Power issue?! Can't find a solution

Username: Nate01776

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, this is my first thread, but ive been pretty into car audio for a while now. I have a 1989 ford festiva, and recently ive put some new sony xplods in the doors and in the rear, as well as a new head unit (dual xdm...) and just yesterday, i got 2 insignia subs with a matching amp. I bought boxes and a wiring kit today, and went home to set it all up. i connected everything int eh sub boxes, and put them in the back, then ran the speaker wires to were the amp would be. I then connected up the RCA cables along the right side of the car, and then i hooked up the power cable. I ran it straight from the battery, where i bolted it onto it, all the way back to the rear. I grounded a wire and then ran the power turn on cable next to the RCAs. I connected them all to the amp and...surprise! nothing works! the power light doesnt come on at all on the amp or anything. I have NO IDEA what the problem could be, all the connections are solid etc, im stumped. Any help appreciated. Thx

Bronze Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 15
When you started hooking every thing up did you take out the fuse befor installing every thing you might have for got to put the fuse in,or check all your fuses under the dash one of them might be out,and make sure you got a good ground to the chassis of the car

Username: Dirtydugie

Round Rock , Tx

Post Number: 1
Make sure your remote wire to the amp has 12vdc going to it and of course check your ground to the frame and voltage at the amps.

Username: Nate01776

Post Number: 3
Thanks guys, one of the fuses in the dash was out, i didnt think it would have made a difference but i guess it did. They really bounce. thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us