Hey GlassWolf! I'm concerned!

Anonymous

What do you think of this alteraudiousa guy?

It kind of sucks... because I'm looking for honest advise, not advise given in order to steer me into buying something he has for sale. I'm sure alot of you get the same impression. Hey, if he knows his stuff - great... but what do you think Glass, does this guy have the knowledge or just stuff for sale? Please answer.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 511
I havnt seen alter doing this but i did join Car Audio Central today an while i was reading thru some post i noticed that lots of sellers are there an it does seem that some of them are just trying to make a sale

Anonymous

ima different anon & i too get that impression from him . Anytime u mention speakers or comps he says CDT without skipping a beat & anytime u say subs he says stereo integrity mags .
2 me it seems like he knows his stuff in general & is trying 2 be helpful @ the same time trying 2 make a sale

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2332
i really haven't noticed him saying stuff so he can sell you stuff. yes he did have a couple of threads where he was trying to sell what he has but so does alot of people on here. i think he is just expressing his opinions on what he thinks is good.

Anonymous

this thread is just one of those threads that make people flip out just let it die............

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1000
LISTEN, if you have hands down experience with anything. And you know what a product can do, you will promote it also!
Thats like me, Im a walking TREO spokesperson. lol
I think all their stuff is underatted by far. So I belive in Treo. =D
And this is just a stupid thread to begin with...

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 200
if you wanted to know more about me i would have been happy to tell you. If you look at my website I sell very few companies compared to other online stores. Alot has to do with money but also my own decision. I could have easily picked up Infinity, Alpine, Kenwood, etc but I didn't want to. I had previous experience with CDT and found that they suit my tastes much better than the rest and their performance is much better than most. I even now have access to other companies through my distributors for PG, Pyle, MTX, Lanzer, and a few other companies but I don't list them on my site. I started my business as a way for me to help get through all the sales crap that most people go through. Everything you find I sell I sell because I myself do use it or would use it. I've been very picky of who I sell for or what companies I sell for. I have turned down a few companies from China and Taiwan because I've never used their products and they won't send me something to test. My first company I went to to become a dealer for was CDT because they offered what I believe are the best performing products at the price. I have had much experience with other companies like Pioneer, JL, Alpine, every company you see in common stores and shops, and others like Diamond, RE, Elemental Designs, Adire, Stereo Integrity, Zapco, Oz Audio, PPI, Orion, Viper,(all DEI brands), AA, and so forth. But yes i'll always, always mention CDT if someone is looking for speakers because they excel in stock location mountings and at the price they are hard to beat, especially since I usually help out forum members on the price. I never push a sale on anyone, if they're interested I'll be more than happy to help you out, if not thats cool and go your way. I think I get more pushy when it comes to Stereo Integrity subs. Sorry its long.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1769
i dont know if i got confused when reading that but were you saying you can or cannot sell PG? because if you can i might be interested in a PG x1200.1 (the amp that puts out 1200w rms from 1-4 ohms) i want to get it for a friend and have it run his 2 12 arsenals and run it without a cover under plexiglass so you can see the insides. however, i did email you back and i hope to be purchasing those 2 15 inch SI mags form you soon. that will be a first purchase and if its a go on the PG then maybe that in a week or so. (i have to tlak to my friend to get his money) lol

but alteraudio seems to me like he can be very helpful to this site. not to put you down but you do "advertise" alot.. but he IS talking from experience. notice he dosnt put anything down that he has not personally used. well im sure he would if it was like legacy sub vs JL w7 or something lol. but thats abvious.

im not going to get scammed, im going to find out everything i can about him before i buy and once i do buy(if everything looks good) then i will let you all know how it went.

also, maybe some of you should appreciate his effort to get us things at good prices...

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2126
"I think all their stuff is underatted by far"

it's also arguably overpriced compared to others mentioned on the forum.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 122
It seems like someone is jealous of you alteraudio lol dont worry its just another one of those useless threads...... I have seen you around and you seem to know your stuff and help out whenever you can and if people dont apreciate that then what can you do....

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 201
most of the PG stuff is from PartsExpress and they only carry the Octane R line. Granted I'd sell it at pretty much wholesale price plus shipping but I don't really care for the Octane R line. I Trevor I can't wait for you to get those SI Mags cause then people might start believing me and not think i'm doing a "sale". They're just that good of a sub.

but everyone look at this. When someone asks something like "I have "X" amount to spend, whats the best..." I would say 9 out of 10 of you say whatever brand you have in your car or you have had in your car. When someone asks "I need a good subwoofer" everyone states either what they are using or would like to have. So if I mention CDT or SI, is it me making a sale or mentioning what I use and how much I like it just like you....only difference is I use them and can sell them. From what I see on here they are alot of people who shop in CC or BB and haven't even really looked towards online companies or smaller companies. Sorry but if someone is looking at Infinity, i'll definitely steer them elsewhere, cause I abhor Infinity. How many online store owners say they have used 95% of their inventory. I doubt the owner of Crutchfield has, but then again i've never seen him on forums. If you ask me people should either stop asking "whats the best for..." or they should go and experiment with everything out there like I did before starting up my business. And as for SI, i'm not really working for them, i'm helping a shop who carries them since I have much usage on them and established on different forums. if you want me to make a sale I'll do that i'm quite good at it, I work for Verizon Wireless in sales. i just mention what I like and what I've used and it just so happens I can sell it too and for a darn good deal.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 202
o man, another long one, sorry.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 203
hey thanks, I try to help cause I've been a car noob before and it sucks wasting your money on all the BS out there.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1442
I've seen alteraudiousa recommend CDT and whatnot to people, but I've never seen him post a URL or make an offer to someone... I'm just barely taking a look at his site...

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3037
Hey alteraudiousa. Why do you steer people away from infinity ? I think there referance line is great for the price and sounds good off the HU or Amp. Makes a good midbass for the rearfill even. As far as components, I actually own the CDT HD62 set with the 480 crossover and tw-24 tweeter. Im not sure if they have upgraded the crossover for this set or the tweeter. Let me know.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11041
honestly I hadn't really noticed anything about selling stuff.
alter seems to have a good grasp on the advice part though, objectively speaking.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11042
Caddie thank you for addressing the issue with CAC. I'll bring it up with the admins there.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1451
Man... I wish I was as cool as GlassWolf...

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1279
Yea, GW just has connections everywhere...

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 205
MO, I do try to steer people away from Infinity because too many people hype them way way up there. So i have to be its ying to the yang. I used infinity before I got more into the internet and smaller brands and I too thought Infinity was good. I used the Perfect subs and components and everyone was telling me how good they were and they're SQ competition ready. Well after pushing them and letting a few of my HT friends have a run with my setup they nicely bashed the crap out of it. The highs were harsh and raspy, the mids suffered on the bottom end, and they have a very stale midrange sound. I then went through tons of speakers from Pioneer, polk, Orion P series, Viper speakers, new ADS, Alpine, JL, MB, BA, and etc and didn't really find anything i liked until companies like Morel, CDT, Rainbow, DLS and some of the more DIY companies. Infinity has good coaxs but so do other companies like DLS, BA and CDT is producing some good ones. They would make good rear fill but nothing up front where it needs to be defined, at least not for my taste.

As for upgrades to the HD-62s. There is the satnet 560 and the US500XT or HEX-6000 crossovers. The tweets can be upgraded to the new DRT-25 extended range or the DRT-26 modular tweets. If you are interested PM me and i'll talk more about them.

As a side note, Anonymous I think ive seen a post in you being interested in starting your own store or business. You can email me if you have questions on how to start or need help.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11048
everyone has brands they like or don't like. that's normal.

I'm a moderator for CAC, so it's sorta my job to keep the place enjoyable. anyway I addressed the issue. we're working on ways to tone down the resellers who are regulars there.. sorry if ya got the feeling they were being pushy. We're toning down on that now.
It was getting a bit out of hand.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3041
I sent you a pm alteraudiousa. I plan to install my CDT HD62 set in my 98 Toyota Camry to replace the stock speakers and install the tweeter closer to the midrange this time. Im not sure if i should upgrade to the 560 crossover or drt-25 tweeter.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 215
how do you check PM's on here....never used it.

Anonymous

lol just look on your top left corner it says check new messages

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 216
o i checked and it says i don't have any.

Bronze Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 82
It doesn't work for me either. I heard you have to check your e-mail or something. I looked there too and there was nothing. So I guess the P.M. on this forum doesn't work very well...

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3045
Do you have aim or yahoo ?

message me at suleman36 on AIM or sulemanprofile on yahoo

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3047
Usually you should get it in your email. Thats how i get mine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us