Old school SOLOs any good?

Anonymous

i found some old school round solos and i'm thinking bout getting them...are they any good???

what kinda subs do they compare to???

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 174
im not farmiliar with the older solos but i have heard they were much better than the square ones they sell today. anyone got some specs on them?

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 97
My cousin had a pair of tens, they had great sq and hit hard in a sealed enclosure he had, in my opnion they are great, since then, i think he blew both of them....opps rofl, and on one the surround was starting to wear pretty bad

Anonymous

i think this is the manual... it has some specs:

http://www.kicker.com/images/manuals/SolodMan.pdf

Anonymous

ryan, unless that was a joke, the round solos are nothing near how good the square solobarics are...im almost in shock someone would say that...stick to your day job.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 180
"im not farmiliar with the older solos but i have heard they were much better than the square ones they sell today. anyone got some specs on them?"

i dont recall saying that i knew anything about them actually. i just thought someone previously posted about the rounded solos stating they were better than the newer square ones. no need to be a dick about it

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1796
I'm the one that said it, and I will stand by that statement. Note that this is from a SQ standpoint, the round solos had much less distortion and better SQ than the L7s, SPL wise, yes the new square designs hit harder. Those older subs were designed strictly for small sealed box applications, and as with any small sealed designed sub, they are VERY temperamental to box volume, so if you did a crappy install and used a prefab or just a poorly designed box, yes bad results would be had, both from a SQ and reliability standpoint. The only thing the square solos are really all that "good" for is SPL, so I'd assume that's what you're referring to in the first place.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 406
A kid in my town a few years back had a single 15" round solo. That thing sounded really good. Had a crisp, deep bass. As for getting loud the new solos are louder but the round solos sounded way better when they got loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us