece of wood to seal it air tight:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us