Archive through August 18, 2006

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 748
Frank, as I said before I am happy to help. With this sudden flood of LE replacements, I hold my breath every time I turn my 50V500 on.

Unfortunately, I have discovered a stuck pixel. A little permanent red dot right-center. Of course it couldn't have happened in a corner. It is hard to see during normal viewing, but it is painfully obvious during fades to white or black. I guess that's better than a big pink cloud.

Unregistered guest
John S., you mean you see no trace on your set of the infamous red cloud? I thought it was nearly universal amongst us longtime 50V500 owners.

In my case a light-moderate red cloud showed up in center of screen right around the 2-year mark of ownership. I watch a lot of sports programming which has bright, fast-moving images so I don't notice it much. I see the red (actually more pinkish) mainly on dark scenes in movies.

Since I know the red cloud will only get worse with time I've been going thru the process of getting the LE replaced for nearly two months, working with Hitachi and Sears (no warranty). Things are now progressing and I hope to have everything wrapped up to my satisfaction next week. I'll report details when complered.

BTW, my Sears tech verifies what Carl and Frank said in their posts...technically all of the replacement LE's are "rebuilt." "New" shouldn't construed as the original factory part---redesigned is a better description. The original 50V500 LE's had inadequately sized ventilation ports and were nearly impossible to clean internally. This lead to overheating and the red cloud developing over time.

Username: Michaelts

Columbus, OH

Post Number: 1
Guess what I just learned on 2/25.... I'm the newest member of the "red cloud of dread club." Whish I would of found this forum 3 days ago (read every post) before I called Hitachi for a CS rep to come to my house. This in turn made my wife mad that we wasted all day Saturday, just for them to tell me that my TV was broken. Anyway the repair man said that the LE's are on back order and could be 2-3 weeks before I see my TV back. I guess for now I'm back with 27" 4:3 . What's really funny to top it off is when I helped that repair man load my TV 50V500 in his box truck, there is another 50V500 that just came from their shop (repaired LE.) Last week I received a letter from CC about buying a EW before Hitachi 1 year runs out. By what I know now for this forum I would of bought the CC EW and had them give me a new model since the LE's are on backorder, too late now! So now I'll just have to wait and see how long it will take for my parts to show up, repair man said call in a week. I have a few questions to ask. Everyone is talking about their run hours, is there a menu that I can see that on mine? Next I bought my TV on 4/17/05, does anyone know if every 2,000 to 4,000 hours the LE is going to go out. Last one for right now, dose anyone have a true backorder timeframe?

And For John S. I live in Columbus, OH too, who did you have repair your 50v500? I had a TV Repair shop for Canal Winchester.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 752
Michael, I guess I'm about the only guy in the long history of this thread who has not called a service guy for repair. Up until about 2 weeks ago I had no complaints, other than the weak blacks. That was when I saw the lone stuck pixel. Most people don't even notice it, but of course I do. I doubt seriously whether Hitachi, or any fixed-pixel manufacturer of any format, would do anything about one silly pixel.

The first page of the service menu has the total number of hours of operation on the TV. To enter the service menu, (what the service manual calls the I2C mode) you press and hold the INPUT and the POWER buttons on the TV's front panel for two seconds, then release. Do this when the TV is cold. The hours of operation can be read in the upper right corner. The remote control's EXIT button (or power off) will get you out. If you want to do any more fooling around in this strange menu, you do so at your own risk.

I certainly wish you luck and please keep us posted.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 753
DZ wrote:
John S., you mean you see no trace on your set of the infamous red cloud? I thought it was nearly universal amongst us longtime 50V500 owners.

Fortune does not stand waiting at any one's door. --old proverb

And I hope the same is true for misfortune. Maybe my luck is because I just don't have that many hours on this TV. Since it is a part of a dedicated home theater system, I just don't fire up the beast unless it's for a special event. I don't watch the news or stuff like American Idol (even if it is in HD) on it. I just checked today, and I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have only 789 hours logged (since Dec. '03). So yes, maybe my time for heartache is coming.

The original 50V500 LE's had inadequately sized ventilation ports and were nearly impossible to clean internally. This lead to overheating and the red cloud developing over time.

This was a hunch I had when I quizzed Michael Somers about his installation.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=492579#POST492579

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 754
Also I would like to thank Carl Evans for sharing his long and sad story of repair. He deserves many thousands of hours of trouble-free service. The pharmacological asides were quite amusing, however.
:-)

Columbus, OH

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the reply, too bad I can't try it on my TV right now.
Without my TV it makes my Xbox 360 and HD Cable Box kind of lifeless.

Unregistered guest
John S.,
789 hrs--I guess that's one way to avoid the red plague. Good for you.

That Michael Sommers photo is the most wicked case of the red cloud I have ever seen. In fact I sent that photo in my written letter to Hitachi. I also used a quote from a tech who posted over on the AVS Forum. It has a real good description of the ventilation problem...

"Thought I'd share my experience with these sets. Take what you want out of it. I have changed out 4 or 5 light engines in these suckers, pain in the butt, 90 minute job. The light engines were around 1350 bucks, but the last one I did was only about $350...left me scratchin my head. The pink/red cloud is because of inadequate cooling to the panels. The old style engine had a hole about the size of a half dollar on the bottom of the light engine. They get so clogged with dust and are impractical to clean. The new light engines have the cooling vent on the back side of the engine and is 3 times bigger. Much better for cooling AND maintenance. Just vacuum once in a great while, much easier than complete disassembly."

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 756
DZ,
This is not encouraging news. Maybe the re-designed cooling vent is the only difference between original and re-built LEs?

Does this AVS quote come from a substantial thread on the subject, and if so can you provide a link? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
John S.,
Yes, the AVS Forum (Audio Visual Science)has "Hitachi LCD V500 Issues Thread." It's been running for several years. Here's a link to the current page of the thread...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=351829&page=43&pp=30

I find this eCoustics thread we're using a little more spontaneous, probably because non-members are allowed to post. In my experience, AVS Forum and eCoustics are by far the most informative and helpful message boards on 50V500 issues.

Columbus, OH

Post Number: 4
Can anyone tell me where I can find a copy of the tech manual for my 50V500? Just thought I might want to have a copy around, for any future tribulations.

Username: My401k

PSL, Florida

Post Number: 6
Michael S. I have a copy on adobe reader, if you want to shoot me your email I will send a copy. It's a large file (34mb) otherwise I would post here. There is also a link to download but you have to unzip and extract, to a new file.

Username: Uwish

Alberta Canada

Well, I have been on the AVS issue's thread for this unit for years now. I have owned my set (V500A) for about 2.5 years, I bought it when they first came out.

Yes, it did suffer from the red cloud issue, and unfotunately EVERY V500 will. They did NOT get the redesigned LE into general manufacturing before they stopped producing this set for the V525 series. This means, your set WILL get the red cloud issue.

Some good news, many people on AVS do not have the extended warranty (EW) but since this is a known issue with the sets many of then are getting the part (new LE part # UX22202DR) for nothing and just paying for the labour of install. I was lucky, my EW is still good for anothe two years.

It took two techs about 95 minutes to remove the old and install the new LE. Let me tell you, these guys knew there way around a V500. They told me they have replaced about 10 LE in my area in the past few months and it took 5 months to get my engine in from Hit. Since every set is suffering from this red cloud (LCD is litterally burning due to poor ventalation and air circulation) they can not keep up with the LE manufacturing. They do not re-fab old ones anymore.

In case anyone is curious, my buld has 5968 hrs on it and still going strong. Once the new LE was installed the image was back to even better then when I brought it home the first day.

Bronze Member
Username: Frank_p

MOUNTAIN TOP, PA USA

Post Number: 11
I am glad to see alot of folks are getting new LE's for free from Hitachi. Sorry to hear that the problem is most likely going to happen to all owners. In the two weeks since installation the picture is better than the day I bought it, the tech that replaced it was a Hitachi authorized service provider, he knew his way around the set and replaced the whole thing in just over an hour by himself, he said he has done it too many times to count, when he pulled the screen off and put it on the floor I was shocked, I kept thinking I hope this guy knows what he is doing, he was here and gone faster than Hitichi agreed to give me a new LE. Keep the heat on them this is terrible that they are not recalling the part. Best of luck to all 50v500 owners.

mbort
Unregistered guest
Frank P,

Third call made today. Looks like Hitachi is going to pick up the LE, even though my set is 16 months out of warranty. Of course they should, considering we put our faith in their standing behind their new product lines. We didn't offer to pay anything, just said we wanted the LE replaced. In fact, the CSR said the LE would be replaced.. didn't even have to go through customer relations this final time. So we need to get the service tech out here, apparently the authorization has already been made on our file and he just needs to call in for confirmation. It looks like we pay labor, they are covering the parts. Assuming it all works out, I'll be satisfied, although a little disappointed that there has not been a recall...

SRC
Unregistered guest
Hello again 50v500 sufferers...
Since my LE was replaced 2 months ago has anyone besides myself noticed the heat being exhausted appearing to be cooler now than when you had the origional LE installed? As for myself it appears to be quite cooler than before...just curious.
Hitachi sent me a survey as to what I thought of them handling this LE issue...I wrote my concerns and comments about the 50v500...I hope they respond as I requested them to...
Good luck 50v's....we're gonna need it.....
SRC

Bronze Member

MOUNTAIN TOP, PA USA

Post Number: 12
mbort
Glad to see you got your LE, my install cost was noted as HITACHI RATE and was $225.00 plus tax for 238.00 total, best of luck.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 795
Frank, sorry but did you ever post your hour count on the TV before the LE replacement?

Bronze Member

MOUNTAIN TOP, PA USA

Post Number: 13
7950, pretty sick considering it was 20 months old, but hey, its on most everyday. Lets officially designate it the "TEST SET" LOL!!

Username: Uwish

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
Frank, was that all on the same lamp? The specs say they are about 5K hours so if you got another 3K out of one lamp that is impressive

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 802
Frank, some serious hours! As I recall, it was only the LE they replaced, right? Even so, with two lamps any where near 8000 hours is still good. Best....

Bronze Member

MOUNTAIN TOP, PA USA

Post Number: 14
it was the original lamp, the service tech said and I agree the number of lamp on/off cycles is more critical to lamp failure than total hours, when they replaced the LE I had a spare new lamp knowing that some day in the middle of the Super Bowl the dang thing would fail me, so the tech stuck the new lamp in for me when he did he LE, the old lamp with nearly 8k hours on it is now my spare/emergency lamp. Nearly 8k hours is huge but the dog enjoys watching CNBC, he day trades and get angry when I shut it off on him, she can't us the remote, total lack of dexterity on these English Cocker Spaniels. ;)

Bronze Member

MOUNTAIN TOP, PA USA

Post Number: 15
Note, the tech did say that lamps have a 1/2 life of about 3k to 5k hours so my lamp had probably lost a bit of its brightness, I will probably replace this one after another 5k hours. I truely think my unit should be considered the thread test set lol.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 806

Frank, if your spaniel has any hot stock tips we'd appreciate any she'd like to pass along.

Upload

Username: Nellie54914

Well after over a year of putting up with the growing red cloud I finally called in to Hitachi last week. (I know, I should have called in sooner!) We have the 50V500a, purchased in Jan. 2004. Customer Service wouldn't do anything so I asked to talk to Customer Relations. After speaking with the CR rep for a short time he said that Hitachi would pick up the parts or labor, whichever costs more. Great news!

I called the repair place to find out what the cost would be to come look at the TV, and the labor cost to repair if in fact it is the LE. It will be $100 just for them to come look at the TV, and around $300 for them to fix it if that's what it is. So $400 is what we'd end up paying. I'm glad Hitachi is going to pick up the parts cost, but that's still a lot to pay to have a TV fixed that's only 2 yrs old and paid $3500 for new!!

The first repair guy I talked to said he had done one of those for Hitachi before, they have a contracted amount if Hitachi is paying and it's only about $150. But if it's not Hitachi paying for labor their rates are higher. I called Hitachi again today to see if they would pick up the labor costs since what they would pay is way less than what I would have to pay. The CS rep said no. I asked to talk to CR, and right away the rep that came on had an attitude so I knew that was going nowhere. He said it was their policy that they don't cover anything outside of warranty, but that they were already making an exception to that policy by agreeing to pay for the parts. After arguing my points with him for a while I asked to talk to a manager.

His supervisor came on and he had the same tone, this was going nowhere. The entire conversation he was abrupt and not very apologetic of the situation. I explained my disappointment in the Hitachi product and that I expected a company like Hitachi to support their products. I said that for a known issues in these models they should back up their product, but he said there is no known issue. I told him I have seen this issue on multiple boards on the internet, and a lot of people have had this problem. He said you can find anything on the internet, doesn't make it true. I asked why their policy is not to cover anything outside of warranty even if it's a common issue, and he said they have no such policy. He said their policy was to help the customer depending on the situation and how many issues they have had in the past. I told him that the CR rep just told me that was their policy, he didn't say much to that. So apparently once you have multiple issues they will help you out more.

Again, I am glad they will pick up the LE cost if that's what it is, but have been very disappointed with Hitachi and their attitude towards this issue. They have the leeway to be able to help us more, but choose not to. Keeping $150 is more important to them than keeping a happy, life-long customer. Apparently this is the price we pay for trusting their brand and adopting the new technology early in its release. We will not buy Hitachi products again.

Username: Igiking

Usa

I want to thank every one for doing this post , I have know noticed the red cloud. Actually my 14 year old son noticed it months ago and asked what it was. It is only noticeable during dark scenes and when changing chanels or if you put the set on an input that has no signal and the screen should be black but it has a red glow. I actually thought it was a reflection of light from the room . Now I know. I bought the set at CC 17 months ago, and I thankfully have an extended warrenty on the set. The warrenty covers parts and labor. A $400.00 investment ,I think is gonna finnaly pay off. I will keep you posted. By the way the Hitachi has got one of the best pictures I have seen on any set. My brother and brother in law both own mitsubishi DLP sets and they just drool when they come over and watch a live game in HD n mine. Yup I am the younger brother with a leg up!!!

Username: Wendypoo

We have the Hitachi 50V500, which we have been very happy with until recently, when it developed a blue blob which began in the upper right and has now encroached down the side and is growing bigger every day. The center of the screen is washed out, more whitish pink than the red cloud everyone is talking about, but just as obnoxious. Do you think I have the same problem - light engine? What should I do?? Thanks to anyone who can be of help. I don't have time to read back through all these posts to find advice.

Username: Mbort

Just an update to my prior posts .. finally got my TV back from the TV shop on Wednesday. Now I remember why I bought this TV. It looks as good and even better than I remember. Total cost, including "diagnosis", tax, install, etc. was $300 even (I dropped the set off at the shop to avoid the $100 or more service call). The service guy told me he is always replacing light engines, but not just on Hitachi .. apparently its a pretty common problem across the board with these large screen sets. But all in all, I'm satisfied that Hitachi paid for the parts, esp. considering that my set is 16 months out of warranty. Good luck for all those with the red cloud. It may take a few calls, but Hitachi will foot the >$1k bill for a new light engine.

Bronze Member

MOUNTAIN TOP, PA USA

Post Number: 16
WENDY,
There is a very good chance your problem is the LE, my red bloob added a purple/blue blob on the opposite side of the screen just prior to my repair that was only visible when there was a close up shot, the tech said its all related to the LE which is responsible for focusing the correct colors in the correct locations. I suggest you have a Hitachi Authorized tech look at it, I received a new LE from Hitachi through the Hiachti authorized tech, the official Hitachi repair book called for a 225$ install cost. Best of luck!!!

Bronze Member

MOUNTAIN TOP, PA USA

Post Number: 17
John,
The dang thing buys and sells so fast I can't keep up with her, she says long term in dog yrs is about 30 to 100 minutes. LOL

Columbus, OH

Post Number: 5
Finally I received my TV back from the repair shop, after 3 weeks. Anyway I thought that fixing my LE would be the end to all my problems. No red cloud that's a start, but now there's a ghost image on my TV. Just like with the old "tube" project TV it out of line somehow (double images). I started to really notice when I logged on to my Xbox 360 and was reading some. I changed some settings on my Xbox still with now luck. Than I thought maybe it's the connection not that either, so I tried cable as well and there it is the same problem. Guess there's going to be another call to the repair shop for me.

Just wanted to see if anyone ales has had this problem as well?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 824
Michael, one of the guys that used to be on this thread had your problem. There is some kind of convergence control in the service menu called "ghost-r." Read bryan's post here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=82315#POST82315

Username: Zepp36

My nearly three month episode dealing with Hitachi CS on replacing the LE due to the red cloud
is finally over. The TV was actually fixed three weeks ago, but more time was required for paperwork
processing.

All things considered I'm happy. The 50V500 is a great set which I have always believed in
since buying in Sep.'03. I'm back to wowing house visitors again with this TV's terrific
picture and sound.

My LE replacement worked thru Sears Home Repair, which was OK with Hitachi as long as I paid
the labor. I originally bought the TV at Sears and their techs have always seemed knowledgable
with the 50V500 model. Sears and Circuit City sold thousands of these sets early on.

Sears charged me $387 for the LE (Part #UX22201DR), then Hitachi reimbursed me for the same amount.
Labor cost out of my pocket was $238, not bad considering I never had an EW on the set.
Anyone can use Sears service outside of warranty whether the product was purchased at their
stores or not.

A tech first came to my house to verify the red cloud problem (which took about 10 sec.) and
order the replacement part. In less than a week the LE arrived at my door via UPS, and Sears
was here the next day to install it. It took the tech about two hours to do the job. I'm pretty handy with
electronics but how any consumer could attempt to replace an LE on their own is beyond me.

The best news of all is that my picture is now as bright and brilliant as ever. And that's with the original
lamp with 4400 hrs on it. Others too have reported a better-than-ever picture with their LE replacements
which is encouraging.

I have no reason to believe the redesigned LE's with improved ventilation won't perform well
over time. Don't forget these Hitachi 50V500s were widely acclaimed as having the best picture
of the bunch when the new technology LCD RPTV sets hit the market in 2003. I'll still take one of these
sets over a DLP display any day.

Looking back on this whole 50V500 red cloud saga, Hitachi sure could have saved their own CS
reps and set owners a lot of grief and phone calls. When the problem became apparent in the
latter half of 2005, they should have issued a service bulletin to authorized dealers and
registered owners describing what Hitachi will offer to resolve the problem and how owners
should proceed to get the fix.

It's disappointing to still see a few posts on the message boards where 50V500 owners with the
onset of the red cloud are being told "there's no known problem" when contacting Hitachi.
People shouldn't have to fight their way thru this issue.

Dave (formerly DZ)

Username: Silver14

Austin, TX USA

I have the same problems with my 50V500 set that others have posted here. I got the set in January 05 and over time the 'Red Plume' in the center of the screen appeared. As it got worse I thought it was the lamp that was the issue so I replaced it only to discover that the red was still there.

I just put up with it as it was only really visible on dark images and didn't seem all that annoying. A few weeks later near the center of the screen a blue streak appeared and has only gotten brighter and larger. I swapped my lamps around again thinking it was the lamp but the blue was still visible. I was confused for awhile believing that the lamp was the only thing that could be invovled. I searched on google with only the reference "50V500 Blue" and pulled up many results includeing this board.

I had to call hitatchi twice for them to agree to pay for parts and labor. Both times they acted as if they never heard of this issue before. On the second call the rep said word for word "He said you can find anything on the internet, doesn't make it true." just as someone else had listed in an earlier post. They are so full of it to deny, deny, deny up front. But at least they caved and agreed to pay for parts and labor.

I had a repair man out today to look at the set for only a few min but agreed it was the light engine from what he saw and they will get the part on order. He had all the information from Hitatchi.

I used to work in a technical call center for a number of years with a large company. Seems standard policy for companies everywhere to deny known issues for as long as possible. My advice to anyone with problems with this set is to just keep calling Hitatchi, most techs are stressed out and arn't paid enough to fight with you especially when the honest ones know the truth and hate that they have to deny it per policy.

Hopefully in a few weeks my set will be good as new again. I'll post a follow up.

Username: Oachalon

UECWEB is selling the 50v500a on their website for $899 and it is a refurb what are the chances that the tv has the new light engine in it. I dont know if I should take the risk with this tv. Especially since uec only has a 30 day warranty and their extended warranty is outrageous in price. Im considering buying an extended warranty from repairamasters. I dont know what to do.

Username: Jayhorn5

Atlanta, GA USA

I've had my 50V500 since November 2003. I had the red hue issue 3 TIMES, but only had to pay for the labor to get it fixed once (did it through Sears since that's where I bought it). I also replaced the bulb about a month ago.

Now I am having the same red cloud issue that everyone else is having. Thanks for all of the info, I'm going to send the Customer Service people to this site when they try to deny it exists! I'll post my progress in the next few days.

Username: Mustangdanimal

I've had my 60v600 since 2/2/04. Have had the red blob problem for about 6 months. Started out as the size of a softball, and now has grown to 1/3 the screen. I called Hitachi and the CSR would not do a thing other than schedule service. He gave me the same "anything on the internet" statement. I said OK, I'd like to talk with customer relations. The CR rep, Tracy, listened to my concerns, put me on hold for 2 minuntes while she checked what she could do, then came back and offered to pay for all parts. Since I have 6000 hours of use on the TV, I think it is fair to pay for labor, especially since the TV is over a year out of warranty. Hitachi will step up. You just need to be nice, but firm.

Username: Jayhorn5

Atlanta, GA USA

I talked to Hitachi, they said initially that I would have to get Sears to come look at it, but when I talked to CR, they gave me the number for an authorized Hitachi repair place in my area. I'm going to schedule an appointment for them to tell me what I already know, and I'm sure I'll have to pay for it.

Bronze Member
Username: Jedimaster

Los Angeles

Post Number: 48
It's been a while since I followed this forum. I am amazed to see how many problems this TV has.
Besides the pink hue problem I had last year, mine is still kickin'.

By the way, I still have the tech manual for this TV, if anyone wants it.

Username: Nellie54914

Well our LE was replaced on Friday and everything looked great again, but now tonight we noticed a yellow band on the bottom 4-5" of the screen. Only noticeable on white/light scenes when that area is on the bottom. Anybody else have this problem?

Username: 1sad1

Dallastown, PA

New to the Board but thanks for the posts. I Got my Hitachi 50V500 from C----- City and, thanks to some good advice, got the extended warranty. Red blob appeared a few months ago. Called, made a warranty claim & told them it was the light engine after looking at your posts. Finally got a rep assigned to look at it a week later and rep said, yep, LE is bad. 5 weeks pass w/o any contact & I finally call. I was handed off to "Level 2" customer service at C----- City who assigned me a case manager. Nothing from the case mgr for a week so, I called my case manager (Kim) twice and left detailed messages with no call back. Called again & indicated Kim and I were not working out. Finally got handed off to "Level 3" at HQ in Richmond, VA. There I was told "Oh, we just processed an exchange for you, it costs too much to replace the light engine." Replacement TV is the current 50" Hitachi. Nice box but it looks like the monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey. Additionally it is @ $700 cheaper than what I spent, not including the extra warranty. Of course my $400 TV stand matches the old silver tv. I am in further discussions to resolve the issue. Lessons learned:
1) Expensive warranty customer service at C---- City leaves a lot to be desired.
2) Looking at all the posts, given the number of failures, looks like a class action law suit might be in order.

My best guess is to be on the look out for some sort of discount cupon gambit from Hitachi on the purchase of a new TV.

Thanks for all the posts.

Username: Shriramosu

Beaverton, Oregon

OK I am joining the problems crowd, suggestions welcome
Hi All

Unfortunately I just read this thread after I bought my used Hitachi 50V500 locally. Seller says he bought it about 6 months ago at either best buy or circuit city, and I should be getting the receipt in a couple of days

My problem is I have the dreaded red cloud issue (right now don't have HD tuner), will be mainly using it for DVD's and OTA HD. Also would like to try this set as my computer monitor but not sure thats possible as have read that LCD's and this one esp, cant be hooked up to the computer

When I switch channels in the middle of the screen there is a red cloud in the middle. My plan of action is

1. Get the receipt (assume warranty is transferable) and then call Hitachi and ask them for help/to fix the issue.

2. If that doesn't work, I can try reading service menu and this thread fully to see if I can fix it myself.

3. If not, I guess I can live with the red cloud, as it appears only on channel swithces (I don't want to, but not sure what else to do).

4. What else should I be checking up on, given I will have service come out to my house, is there more I should be checking and seeing if its wrong?

All suggestions welcome. I guess in retrospect, I could have bought a CRT RPTV for cheaper (couple of hundred $$ less) without problems, but in my naivete thought this TV was good.

Thanks a lot

Shriram

Username: Igiking

Usa

Shriram, Welcome to our world. You are not alone, obviously, I just had my set serviced yesterday, and what a differance. Thankfully I had purchased the EW from CC. It has paid off its wait in gold.
The Tech came Yesterday and we replaced the light engine. He was great , he actually let me help, as I am a tech myself. It took about 3 hours and that was because he talked a lot. Believe me when I tell you that the job is very intense as the top of the tv comes off. We removed the back cover and screen together, as a set. I was amazed at how simple the insides are. There is a mirror on the back cover, that reflects the image onto the screen from the light engine, which looks like a projector. The light engine is just that, a projector. It will cost you about 400.00 to 800.00 bucks depending on who you get it from. The job is a two person job however, dont do it your self. I also have the manual, and low and behold the last section in the maual describes step by step, how to replace the light engine with color pics. From my guestimates , I looked over the light engine we took out, and compared to the one we where putting in, the one that failed has a small 1 1/2 inch round hole under the lens area, with a cloth like filter, which the tech said there is a fan there too, was clogged with dust. Greyish dust to be exact. It appears this is what caused the light engine to fail. The tech also told me that he believes that what happens is there are three chips that the image filters thru, (red green blue) gets warped and/or deteriates, causing the red cloud effect. The new LE has a new cooling system.
They eliminated the hole and filter on the bottom, and redesigned the cooling port to exhaust to the rear thru a black thin foam like filter.
If any one takes this job on themselves , may I suggest you get a power drill with screwdriver bit. There are a ton of screws, also take notes of what screws go where as some are longer than others and if you put the wrong one in the wrong area you could damage a board.
The picture is very bright again, I am watching ESPN HD, currently , as I type, and it is so clear and crisp. I have just over 4,000 hrs on the origanal lamp , and was told by the tech, to call into CC service in a month and tell them the lamp has blown and they will send me another one. Not a bad idea, I think I will do that a couple of times before my warrenty runs out in a couple years.

Username: 1sad1

Dallastown, PA

Here is the latest from the good folks at Circuit City. First, they are no longer fixing the Hitachi, at least not here in central PA. Apparently, LE+Labor is a little over $1800 and all CC will authorize for repair is $1700. Plan B. After getting jerked around for about two weeks I was bumped up on the feeding chain and offered a replacement TV. Here is a neat fact, the local Circuit City store gets to decide what is an "equivalent" product. Read, what do we have in stock to minimize our expense. The replacement is a newer Hitachi, all black, $700 cheaper than what I spent. Pretty much it is a take-it-or-leave-it proposition. Of course, it doesn't match the $400 stand for my current Hitachi. Circut City has concluded that the color of the set isn't a "feature" for purposes of their warranty coverage. I am an attorney so I need to do a little research on that "conclusion" by Amanda the customer service lead at the local store.

My advice to anyone looking to buy this set used, reconditioned or whatever, is to run away. Hitachi isn't standing behind what is obviously a design and product defect and Circuit City is cutting their losses.

I haven't figured out exactly what my reponse to Circuit City is going to be. I can state with some certainty that the 5K I had budgeted for a home theater system in the basement this summer will not include a trip to my local Circuit City store.

I'll keep you posted if I decide to go class action against Hitachi.

What a pain.

Username: Bakodel

Nevada

Hi - I've been reading the posts on this site for a while now and finally confronted Hitachi about the read cloud/blue bar LE issues that our 50V500 had. We purchased it in Oct 2003, and didn't think we had a chance getting Hitachi to pick up even part of the tab. But I followed the advise from this site and Hitachi, after the usual denial of any known problems, agreed to pay for the part, provided I used one of their warranty centers and paid for the labor. I live in the Reno, NV area and every TV repair shop I spoke to was aware of this particular problem. They all said they see it all the time. Hitachi sent the repair shop an authorization for the work, and our cost was about $350. So far, no problems with the TV. And I sure am glad I found this site and read up on the problem before just accepting the cost of the repair. Thanks for everyone's posts on this matter. It saved us a lot of money. Again, our TV is about 2 1/2 years old, well out of warranty, with about 5000 hours on the bulb. Hitachi Customer Service was pretty much worthless, but two calls to Customer Relations did the trick for us. And on the second call, they agreed almost instantly to pay for the part. I will continue to follow this site in the event Hitachi should eventually have some kind of recall on the LE. Thanks for the help.

Username: Sboone03

I have been reading the postings here regarding the 50V500a with interest. I purchased mine in January 04 and have noticed the red cloud for quite some time. It didn't really bother me. However, recently there is s yellow tint to everything. I haven't seen anything in the postings about this. Has anyone else seen this? The color is now terrible and I have to fix this. The TV is out of warranty. Could the lamp need to be replaced?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 925
William,
Could the lamp need to be replaced?

Just to make things clear, the lamp and the light engine are two different things. It seems to me you have two problems, first with the light engine (red cloud) and with the color coding controlled in the service menu. Since, in my opinion, you need a service call to confirm the red cloud problem, then why not try the service menu to maybe correct the yellow tint problem. If you screw things up in there, you've already got a guy coming anyway, right? Read this:

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=506270#POST506270

Thanks John. I was able to pull up the service menu and went to LCD Drive but none of the items listed in the post you sent to me came up. There was a menu of items that started with "TEST PAT" and then a lot of codes. Did I miss something somewhere? Also, my lamp has almost 9200 hours on it.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 930
I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you William. I have not had the need to get into the service menu, and I am too chicken to play around in it---other than to check the bulb's hours. I'm only at 871, if you can believe that. My 50V500 is a special occation TV, and I haven't had too much time to play in the last two years.

I will suggest you check your color management and color decoding settings. See page 48 in your manual. I have calibrated my TV with video calibration discs, and these are the settings I use:

Color Management
magenta® 46%
red® 46%
yellow® 50%
green® 56%
cyan® 50%
blue® 50%

Color Decoding
red® 45%
green® 46%
color® 30%
I have never found the need to move the tint much either way.

Thanks for the info John. I'll probably call a technician.

Username: Jobmn

Minneapolis, MN

My 50V500 just quit displaying reds. I noticed right away when I turned it on the colors look washed out. Greens and Blues looked good, but no reds. When I changed the slidding bas for Green and Blue from the standard setting of 50 I could see the picture change. When I did this to the red, no change. I'm assuming this is an LE issue. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, did Hitachi give the LE for free?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 939
"Has anybody else had this problem?"

Yes. Scared the crap out of me. Turned out to be a faulty connection on the red component wire on the cable box feed to the TV.

Username: Coors30

i'm having a problem with my 50v500 just going to a all green screen with vertical lines! sometimes it's green sometimes it's white any help?

Minneapolis, MN

I thought it was a connection issue at first, but it is the same on all of my video inputs, including the HD input and component video inputs. I have 296 hours on this unit

Minneapolis, MN

Per prior messages, I entered the service menu and checked the LCD Driver values... they were 000's for red and green. Reset them back to the default levels per the service manual (I'm glad I downloaded all 14 parts), and all my reds were back! I saved a $50 initial visit from the repairman for diagnosis +++ whatever they decided my unit needed replacing (Another $50 trip charge, $299 repair labor charge + parts). Since I don't watch the 50V500 that much (less than 300 hours after two years) maybe it will last me a long time. When it is good it is really good.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 946
Congratulations Joe!

Upload

Joe - Can you tell me how to get to the menu where I can change the values? I am unable to download the manual for some reason. I can get to the service menu and then to LCD Drive but I cannot tell where to go from there. John S. sent me the values in a link above but I can't find them in the menu. Can you help?

Minneapolis, MN

William

This is where you can get the service manual

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/13164/Hitachi_50V500.html

You have to download all 14 parts and the have a program that can handle rar files. I downloaded and used winace to extract the manual, available at www.winace.com

When you do this you will get a 35 MByte Adobe Acrobat copy of the manual... all 194 pages

Thanks Joe, I now have the service manual but I still can't get to the place where I can change the values. I go to LCD Drive and cursor to the right to get to the sub-menu and here is what comes up:
TESTPAT 000
VREF 050
SHPR 006
SHPG 005
SHPB 006
NRSH HR 350

and about a half dozen more like that. How do I get to the:

SIG-C-R 01D, etc. so I can reset those codes? What am I doing wrong? I can't find anything in the manual that helps. I have all the right codes, I just can't find where to put them in.

Colorado

That's puzzling, William. You're doing everything right...down arrow with remote control select button to highlight LCD Drive then right arrow to sub-menu...you should get what is pictured below...

Upload

Post Number: 6
Thanks Dave. I've been trying to find that but I can't. Does it have anything to do with the cable box being on or off or having the TV set on Ant A or one of the inputs?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 955
Yes indeed, thanks Dave. In an effort to help William, plus familiarize myself with the service menu for possible future use, I tried to find the "Sig" adjustments there. Unfortunately, like William, I had no luck either. I tried everything I could think of, including different inputs, with and without an incoming signal. Every time I scrolled down to "LCD Drive" then went right, this is what I see:

Upload

I can then scroll down to some other stuff on this sub-menu, but no "Sig" adjustments.

Post Number: 7
Thanks John. This is exactly what I get as well.

Username: Gary

Has anyone attempted the Mem. Init. in the 50V500 Service Menu? If so, what does it correct and are there any disadvantages/adverse effects of doing this.

Thanks.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 957
William, if you look on page 64 in the service manual, you can see the "Sig" adjustments listed immediately under LCD drive (Sub mi-com)...whatever that means. I just don't understand why it's not coming up.

:-(

Post Number: 8
Same here John. I've tried everything so I guess I'll bite the bullet and call a technician.

Username: Swannl11

Summerville, SC USA

Having the same problem As John S, 31 May 06 post. When I go service menu and select LCD Drive and cursor to the right to get to the sub-menu and here is what comes up:
TESTPAT 000
VREF 050
SHPR 006
SHPG 005
SHPB 006
NRSH HR 350

not the SIG-C-R...Serv tech replaced Light Eng last month and everything was fine (cleared up the red cloud)Had a power glitch and when I turned the set back on everything that should be white has a yellow hue. AGHHHH...any suggestions

Username: Wendypoo

Just wanted to tell everyone that I followed advice given on this board and was able to get Hitachi to pay for new light engine for our Hitachi 50V500, even though it has been out of warranty for a year and a half. Hitachi paid for the part, which was about 2/3 of the repair cost. We paid only $250 for the labor. The repairman came to our home and fixed it here, so we had no down time. It now has the great picture that made us buy it in the first place. Thanks to everyone who helped point me in the right direction!

Colorado

Wendy, your repair experience went almost exactly the same as mine (March 23 post). Glad it worked out. I've had my replacement LE in use for over three months now and everything looks great.

I'm still puzzled on the differing service menu sub-menus people are seeing. I get the SIG adjustments when I cursor right from LCD Drive, but others get TESTPAT. Perhaps there are different software builds.

My set is a 50V500 manufactured in Sep. '03. Photo below is the first page of my service menu that I took several years ago for reference. The top line numbers are the same today (except hours)...

Upload

Post Number: 9
Dave - I checked my top line numbers and they are all different, as are the settings. The top line is LC3XE and V162 so it must be a different version. I have checked every menu and sub-menu on mine and there are no SIG adjustments. I also did a brief search on-line for a different version of the service manual but came up empty. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 959
Yes gentlemen, I think we're making a little progress here. My 50V500A was manufactured Sept '03 as well. There was much discussion about what the "A" means a couple of years ago on this thread. William is yours an "A" model too?

In any case, here's my first page, which is the same as Williams:

Upload

Sorry about the quality....I need to update my ancient camera. By the way, I just took this today. I did a FACT RESET last week which resets the bulb time. It should read about 950Hr. I also had to reset all my color settings.

Post Number: 10
Yes John. Mine is also an "A" model and was manufactured in December '03. Sounds like we may be getting somewhere?

Username: Macdawn2003

Charleston, Mo Usa

i have a 50v500a it also has a red tint it is about 14 months old called hitachi they are going 2 pay for it 2 get fixed called service center they said they got an email about this particular problem gonna come get my set and repair it there and bring it home. hope this works.

Colorado

In doing parts searches online I've come across several 50V500 model versions, although most people seem to have the 50V500 or 50V500A.

50V500 LCT 50 INCH LCD PTV CLU-5729TSI 2003 LC-37
50V500A LCT 50 INCH LCD PTV CLU-5729TSI 2003 LC-37E
50V500E LCT 50 INCH LCD PTV CLU-5729TSI 2005 LC37G
50V500G LCT 50 INCH LCD PTV CLU-5729TSI 2004 LC-37M

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 963
Wow Dave, I've followed this thread from the beginning and I don't recall any reference to the "E" or "G" models.

I'm sure somebody deep in the bowels of Hitachi knows what's up with the "LC-37" variations.

Wendy: Congratulations.

macky: Good luck.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 964
Oh yeah Lin,
You might try a FACT RESET. This is at the bottom of the service menu's first page.

Colorado

John - I haven't seen any owner refer to having an "E" or "G" model either, although these designators do show up in parts lists.

I would guess by mid-2004 new buyers were going with the later version 50V710 and likewise the 50V720 in 2005.

Username: Swannl11

Summerville, SC USA

Hi John - tried the fact reset...no help.Serv tech is to come out tomorrow. They said they would come out under the same work order since the Light Eng was replaced 3 weeks ago. Hopefully this won't cost me any more $$$$ Lin

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 965
Lin, watch the tech like a hawk if you can, and let us know what he does. Good luck.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 966

Dave, there was also the Hitachi 50VX500 produced at the time.

I gather this model was produced for specialty shops in limited quantity.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I gave up on trying to make the adjustments and since I have to get the LE replaced anyway I called a technician to come out. I called and got the "authorized" service center in my area, called them and they said I would have to take the TV to them which I am not willing to do. So I called Sears and they came out and confirmed the bad LE. My mistake. When I called Hitachi, after the first "no your TV is too old" they agreed to replace the part if I paid for the labor but it had to be done by one of the "authorized service centers."

Sears charged $100 to come out and if they were going to do the replacement it would only have cost me another $100. But since they aren't on the list, I'll have to pay $350 for a shop that is 50 miles away to come out and do the work. Live and learn I guess. I should have called Hitachi first.

At least the shop doesn't have to come out to look at the TV first. The part has been ordered and they will be putting it in next Thursday.

Has anyone out there been successful at getting Hitachi to OK a repair shop that's not on the "authorized" list? Just wondering if it's worth tryng to fight it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
The technician came out yesterday and replaced the light engine and no color adjustments were needed. I now have the excellent picture I had when I bought the set. In fact, it may even be a little better!

Thanks for all of the advice and help from everyone!

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 976
William,
Congrats my friend!

Upload

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 977
Oh, by the way, did the tech have any idea about the service menu variances we have seen?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks John. Unfortunately this tech new very little about the service menu. In fact, he had trouble getting it to come up. He was very good at putting in the light engine as he completed it in about 1 1/2 hours with no problems but about all he could do with the service menu was reset the hours on the LE. i asked him about the codes and he looked at me like I had three heads so, unfortunately I have nothing to pass along.

Thanks again for all the help! I'm glad I found this board!

Bronze Member

PA USA

Post Number: 18
Well happy to see everyone still posting, I bit the bullet and bought a 55hds52 at circuit city today, wall mount install scheduled for thurs. I am going to pass the 50/500 along to my daughter, with a new light engine compliments of hitachi and a new lamp it has been 100% since the fix a few months back, I will post my in home impressions of the 55" plasma after the install, best of luck all!! oh circuit city has it marked down to 3195, not bad for a 55" plasma

Username: Joann

Pflugerville, Tx Travis

We have had the 50v500 for only 3 yrs and now the light engine goes out our ..tv repair guy was told my the manufacture that on these tv's the light engine had been modified.. our repair guy has seen 3 instances with this tv.. I called Hitachi and spoke with cust .serv. mgr Vince id# 7902 and he said he has not been told of a recall or modification for the light engine on this model.. after 3 yrs we were not expected to spend money on the Tv for a repair... He could not do anything to compensate me ...

Username: Joann

Pflugerville, Tx Travis

We have had the 50v500 for only 3 yrs and now the light engine goes out our ..tv repair guy was told my the manufacture that on these tv's the light engine had been modified.. our repair guy has seen 3 instances with this tv.. I called Hitachi and spoke with cust .serv. mgr Vince id# 7902 and he said he has not been told of a recall or modification for the light engine on this model.. after 3 yrs we were not expected to spend money on the Tv for a repair... He could not do anything to compensate me ...

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITHIN 2 - 3YRS....

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 997
Joann, please move up this thread to February 2006 and do some reading down through the thread. I think you'll find you need to be more persistant with Hitachi on this light engine problem. Good luck.

Username: Vicki_w

Springville, CA USA

I was so disapointed when our Hitachi 50V500A TV picture had the "Red Cloud" but relieved to discover that my TV wasn't the only one with this problem. I feel very fortunate to have found this site. If it wasn't for all of the advice on this site, I would have never made it pass the customer service dept at Hitachi. After the Customer service said "Sorry your TV is out of warranty, there is nothing we can do. You sould have bought the extended warranty" I would have probably given up there. But thanks to all the advice from all of you, I stuck to my guns and followed your directions. I couldn't believe it. It worked. When I asked the customer service guy to speak to customer relations, his voice seemed to change a bit. He tried different statics like - "I'll have them call you back" and I said "No..that's ok.. I don't want to play that game, I'll hold...just please connect me to them."and sure enough I held ..and held...but finally I got through to customer relations. And of course then she tried playing the same game...repeated all the same things as the customer service guy...and then finally said "Ok..Mam--this is a one time offer, Hitachi will pay for the labor. I said " No.. thanks.. how about Hitachi pays for the part and I'll pay for the labor." and she says " Well...Mam do you realise that alot of the times the labor costs more than the part." and I said "Well then...you guys will be coming out ahead then ..wont ya!" She sighed...and said "OK ..Hitachi will pay for the part". Yeah!!!!!!!! They sent a authorization to our local TV repair guy. He ordered the part. Picked up our TV. Replaced the light engine. Delivered it back to us. And it works great!!! What a difference! Great color!
No more Red Cloud!! And it all happened within a week of finding this site. Thanks again to all of you.
Sincerely,
Vicki W.

Nevada

I first posted to this site in early May after having the light engine replaced on a Hitachi 50V500 at no charge for the part (we paid labor). The set was over 2 1/2 years old at that time and well out of warranty. Less than 90 days after having the LE replaced, it failed again. Another call to Hitachi and they told me the replacement part was covered by warranty for 90 days. Called their factory authorized dealer who replaced the first LE and told them of the problem. Their labor was also covered for 90 days so they would replace the part at N/C to me. Called Hitachi again to have them fax the go ahead on the N/C part replacement and this time they told me they had misspoken. Now the part was only covered for 30 days. However, in the same breath they said that didn't matter because regardless, they would pay to have the part replaced again. They faxed the local repair shop later that day, who then called and arranged for pick up of the TV. Just got the TV back and once again it looks great. But I will check the screen daily within the first 30 days because I do not know what Hitachi will say if I have to call and ask for a third LE. Sure hope this one does the trick...permanently! So don't ever give up on those calls to Hitachi. Obviously they are very well aware that they have a major problem with this LE.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1056
Thanks, Peggy. You bring up an interesting point regarding these repair issues. In our excitement in getting the TV working again---plus, lightning never strikes the same place twice does it?---we neglect asking what warranty is on the repair. It's a reasonable question to ask about any repair to anything, not just TVs. Obviously if you can get it in writing you're better off.

Anyway, congratulations.

Username: Cshilt

Thanks to everyone who has posted regarding the (adding words here to help with others searching for this issue) red / purple / pink / blue blob / streak phenomenon on their Hitachi Ultravision 50V500. I also tried customer service, but they were unwilling to help since the TV is now 2 1/2 years old, but customer relations stepped up to bat without too much of a fight. Just mention the 1000's of posts about this issue and talk about the apparent manufacturering defect in the original light engine. They agreed to cover the cost of labor for me, which I can live with since a replacement part is available for about $289.

The replacement light engine is UX22201 / UX22201D / UX22201DR and is available from Vance Baldwin Electronics online: https://www.vancebaldwin.com/webwiz/wwiz.asp?wwizmstr=WEB.SEE&partnumber=5616157

The new part is $1200, but you can get a repaired part for $289.

Good luck to all.

Username: Angelramos

Wow, I have learned a great deal from this post. I have some questions:

Is there a setting that turns off the TV (50V500)power button on the TV? The only way I can turn my TV on and off is by the remote.

I'm in the military and went home on R&R and I have the red blob all over my LCD. Looks like I will fight Hitachi for LE. The sad thing is my TV was bought in Jan 2004 and I have less then 3000 hrs on it. I also had the extended warranty, but Hitachi advised me to cancel it since I was moving overseas to Germany by the military.

Has anyone had success in getting this done while stationed in Germany?

Angel

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1062
Is there a setting that turns off the TV (50V500)power button on the TV?

Not that I know of. If your power button is out, then that makes it very difficult to access the service menu.

Has anyone had success in getting this done while stationed in Germany?

Not that I know of. The question is whether Hitachi has any marketing/service presence in Germany. I don't know, but I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Can you watch German television on the Hitachi?

Nevada

Another update regarding the 2nd N/C replacement of a LE on my soon to be 3 year old Hitachi 50V500. I got the TV back last Monday after the repair was done at no charge to us for either parts or labor. Then 4 days later I actually got a call from Hitachi Customer Relations. They wanted to confirm that I had received my TV back and that I had been satisfied with Hitachi's service regarding the second LE replacement. Of course I was, since both Hitachi and the authorized service center charged me nothing and handled things quickly without any argument. But I told him I was rather nervous about how long the new LE was going to last, since the first replacement didn't even last 90 days. He told me to monitor the screen carefully for the next 30 days and call Hitachi Customer Relations at the very first sign of any problems. He said that Hitachi wanted to "stay in the loop" on this and that they had everything documented in their files and that they wanted to be sure I was happy. I don't think I quite knew what to say to the man. I think he caught me off guard. Anyway, he of course hopes that my problems have been permanently resolved, but just in case they aren't, I am not to hesitate to call Hitachi again. I am not sure what to make of this but perhaps Hitachi is finally working on accepting responsibility for this faulty part. But then again, I am probably being overly optimistic, although Hitachi certainly has treated me fairly up until this point. If anything else happens, I will post again. But the bottom line is, don't hesitate to work with Hitachi. Every time I speak with them, things seem to get just a little easier.

Username: Manipon

Working on my second red cloud. This will be my second light engine replacement. I have the extended warranty until 12/08 so I am covered. I am going to call Hitachi anyways and tell them what I think. At this rate, I will have to have the LE replaced 2 more times. I did notice that when Sears replaced the first LE, Hitachi sent a refurbished unit.

Username: Angelramos

Update: I called the Hitachi Customer Relation Rep (Kevin Talley (1-800-654-7013)and he acknowledges that the LE on the 50V500 is indeed bad. He had no problems getting Hitachi to fix my set (bought Jan 2004), but the problem is I am in the military and stationed over seas. I'm trying to work out a plan with them to have it fix over here, but will have an uphill fight. I need to know what is the actual part need to repair this myself. Do I need to replace the LC37 Drive PWB Asy ($232) or the optical Engine Asy (cheapest one is $487 - UX22201DR)?

Bronze Member
Username: Kabasa

Post Number: 14
i contacted hitachi with my problem with the red blob they are covering parts that cost 1456 dollars i have to pay 250 labor hitachi knows of this light engine problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us