Help with Kenwood Display not showing

Unregistered guest
Hey All,

I have a 6 year old Kenwood Head Unit that controls a CD Changer. The face plate is motorized and will flip completely over to hide the radio. The problem I had recently is that the display plane just went blank, even though the radio still works fine. I just have no access to ANY of the buttons and I can't change stations or volume or even turn it off!

At first the display would "blink" in every once in a while, for a few seconds, or until I press a button. But now it's completely gone all the time.

Did anyone else have this problem before? I'm debating whether to buy a new head unit (I have a 99 car, and I don't really want to get too fancy of a stereo for it) or try to fix it if it's just a loose connection...

The car audio place said they need to send it in for 3-4 weeks and cost $100-200 bucks... doesn't sound worth it...

Thanks!

Anonymous

i think you should have been saving up for a new radio when you seen the thing starting to break
a repair job isnt worth it on such an old radio
buy a new one with the repair money

Random Person
Unregistered guest
i know this is off topic but i have a kenwood deck ( KDC-X817) i had gotten it for free and i already have one in my car ( KDC X469 ) and the one i got for free i want to hook it up in the house and play with it any one know how to get just the power to turn on to a deck?

Unregistered guest
I have money to buy a new one, but buying a very nice new stereo on a 6 year old car isn't the best choice per se. I hope I can fix it myself for cheap... else I'd get a cheap stereo... though this one that's broken is a 44W x 4 RMS... sigh...

uicdshnajksdcsu
Unregistered guest

quote:

I have money to buy a new one, but buying a very nice new stereo on a 6 year old car isn't the best choice per se. I hope I can fix it myself for cheap... else I'd get a cheap stereo... though this one that's broken is a 44W x 4 RMS... sigh...

It's worth it. An excellent unit can be found on ebay for under $100.

Unregistered guest
You have to replace the flat wire to the front panel, because it's broken!
But if you've never done it before it's not that easy! It's a very well known problem!!
Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us