Does anyone know how

Anonymous

like phisically or whatever what you have to do to tune a vented enclosure to get the long bass like in bia bia

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3808
You can tune a box to a certain frequency...? There is no such thing as "long bass", the notes in the song are simply longer. Do you know how to read music? It's easier to understand if you do.

Anonymous

no how the bass im bia bia isnt deep bass its higher frequencies not the boom, the hmmmmmmmm

does anyone understand

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3811
Yes, the bass is a higher frequency? This has nothing to do with how long the note is. If you want your subs to play louder to that song, then tune your ported box accordingly.

Bronze Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 91
i know, im asking how do i tune it, like what do i do like get a tuner or change the box what do i do

Anonymous

i know im asking how do i tune it use a tuner or change the box what do i do

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3818
You have to change the actual port inside the box. As in take the box apart and make the port longer or shorter, depending on the frequency wanted.

Anonymous

its a vented box

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3819
A vented box is the same thing as a ported box. Just two different ways to say it.

Anonymous

well how do i change the size i cant its not a circle port like you think it has a slot vent in the middle of the box,

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3820
The shape has nothing to do with it. The port area is what determines the frequency.

Like I said, you take the box apart, and make the port "slot vent" shorter or longer depending on what frequency you want.

You can't just open the box up and cut some out and hope for the best though. You have to calculate the length of the port needed, based on the desired tuning frequency, and the port area.

Anonymous

so would i be able to play high and low frequencies at a certain setting or do i have to choose do i want one or the other, because ive heard peoples systems and some hit both kinda hard but then others dont hit the highs but hit the lows really hard, i want both, would a sealed box give me both

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3822
Your sub is still gonna play a range of frequency's. Tuning a box simply determines at what frequency range your sub will play the loudest.

Tune the box low, and the lower end of the bass spectrum will be louder. Higher bass notes will still be produced, they just won't be as loud.

Tune the box higher, and vice versa.

The loudest bass is that of the same frequency as the port tune.

Anonymous

what if i want both of them to hit the same hardness what do i set it to then, is it possible for me to do any changes to my amp or no to get these results

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3823
Used a sealed box if you don't have a preference.

Anonymous

well its just that the highs dont hit at all, like its a dead beat, i want to feel it like i feel the lows

Anonymous

theres no way for me to make it hit the highs by changeing settings on my amp

Anonymous

hello?

Anonymous

bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us