CW 600 S is Dead !! Any HELP!!

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 486
I loaded a wrong bin in CW 600!! Wat shud i do now. All it shows is a semi colon in LED display screen of receiver!@! Tried Loading fctory bin and all kinds of stuff!! Any answers on wat to do!!

Bronze Member
Username: Space_invader

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 77
You will need to reset the receiver. Some receivers can be reset by pressing and hold some of the bottons in the front of it, while others need to be Jtag. Be careful not to do something stupid like submerging it on water!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
This receiver is not ready to move or reset!! Itried all that!! I have done this for long time!! And i guess there is no jtag for CW 600!! So any suggestions!!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13524
U advise everybody else ...but can't help yourself!...amazing!

Silver Member
Username: Silver1123

Mexico, DF Mexico

Post Number: 373
Try pressing the power and up channel on the front of your cs 6000. A menu will appear. Check options and erase all memories.
Then install factory bin, then install bin 152

Bronze Member
Username: Hylo

Post Number: 12
hey pal, i had sinilar problem with my CS 5000 here is what i found on a site and it fixed my problem, hopefully it will help your situation too, thought you are useing CW:

If you have the faint red standby light on the front, then we can probably bring it back by following the instructions below.

How to bring your CS 5000 or 6000 box back to life ..Hook up your box to your computer using the correct straight through cable, then open proloader 2.4 and browse to the Factory bin.. (CS5000_100_20051007).
Now hit auto detect, your pro loader will ask that you "connect your receiver and turn it on" now turn on the rear switch on your CS and click "connect" proloader will repeat "connect your receiver and turn it on" now turn off rear switch and then turn on..now it should start to load the factory flash. you may have to turn off switch then turn on while clicking connect at the same time for this to work., repeat as necessary until it takes the file.

Once it has taken the flash, hook up to your T.V and go to menu-system system settings-database reset and do a factory set. Now hook up once again to your P.C and load a fresh copy of the new bin file.

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
Wel LK yes i advise everybody else!! Coz i know ma Sh*it!! And i dont feel ashamed to ask things which i dont know!! And there is nothin so amazing bout it!!
Help me if u can on this!!

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 599
think i found somthing for you pannu read this
CW600-S PREMIUM Dead Box, No LCD display, Red Light Only

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dead Box, No LCD display, Red Light Only, or "I loaded the wrong Software" How To

CW600-S PREMIUM RECIEVERS ONLY!

This How To is for anyone who has a box that appears to be 'dead'. Possible signs of a dead STB are:

Unit will not power on correctly.

Unit will not display anything on LCD.

Unit only shows a red light on the box.

Unit is stuck in boot mode.

Unit freezes during boot up.

If you are experiencing any of these problems or something very simple then the chances are, you have a dead STB. At the moment, there are no JTAG 'revival' techniques, that will repair dead boxes. However there may still be hope for you. If the receiver can be placed into boot mode, you may be able to fix your broken box by loading the factory software onto the receiver.

Things to know before trying to revive a dead box.

First of all, if your STB is brand new and has never been updated by anyone, then you need to send your unit in for repair. CaptiveWorks has a 1 year manufacturers warranty on these receivers. Before attempting to 'fix' the problem yourself, contact CaptiveWorks via their website or phone number to see if you can have your box repaired.

Secondly, if you have killed your box by loading software onto it "PERIOD", whether this was factory software or not, you have violated your warranty agreement an forfeit any repair work that CaptiveWorks may have previously done for free within the warranty period. If you have only attempted to load factory software and have not attempted to load 'second hand' or 'non factory' software (such as the updates provided on this site), CaptiveWorks "WILL NOT" repair your unit. They are bound by law, not to repair any unit that has been modified to work outside of it's factory parameters. So don't send in your 'patched' unit expecting CaptiveWorks to fix your mistake. It won't happen.

Last but not least, the following steps are not guaranteed to revive your STB. This is your last hope of reviving your receiver until a JTAG procedure is developed and even then it may not be possible to fix the problems with your STB. If the following steps do not repair your receiver, let me be the first to congratulate you on your new doorstop.

First you must check to see if you can get your receiver to stay in boot mode. This is done by powering off the receiver from the rear rocker switch and powering back on from the rear rocker switch while holding the power button on the front of the receiver.

If your receiver continues to display 'boot' on the LCD screen then there may be hope for you yet.

If you are not able to get the receiver to continue to show 'boot' but it does show when the unit attempts to turn on, skip all of the following steps until you reach the section labled 'No Boot?'

If you do not see 'boot' at all on the LCD screen of the receiver, congratulations, you may now throw your receiver away.

Next you will need to load the factory software for the premium receivers onto the box via RS232 Null Modem Serial Cable.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOAD ANY SOFTWARE ONTO THE BOX VIA USB TO SERIAL CABLE!

There is currently no way for you to load the receiver using a USB to Serial Cable, while the receiver is in boot mode. You will actually have to connect to a serial port on the computer or you will not be able to continue.

While the receiver is in boot mode, you will need to load the factory files starting with the V1.08 software, followed by the V3.01 CXLoader. It is best to load these files using the V1.06 software updater, however, the V1.05 updater will work as well.

The factory software for CW600-S PREMIUM receivers can be found here

[link removed]

If you are not able to get the software to transfer, check your settings and try again. If the software will not take, and you are sure that your settings are correct and the cable is good, you may now throw your receiver away.

If you are able to get the software to load, attempt to reboot the unit. If the receiver still does not turn on correctly or continues to show signs of being dead, try to load the software again. If you continue to have problems once the software has loaded after a second or third time, congratulations you may now throw your receiver away.

If your receiver makes it all the way through the boot up and displays a channel or Menu Screen and you are able to navigate through your settings on the box, do a factory default ('All' option) and load the factory software again followed by another factory default ('All' option) before attempting to load the correct software for the PREMUIM receiver.

NO BOOT?

If you are unable to get the unit to stay in boot mode, there is one last chance that you may be able to revive your receiver. Connect an RS232 Null Modem cable to the receiver and run the V1.06 software on your computer. You will need the factory software before continuing.

This contains both the V3.01 CXLoader and the V1.08 Factory Software.

You will need to prepare the updater for loading the V1.08 Factory Software.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOAD ANY SOFTWARE ONTO THE BOX VIA USB TO SERIAL CABLE!

There is currently no way for you to load the receiver using a USB to Serial Cable (this applies because you are attempting to load the receiver in boot mode). You will actually have to connect to a serial port on the computer or you will not be able to continue.

Once everything is ready to update the receiver, reboot the STB.

While the receiver displays 'boot' on the LCD screen, press the start button in the updater software on the computer. Hopefully your receiver will start to load the factory software.

If your receiver does not start the transfer, attempt this several more times because your timing, may be off and there is not an exact science as to when to press the start button on the software.

If you are not able to get the software to transfer, check your settings and try again. If the software will not take, and you are sure that your settings are correct and the cable is good, you may now throw your receiver away.

If you are able to get the software to load, attempt to reboot the unit. If the receiver still does not turn on correctly or continues to show signs of being dead, try to load the software again. If you continue to have problems once the software has loaded after a second or third time, congratulations you may now throw your receiver away.

If your receiver makes it all the way through the boot up and displays a channel or Menu Screen and you are able to navigate through your settings on the box, do a factory default ('All' option) and load the factory software again followed by another factory default ('All' option) before attempting to load the correct software for the PREMUIM receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Space_invader

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 82
Sometimes it is realy dificult to help others if you are not familiar with a receiver. At least you take time to help, not to watch...

Silver Member

Post Number: 492
his is some good info!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 602
did that help you out pannu

Silver Member

Post Number: 495
Bruce did not get ime to do it yet man!! But i will do it tomm. But tht is some good info thou!! Appreciate it budd!!

Username: Babysugar13

Cochrane, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello
i am trying to get my captiveworks cw-600s prem to work , it was working fine but today I got message across tv screen scramble channels and weak signal.i got this receiver 5 days ago . Dont understand much about uploaders or Bin can someone help me out.
i really do need help. thanks greatly appreciated.
Chris

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Hello
i am trying to get my captiveworks cw-600s prem to work , it was working fine but today I got message across tv screen scramble channels and weak signal.i got this receiver 5 days ago . Dont understand much about uploaders or Bin can someone help me out.
i really do need help. thanks greatly appreciated.
Chris

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 994
skylight check your switches if any.

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
Hi

There is only the off/on switch in back

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4885
skylight: There are newer files out today for CW600s Premium and for CW600s

Files for the CW600s Premium
[link removed]
CW600PV1.56.zip

Files for the CW600s
[link removed]
CW600SV1.48.zip

You will have to upgrade you BIN by installing the appropriate file. Make sure you use the unzipped file and get the loader from the site where you get your files.

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
Its dead all it shows is two semi colons and i tried all stuff!! What shud i do to make it work, it does not go in boot mode!!

Any jtag available!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
im sorry to hear that you can not get your box to work the only other thing i can think of is buy a nother cw and you might be able to clone it this way you can put one in another room right now the cw is worth 90 dollers it will cost you more then that are almost that to send it out to get fixed cw does not have jtag but you can clone box to box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us