Magnavox TV help

Username: Lisa82

Post Number: 1
I have a 32" Magnavox model number MS3250C121 about a month ago when we turned it off then turned it back on the picture wouldn't come back. The sound was fine. After a while of being left on the picture came back it was in the center of the tv all wavy with white lines at first then it went back to normal after a few minutes. The next time we turned it off it did the same thing. So we decided to leave it on. About a week ago the side of the screen would sort of wave a bit but then go back to normal hardly noticable. A few days ago it turned its self off. The power light comes on but the picture will not come back. And if we leave it on it turns its self off. Any ideas what it might be and how to fix it? Thanks.

Username: Rms

I have a Magnavox TV (sorry, don't know the model#) that a friend just gave us. Picture's great, I just can't get the remote to work from a distance farther than 2 feet away from the set. It's not the remote, as I've tried three different ones.
Is there something I can do to increase the tv's infra-red range?

Username: Cdarling1

Houston, TX USA

I Have a magnavox #MS3250C121 Color TV, I turn it on and it starts to come on then goes off, the power light stays light.
I keep turning it on for about 20 to 30 times then it stays on. Can you help with this problem

Username: Lwed

I purchased a used Magnavox TV Model TP2792 B103. It doesn't have a manual. The problem is the previous owner changed the channel display. For example, he changed things from CBS to SNOT, etc., & he fogot how he did it. How can I get my TV to show the proper station display? The channel numbers are okay, but they don't match the right stations. Thanks for any help.

Username: Lwed

Post Number: 2
I purchased a used Magnavox TV Model TP2792 B103. It doesn't have a manual. The problem is the previous owner changed the channel display. For example, he changed things from CBS to SNOT, etc., & he forgot how he did it. How can I get my TV to show the proper station display? The channel numbers are okay, but they don't match the right stations. Thanks for any help.

Unregistered guest
At the end of a movie I went to change the channel and the tv went into "demo mode".

A self-promoting advertisement for the tv scrolls over and over. The television displays what is in the ad (eg. the caption comes on when they talk about caption and the sleep timer is demonstrated). The sound and picture quality are fine, but I can't watch real tv because the set won't respond to the remote or manual stimulation.

Unregistered guest
my magnavox also went into demo mode. How in the world can I get it to go away?

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Magnavox television (I don't know which model). I have had it for a few years and enjoyed it very much. All of a sudden something happened with the color of the picture. It seems to have mixed colors of green, yellow, green, etc. all over the place. I tried fixing the tint but nothing helped. Please e-mail me at JerseyNets144@netscape.net if you can help me in any way. Thanks

Anonymous

my magnavox also went into demo mode. How can I get it to go away?

Unregistered guest
i have a magnavox big screen and the picture is real cloudy! what can i do to fix this???

bouncer
Unregistered guest
I have a 46" Magnavox approx 8 years old. 2 of the 3 projection lens are not working. Is this worth repairing or should I just buy a new one? What would be a estimate of what this could cost?
Thanks

sexy lady
Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 magnavox (FP5230 W105 model). I have my dvd player connected to my tv. But when I try to watch a movie I do not get a picture. I can here it but I can not see it. I thought it might be the dvd player but I tried it on another tv and it worked fine. Any suggestions as to what is causing this problem?

macca
Unregistered guest
We have an older 25-inch Magnavox TV (Model #13PR12 C121). We've never had any trouble with it until today. It just went off and we can't get it to come back on! I've tried using the remote, manually turning it on and even unplugged it briefly (one of the troubleshooting tips in the manual) and then tried again. Any ideas?

macca
Unregistered guest
We have an older 25-inch Magnavox TV (Model #13PR12 C121). We've never had any trouble with it until today. It just went off and we can't get it to come back on! I've tried using the remote, manually turning it on and even unplugged it briefly (one of the troubleshooting tips in the manual) and then tried again. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
i have a color magnavox tv, its about 10-30 years old, i was watching it last week and when i was about to go to sleep, i try to turn it off, at first it buzz a little bit then d picture came on again, so i try a couple of times. then i decided to take the plug out of the elctrical plug in, when i plug it back in, it wont turn on at all. please help me, andy_who_08@yahoo.com

Username: Jcollins

Locust Grove, Arkansas USA

I have a 60" magnavox projection tv can't seam to adjust color has blue and red radiating out from words and pictures have tried adjusting convergence helps but does not solve problem

Username: Charlesandwanda

We have a Magnavox RS2745-C206 chasis# 27S101-00FF. All of a sudden, the tv will not turn off - we have to unplug it and when you plug it back in, it comes on but you have to press the on/off button in order to change the channel or anything.

I noticed that on a few posts - someone said something about demo mode. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: The_nerdly_guy

Post Number: 30
I found this at TechLore, maybe it'll solve your Magnavox demo mode problems:

"Ask The Experts: How To Disable Demo Mode on a Magnavox TV"

Username: Charlesandwanda

Nerdly Guy - thanks for the information. We have tried to do that hold the vol+/- button down and it goes all the way through the countdown but - it still will not turn off. We e-mailed Magnavox directly, they gave us a phone number to call. We will post the results for anyone else that is having the same problem.

Unregistered guest
I have a 24 inch Magnavox tv/vcr/dvd combo that is 2 months old. MWC24T5 My problem is when I rewind a VCR tape, the tv shuts off. I turn it back on and it ejects the tape. Very annoying. I hope someone here can tell me something very easy I need to do to stop it. Could you please reply via email? Thanks a bunch! RockAnnK@aol.com

Anonymous

I have a magnavox 15 inch LCD tv model #15mf050v/17 for almost a year. My problem is is will not turn on either by the remote or manually. On the tv a red light flashes(led). Could you reply via email? thank you!mjablonski@ne.rr.com

Unregistered guest
I have a 27" Magnavox TV that turns itself back on!

It stays off anywhere from 1 minute to five minutes and comes back on!

If you can help I'd appreciate it.

Anonymous

We got a Magnavox 27" TV, Model #27MT3305/17, and it is turning on by itself. We called Magnavox and the CSR joked that the TV "was lonely" and "crying out for attention" (REALLY) but offered not fix other than to take it for service. Luckly it is still under warranty.
Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions on a fix before we have it serviced?

Username: Estrada

I have had a Magnovox tv for several years but went in Demo Mode and I amunable to do anything with it. Any help

Anonymous

My television went on Demo Mode dont know how to take it off. Can anyone help

Unregistered guest
I am having same problem as below post. Any ideas ?

We got a Magnavox 27" TV, Model #27MT3305/17, and it is turning on by itself. We called Magnavox and the CSR joked that the TV "was lonely" and "crying out for attention" (REALLY) but offered not fix other than to take it for service. Luckly it is still under warranty.
Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions on a fix before we have it serviced?

Username: Estrada

My tv is showing a black box in the middle of the tv there is sound dont know how to take off the black box dont have the manual

Anonymous

I have a Magnavox TV given to me from Mother and suddenly things went haywire. I am using a Universal remote and suddenly it is asking for a PC Code. I am locked out of many channels. Can you possibly help me.

Me too
Unregistered guest
Also have a Magnavox, Model #27MT3305 which turns on by itself.

Albert Nance
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox 46ish inch screen. Model FD4625 W103 made in aug. 95. The picture goes from color to black and white and back again. What could be the problem?

Username: Davadd0809

I just purchased a 27" Magnavox Model #27MT3305/17 and ever time I turn it off using the remote control it automatically comes back on in 2 - 3 minutes. If I turn it off from the tv set it doesn't turn back on. This model does not have an auto-on/wake feature so I don't know why or how it turns it self back on. is this a defect or possible issue with the power surge strip that it's plugged into? I have a clock, lamp, and dvd player plugged into the same strip and have no issues with any of them; just the tv. I bought it from best buy and thought I would post this before returning the tv.

TV Problem
Unregistered guest
Same problem here with 27" Magnavox Model #27MT3305/17

Turn it off and in a few minutes it turns itself back on. Anybody have suggestion?

Richard Groves
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox 27MC4304 TV/VCR/DVD combo. Got it from Home Depot earlier this year. My huge problem with this unit is that it wont play any DVD's! It says the disk is not in the right format to play back...and it says this no matter what disk I put in there (region 1, 2 or region free or a music CD). Was unable to return it to the Home Depot as I had it too long which I think was BS, but there you go and haven't been able to find a solution for this yet. Any ideas from anyone?

Unregistered guest
I bought a used Magnavox 25" tv that works great except EVERY time we turn it on it takes about 5 minutes for the picture to show up. The sound is fine but the screen stays black or snowy for about 5 min. and then just suddenly pops on normally! It's as if the tv had to warm up every time you turn it on! I have no idea why???

Sinbad
Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox lcd tv with dvd player built in to the side. After being on for a few minutes, an area appears asking for a password. No matter what I put in that box, it doesn't work. I tried shutting it off in the menu under clear but that is useless. Anyone have any ideas?

Username: Davadd0809

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=555539#POST555539

hand some
Unregistered guest
i have maganovex tv but my kid block some chanel.can you help me unlock. thank you so much

Anonymous

i have a magnavox 29inch tv and the colour is now a green tint over all the channels any help please the picture is unbearable

Unregistered guest
Have a Magnavox 32 inch. Has worked great. Get a picture but no sound. When the DVD-surround sound is on and a movie is playing it works, but to watch cable, no sound. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I Have a Magnavox TS3562 C101. its has been showing up white lines every once and a blue moon. but the other day when i went to turn it on and it seems like its going to turn on at first but then it just doesnt want to turn on. im not sure whats going on with it. i wanted to see if its just some simple part to replace? any thoughts.

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox: 27MT3305/17 bought 2 weeks ago. For the past few days it keeps shutting itself off, every hour or so, in the beginning, and as the day progresses it does it every few minutes sometimes even seconds later after you turn it back on..

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2074
Return it and get a new one. Philips/Magnovox products are poor quality, buy a different brand.

Username: Buddyboy

Temecula, Ca Us

I purchased a Magnavox LCD flat screen (26MF605W/17) about a year ago. It has worked great until yesterday. Now it does not come on when I push the power button. The lights come on, but the screen doesn't come on. I tried unplugging for sevreral hours then plugging back in, but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have a big screen Magnavox. On most channels the sound is just static, but on two channels the sound works fine. Any ideas

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox television. I can turn it on and in about an hour I get this black square box in the middle of the picture and it has some type on code at the top. The only way to make this box go away is to turn off the television and turn it back on again or mess with the volume button. Does any one else have a problem like this or similar, if so what do you do?

Username: Arrowhed54

I have a magnavox 15 inch LCD tv model #15mf200v/37 and it will not turn on either by the remote or manually. I have checked the voltage at the on/off switch and there isn't any voltage but there is voltage to the main board. I measure 5V and 12V at different places. What could be wrong??

Unregistered guest
I have a similar issue as one posted earlier. I have a 27" Magnavox TV...and after trying to use a Universal remote, the picture blanked out and text states that "PC Code Required for Channel ____. How can I get my picture back?

Unregistered guest
I have two Magnavox 15MF050V/17 tv/monitors and each will power itself off after about a half hour of operation. I have contacted Magnavox about this and their only advise is to make certain that the power cord is plugged directly into an AC wall outlet and not into a power strip, UPS or extension cord, This all sounds sort of fishy to me. Anyone else having this problem? I am beginning to believe that Magnavox dumped a bunch of these units on an unsuspecting public and is hiding behind their pathetic 90 warranty.

Unregistered guest
I have a 15inch Magnavox LCD TV model #15MF050V/17
the remote that came with it works sporadically so I bought a universal remote to replace it and can't get it to work or 3 others I tried also (different brands of remotes) any body else having this problem?

Anonymous

I have had the same problem but with model #15MF400T/37 I tried four different remotes.

Unregistered guest
I have a Phillips Magnovox and the smartlock is on now. I do not know how it got on and do not know how to turn it off. Help.

Username: Archietpal

Seattle, WA USA

I also having problem with my Magnavox 15mf050v/17 LCD TV, it turn off by itself after 30minutes & if you turn it on after, it turn off after maybe 5-10 minutes.

Username: Perryshaw

I also own a magnavox 15mf050v/17 LCD TV. At first I tried using it as a monitor, but the screen would turn itself off after 20 minutes, then when I turned it back on, it would last 10 minutes before turning off, then only 4-5 minutes. I thought that maybe I had not configured it properly to work with my computer, so I tried using it as just a TV. I had the same problem. If I don't use it for an three hours, then I can get a good 15 minutes of tv watching before it turns off, then 8 min, then only 4 minutes -- until off course I let i rest for three hours. This was my first foray into LCD, and I have to say I'm very dissappointed with Magnavox for selling such an obviously deficient product. Unfortunately for me, I was naive enough to believe that the 'turning-off' was my fault at first (as I mentioned, this was my first LCD TV experience, and I thought I was setting it up properly), by the time I realized the TV itself was to blame the 90-day warranty had expired. The people at Magnavox were not helpful at all.

Username: Thomas_f

Santa Fe, NM USA

MAGNIVOX GONE DARK! I have a new flat screen Magnivox. It's connected to a Comcast cable outlet. Two days ago there appeared a large dark shaded box covering most of the picture screen. The wierd thing is that it's only on certain channels including CNN. No matter what I do with the TV or the remote, it doesn't go away. The user manual is of no help. There is also some kind of indistinguishable icon in the upper right corner of the screen with an X through it, which may have something to do with the problem. Is this some kind of parental control?? Please help us clear up the screen. Thank you.

Username: Magamadness

La , Ca Ua

Same probelm with my Magnavox.. but it turns off.. just when I turn it on, it will stay on for maybe 10 seconds then flashes off . I have to change it on/off several times before i can get it to stay ON to watch. HELP! seems like this is a problem for a few of us
Magnavox 27MT3305/17

Username: Siouxcity1sueyahoocom

Have large console Model RK6020 Ak02 purchased in '91. Try to turn on and goes "psst" but never comes on.

Username: Nec602004

Orlando, Fl Us

I have magnavox tv model 27ms343s no remote and I have the parental control lock is on and i dont know how to turner the tv on

Username: Siouxcity1sueyahoocom

Asked question June 22, 2006, but have not received a response. Where do I go for answer to my question? Did receive an e-mail today with Victor Anduja's question. I miss my tv. Thanks.

Username: Williamhannon

I have a Magnavox MS3250C121 that is acting similar to the 1st and 3rd postings on this page, when the reciever is turned on it displays a box in the left top corner indicating the channel in a raster background, then it shuts off, shows nothing on the screen while the red "on" light stays on. I don't suspect a reset because nothing would come on, but will check when the set cools down. Is it posible the guns are not getting the signal they need? Seeing the postings above gives me hope there may be a fix. HELP. Thanks, Bill.

Username: Sjw3sabrinahotmailcom

Martinez, Georgia United States

I have a Philips television when I plug it in power on the red light blinks but no picture appears, the blinking continues with a powering on sound but still no pic. Please Advise.
Model Numbers appearing on unit CD-RW462 DPTV33OF unsure of appropriate one and also 46PP930217F I contacted Philips no help just advised to call a tech.

Username: Burnt_rock_barn_bargains

Cape Vincent, New York USA

I have a Philips Magnavox Color TV w/built in VCR, Model#CCZ252AT31. It was a donation to repair, They had cut the cord on it. I replaced the cord. It also had no remote. I turned it on and it works great, the VCR plays crisp and the input device accepts my DVD player. The volume works and the channels is the only problem.
I even got the correct code on the universal remote.
The channel changes up and down only to channel 1 and A/V IN, using both the remote and channel buttons on the TV itself....Help???? I have no manual and at wits's end, what can I do to fix it?....no external resets or setups on outside, its a great TV just needs that one problem to be a great tv.....I hate to trash it, I love to recycle and use it or donate...Your help is greatly needed and appreciated.

Username: North_carolina

There is a smartlock code on my Magnavox television, that I did not create. I do not know the access code. Does anyone know how to help??

Username: Rkhayles

I had the same problem as jamma and jessica - a black square box in the middle of the screen would come on, with )W at the top. The only way to make this box go away is to turn off the television and turn it back on again or mess with the volume button.

After looking at the menu, I discovered that the Caption was turned on to "TEXT 1". I turned the captions off, and no more problems!

Good luck - hope this works for you!

Username: Tlcflorida2005

I have a problem with my Phillips Magnavox TV, 27". And please email me with any solution to tlcflorida2005@yahoo.com It keeps turning off, a red light on the on/off button is blinking like some sort of timer is on. When I did get it to stay on, the menu did not show any type of timer settings and the sleep timer is not on. I tried holding the vol+ and vol - buttons down at the same time, but that doesn't do anything. Sometimes it stays on for about an hour but then when it turns off, it won't come back on. It mainly also freaks out when you try to do anything with the picture in picture feature (which I now steer clear of). This tv is about 5-7 years old. Any suggestions? I have even unplugged it for several days to see if it would "reset" itself, that didnt' work. It did this once before and now I can't remember how I fixed it. Help! Thanks in advance.

Username: Royal82

Hello:
I want the electric diagram of philips TV model MR1432 C121 serial 35142312.Please send me to email roicxy@walla.com.
thank.

Username: Adela

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 4
Hello, I have a Magnavox TV set for sometime, standard size, Model #RG4252AK02 plus a separate nameless label, number 3817U121B.

PROBLEM: Sudenly today picture disappeared leaving a totally black screen, showing only a vertical multicolor line in the midle about one inch wide. Audio ok though. I have cable.

Do you think this can be cured by me by changing some buttons around or something???

Thank you very much for any suggestions! Adela

Username: Wxyz

I have a Magnavox model #CCZ252At 31 after copying a tape from another vcr to the built in vcr I had a tough time ejecting the tape ,I finally was able to get it out but when attempting to enter another tape it would not allow it and as a result of this my Tv will automatically shut off after 10 seconds. Does anyone know if this is serious or should throw it out

La , Ca Ua

SO frustrated I have emailed Magnavox and asked them to address us all.
Please Email them with your concerns.
IT is rediculous we are all having the same problem. They need to be held accountable.

CONTACT SUPPORT
Our website offers a wealth of product documentation and answers to many Frequently Asked Questions. After reviewing our Product Support section of this site, if you still need assistance with your in-warranty product please contact our Magnavox Contact Center at:

Telephone Magnavox
1-800-705-2000

Hours of Operation

Monday - Saturday 7:00 am EST - 11:00 pm EST

Sunday 8:00 am EST - 11:00 pm EST

365 days a year, excluding holidays

If you have general questions about Magnavox or Magnavox products, you may contact Magnavox using the following methods:
NOTE: For a free referral to a Service Repair shop for out of warranty service, please include your model number and zip code.

http://www.usasupport.magnavox.com/casesubmitbridge.html?ProductCode=null

Username: Dsmith23

I have a Magnavox 15" lcd. I've had it for awhile made sure it worked when I bought it, But have not used it. Now that i'm ready to use it the power will not come on the light just flashes red. The green light on the power supply/cord flashes green when plugged into the tv. If I unplug the power from the back of the tv the light on the power supply/cord will stay green as I believe it should. Any help would be appriciated. Thank-You! dsaunders23@hotmail.com

La , Ca Ua

Post Number: 3
all Magnavox TV owners please lodge a complaint on their website..
http://www.magnavox.com/
It's rediculous that we are all having the same shut-off problems with the televisions

Username: Warnetta23

I have a 19" magnavox tv and it is on av mode how do i get it out of that mode and back on tv mode and how can i progam the channel with use the auto thing to that for me b/c i uess mine it not working or something i have tryed everything to fix nothing will work plz help me..

Username: Youngblood29

I have a Magnavox Model # 27MT3305/17 and I can't find the captions prompt in the menu. I am using a RCA Universal remote if that makes a difference. Any help is very much appreciated.

Username: Roybus14

Maryland USA

I am new to the forum and I have a 32 Magnavox T.V. (not sure of model but will check) that my 2 year-old son kept pushing the on/off switch constantly. It started shutting off and then back on intermittenly and now it won't come on at all. I know his pushing the on/off switch constantly has caused a failure with the on/off function but I am not sure what exactly. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it before I go cracking it open. Thanks in advance for your help.

Username: Madamsmartypants

I have Magnavox TV model 27ms343s. My granddaughter activated the parental lock and doesn't know how she did it. I don't have the book. The universal remote will turn the tv on, but the remote has to be reprogrammed to the tv everytime it is turned on. Because I don't know how to access the parental lock, all of the buttons on the tv set won't work. Is there a way to reset the parental lock to default, or just to get the tv buttons to work? Thanks in advance.

Username: Custom912003

Hello, I have a 1990 model year, 42 inch, rear projection screen magnavox tv. When I plug it in after it has sat for more than a few minutes it makes popping noises through the speakers and the tv will not respond to any of its buttons. After 2-6 hours this will stop and everything works fine. However last time this happened it would not stop popping. Even after being plugged in for over 24 hours. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this. Please e-mail me...sfritts@excite.com. Thanx for your help.

Username: Omni555

I have a Magnavox 27" standard TV that is about 5 or 6 years old. I previously had it connected to a cable box via coax, and the signal came in on channel 3. When the TV was turned on, it would open up to channel 3 automatically. After a short time (about 30 seconds to 1 minute) the screen would blink briefly, the word "stereo" would flash on the screen, and the sound would change slightly.

This was no problem until I got a DVR box and set it up to feed into the Front Audio/Video Input of the TV. When I turn the set on, it defaults to channel 3. I have to manually select "Input Source" from the remote to change it to the FA/VI.

This is a bit of a problem, since I would like the set to turn on already in FA/VI mode.

The problem goes a little deeper tho... After I change the Input selection to FA/VI, it changes BACK to channel 3 after about 30 seconds to 1 minute - the same amount of time taken for it to do the "stereo" thing if I DIDN'T change the channel.

I KNOW that there's a way to get the set to turn on to the channel/input source you WANT and for it to STAY there (I have done it, but years ago and I no longer have the manual...).

If anyone has the solution to this (and I think that it is a SIMPLE solution!!!) PLEASE post it or e-mail me at 0mni_555@hotmail.com !!!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Username: Klamerg

Hudsonville, Michigan

The factory set smart control code is not accepted by my magnavox tv. I unplugged the tv to hopefully reset but it still says the factory code is incorrect. No movies with a pg or higher rating is allowed per factory settings. Any suggestions?

Username: Smartlock_code

The default smart code for my magnavox tv .(which i got used and did not know the code and had no manuel had to find it online at a radio shack manuel) is 0711. You have to enter it everytime you turn it back on to watch blocked channels and will stay unlocked til you turn it off.

An update to the previous post about smartlock code.

I had to use the origianl remote cause my satellite remote did not work.

Username: Klamerg

Hudsonville, Michigan

Thank-you for your response,
I used the original remote and the factory 0711 code and still get incorrect as the response. The irony is that it only blocks the 5 new shotime movie channels I'm getting from cable. All other channels are fine along with all PPV movies and even the shotime PPV movies. It's as if the 5 cable movie channels are the only channels in all of cable that are sending a movie rating signal to my television. Diagnoses alone is $40. I just want to know how to deactivate smartlock completely. Is there a way?

Post Number: 4
Not that i am aware of w/o the code that was input.

Username: Ikckas4dalrd

I was wondering if anyone new how to get the adjuster screens for my 46" Magnavox model FP4640 W104. My Grandfather gave it to me and said he lost the screen. I have tried to find one online but am falling short. If anyone has any info please send it to ringkm@hotmail.com . Thanks!

Username: Sjasper

i have a 1995 magnavox tv 27 in screen, i think. model number t??????.
i turned it on today and i have sound but a black screen. a channel number displays when i switch channels. menu mode displays on screen when activated also. i hooked up dvd via red, white, yellow connectors and got both audio and video. any hints on whats wrong and how i get it to show picture in tv mode?

s jasper

Silver Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 129
Steve,

In 'tv mode', is your signal through coax cable, antenna, or another input? The rca-type (composite, yellow/red/white) connections on the back sound like they're working like they should, but just wondering by what method you're getting your signal in tv mode.

Username: Vss444

LG, Oregon US

I have a Magnovox (don't remember the model) and the picture is all squished...i don't know how to describe the picture except squished...is there an option on the tv that will make it return to the normal picture? any help would be great, thanks

Username: Drewp

I continue to have exactly the same problem as Perry Shah on his earlier post. I have a Magnavox 15" consistantly turns off after 10 minutes and the time continues to sshorten unless it is turned off for a long period. Im very dissapointed that so many people are having the same problems with theyre products, this problem must be looked into.

Username: Mtj955

Columbus, Georgia United States

I have a Magnavox model# 27MS345S with picture and no sound. Trying to get it fixed but can't find a schematic for this model. Can someone give me some feedback on this.
Thank you}}

Username: Kurk2

Drummond Island, Michigan United States

I have a 24"/DVD/VCR combo. The model number is MWC24T5. I turn on the tv and it shuts off within 10 to 20 seconds. Sometimes it stays on for 10 minutes then shuts off. Could you help me.

Username: Jdighero

I have a magnavox model 20ms2331/17 when i turn it on the sound comes on and 3 0r 4 seconds later there is a flash and it turns off. any advise?

Username: Wm_kirk

Chapel Hill, NC

This will sound familiar to some of you--my 15" Magnavox LCD tv (model 15MF050V/17) stays on for 10 min. then begins to shut off at increasingly shorter time intervals. After an hour it's turning itself off (with an audible pop) every 2 or 3 minutes.

I bought the thing at Home Depot (Durham, NC) on 11-26-04 as an Xmas present for my wife. That means I paid $300 for a tv that has lasted 2 & a half years. One peculiarity I noticed when setting it up was that the box did not contain the cable needed to connect the tv to the wall jack for cable service. Luckily, I had an extra one lying about.

I tend to agree with an earlier writer, who suggested that Magnavox found it had a bunch of defective sets on their hands & decided to palm them off on an unsuspecting public through a more-or-less reputable source, Home Depot. Now that you & I think about it Home Depot doesn't really sell televisions as a regular product, nor do they usually sell home entertainment electronics on a daily basis. This, in retrospect, seems to have been a one-shot deal. I should have been suspicious.

Username: Fedupwmagnavox

Purchased a Magnavox MWC24T5 (TV,VCR,DVD combo)June 2006 which was manufactured in April 2006 as per the sticker & starting in January 2007 the set started shutting off after 10 minutes of viewing became progressively worst by May 2007, called Funai Corp who handles warranty,was told only parts covered,and to take tv to the next town over for repairs. The TV was finally ready August 2, 2007 having spent an incredible 2 months in the shop & costing $96. to repair! This Magnavox has become an expensive TV to own. Time will tell if the repair holds up, according to the repairman, there was a bad "flyback" to blame for the problem. I'll be contacting Magnavox to voice complaint for this costly lemon. I will never buy another Magnaovox! Shame on them for ripping off consumers, for this is not a new problem and I can now see that I'm not the only one with a dud!

Username: Hnchnc

I have a 37 inch Magnavox LCD. The video shut off itself from time to time. It is like a big problem of Magnavox. Can we join together to sue Magnavox?

Username: Tymaemja

We have an older Magnavox TV (1986). Works good-ever repaired. Model # RG4550 AK01 Is it possible to view pictures from our laptop computer on our TV screen? What cables are needed, and what gets attached to what? Any advice is appreciated.

Username: Aelmquist

I have an old Magnavox 27" TV (1985 Model#RF4950PE01).

Whenever I hit the power switch to turn off the TV, the TV will not turn off completely.

How can I reset the power switch?

Username: Charoe

I have a 1990 magnavox modle#RL8510 AK05 that was giving to me. It wont program any channels. when i hook up my cable to it nothing happens. could any one please help me here.

Username: Scrooge

Sierra Vista, AZ USA

I have a magnavox, model # 51MP392H/17. The problem I am having is with the picture and the repair man didn't have a service manual to fix it. The picture is bowed out, with the middle fine but the sides appearing compressed. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this? My email is aztitan3@aol.com

Username: Brendakimber

Sacramento, Ca USA

magnavox t.v. has writing on the tv screen. how do i get rid of it. please help

Username: Annoyed

I have a couple of the TV/DVD/VCR combos - and one is shutting off after about 30 secs. I tried to read all the postings to find an resolution to this problem, but I didn't find one. I called the Funai 800 service center, and after being on the phone for about 20 min holding, the person on the other end basically said that I can file a complaint and that is really it (since the warranty is expired by 1 month!!).

I plan to write a letter to the corporation, to let them know about this problem, and that I will certainly never buy a Magnavox product again. However, I did find out, that "Magnavox" brand is a registered trademark of Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. Therefore, I will also be sending the same letter to the Philips corporation at: Philips Electronics North America Corporation, 1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10020. I will also call them to let them know of this problem and how many of us are having this problem (212 536-0500).

I think if we all call the Funai service center 800-605-8610 and file a complaint about the TV's shutting off, and send a letter to the Funai Corporation in Torrance, and to the Philips corporation, maybe they will get the hint. I wonder, does this clasify as a class action law suit??? Does anyone know?

Let me know when you file the complaint - make sure you write down the time and date and number of the operator you are speaking with to be sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Imjross

NJ USA

Post Number: 14
brenda....up plug to reset....or may be in demo mode....owners manual to reset to normal
Help Me... Funai makes the Mag combo for Mag...but Mag warranties their own product..

Stay away from Funai.....they don't care
Call Mag customer service
Combo's have a 90 day labor 1 year parts warranty
tell them it was a xmas present.....12/20/07

Bronze Member

NJ USA

Post Number: 15
Daniel Spain
Problem is with tech not TV.
Bow is caused by convergence IC failure.
No big deal to a good factory tech.
Re-alignment is required after the part is installed. Thats where you find out if you found the right tech...

Bronze Member

NJ USA

Post Number: 16
helen crenshaw
18 years ago auto program was not used.
you had to enter each channel with the remote that came with the set....yeah right...

hook up the tv to a VCR. Lock tv on vcr channel and tune your channels using the VCR tuner.
The only thing you need to touch on the tv is volume....channels will be slected via the VCR...jr

Username: Hitman1415

I have a new <1 month old Magnavox 26" Digital LCD HDTV - 26MF337B that my GF bought me for Christmas. This Am when Iturned it on it was on for about 3 mins then the picture slowly went dark, so dark that it was totally black. I had sound but no picture, I trying turning it off and then back on and now it will only turn off or on my totally unpluging it. Still no picture and now no sound, when it is "on" the power button toggles back and forth from red and green.

The Magnavox Tech I spoke with tried a couple of different things before reffering me to a service center with an authorazation number. Problem is, is that the service center is 3 hours away and won't come out to me to fix it.

This TV was bought at Target with cash and my GF can't find the reciept for it.

Bronze Member

NJ USA

Post Number: 31
Bill Bates
Set IS under warranty.
Get a Letter (no easy task) from Philips
stating warranty IS in effect.
26 in sets are CARRY IN
You would bring unit to authorized Service Center
for a NO Charge repair.
You could also ship unit BUT
Have the letter 1st AND call the servicer to
make sure they are still doing Philips.
jr

Username: Hitman1415

j ross,

Thanks, when I talked to Magnavox they gave me an authorization number and told me to give it to the authorized service center and that would be all I need.

I haven't talked to anyone at the service center yet though. Do you think this information is correct?

Username: Brison

I also have a Magnavox 24" DVD Triple Combo MWC24T5. It also turns itself off. If you find a way to solve this problem, please respond here. It seems like it has something to do with the VCR part of the TV. It will say STOP, EJECT, STOP and then turn off. You can turn it back on & it will go off. BR

Username: Coastie911

ALAMEDA, CA USA

I have an old magnavox tv with a record player on the left side and the channel and volume knobs on the other. Does anyone now how much thie could be worth?

Username: Rickjensen

I have a Magnavox (Philips Magnavox TS27746101) that went into channel set-up mode after we watched a DVD and even though the on-screen instruction says to "push the CH UP key," pushing the channel "up" key on the TV set itself and the non-original remote has no effect.

Username: Rickjensen

It's fixed. Odd. I unplugged the TV and just let it sit for a day. Next day, I plugged it in and it works fine now. I wonder why.

Here is my original post and problem, which is not unlike others here:

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2008 - 07:22 am:
I have a Magnavox (Philips Magnavox TS27746101) that went into channel set-up mode after we watched a DVD and even though the on-screen instruction says to "push the CH UP key," pushing the channel "up" key on the TV set itself and the non-original remote has no effect.

Username: Jasonanderin

My wife and I purchased a Magnavox 24 inch DVD Triple Combo (MSD724G) from Sam's Club 9-21-06. Around December of '06 the system started to turn itself off after about 10 seconds. We first noticed it when we would put a VHS tape in. We took it back to Sam's and got a replacement TV. Fast forward to about a month ago and the same problem has crept up. The TV will not stay on for more than 10 seconds. It sounds as if something is moving/clicking in the VHS deck, and then it powers down.

Called the 1-800 number and got no where. He said that my 1 year warranty was up (by 40 days). He told me to look in the yellow pages for a repair shop and assured me that the parts they use are really cheap. That's what I wanted to hear... "Yeah, we use really cheap parts, so it shouldn't cost you much to repair..." The guy was no help at all. I vow to never purchase a Magnavox product again and hope that you do the same.

Username: Ready2rest

LaGrangeville, NY United States

I have a magnavox 42mf7010/17 It's only about 2 yrs old. It has a line down the side. Is this fixable, or a show stopper ? I'm so disappointed, we take really good care of it and 2 yrs isn't such a long time. Any suggestions ?

Username: Donnyj2

I have older Magnavox color tv, model #TL9119C, tv will not go past channel 13, dont have original remote, using a (all for one) universal remote but only on screen menu options are 1 closed caption 2 sleep timer and 3 exit. Please help, would like to watch more than 13 channels.

Username: Omni555

Check for a switch "Cable/Air" somewhere on the set - probably on the back near where the cable connects. On the "older" sets, you often had to flip a switch manually to let the tuner know you were trying to tune in cable channels. (I have an old Candle set like that.)

Username: Spats37

Unable to disable "closed caption" and I don't know how it got tuned on. The menu has no entry for turning CC off. I no longer have the original remote and there is no way to navigate the menu via the TV. Magnavox model number: 20MT series.
How do I disable CC?

Username: Madison1

Cincinnati, Ohio United States

I have Magnavox model TP2777 C103, it shows the channel number in the lower right corner how do i get it off, I have the original remote but no mannual How do do I disable this??

Username: Madison1

Cincinnati, Ohio United States

I have Magnavox model TP2777 C103, it shows the channel number in the lower right corner how do i get it off, I have the original remote but no mannual How do do I disable this??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us