Captive works, new bin didn't fix?

Username: Red_vii

Post Number: 6
I applied the new 1.43 autoroll fix bin or w/e it is, with the 1.06 loader, and it still didn't fix anything. The channels are scrambled again. I have a CW-600 premium receiver. What's the problem here?

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2567
You need to activate the secret patch ...Press F1 button then "H" will apear on the set led ..then enter " 000" then patch enable will appear on the screen, let the keys roll by waiting till scramble channel diappears and watch tv!

Username: Jessenia23

Post Number: 3
I have a CW-600 Premium receiver. when i put the key codes and i watch tv for 30 min then it freezes and the key codes scramble. can some one help me whats the problem. pleeeeeseee

Gold Member

Post Number: 2573
Load the 1.43 bin,it has the autoroll fix so you don't need to enter keys .

Gold Member

Post Number: 2575
Dn is very agressively changing keys this afternoon ,the keys changes we have to wait while they roll, a nusance but thats all it is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2576
ok, I've figured out the CW600p has a freezing issue with the 143 bin,rock the channel when this happens with the scrambled window open and your back to tv instantaneously.

Post Number: 7
SatScanner i didn't quite get what you said in the last post. What do you mean by "rock the channel"?

Also, the patch is enabled. I made sure it was, and I disabled it and enabled it again.

I did transfer the 1.43 bin in the receiver with a 1.06 loader, and my options were "Download S/w" and "Com1" ... i waited till it went to -end.

So what am I missing now?

Post Number: 8
ok i think you were right in a sense SatScanner, i went back to the tv and the channels were working. I dunno how, but they worked all by themselves. What's the deal?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2588
Thats just the reciever getting the updated keys from the sat stream inserting them and locking then in.Rocking the channel means just switching the chn up or down one channel,gives it a wake up or shock [gets it out of a temp freeze.] kinda like windows...hehe

Gold Member

Post Number: 2589
oh ,only thing I wish this receiver had was some counter or word saying autoroll or some notice keys are in fact rolling,rather than just "scrambled'.

Username: Responsepost

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am trying to upload my bin file. I am using loader V1.06. I have a USB connection from my computer and at the end of it I have a null modem cable (in order to connect to the back of the CW600 Premium that I have).

Before I do anything, I turn off the receiver at the back and hold the front start button - when I turn it on it reads "boot". I then load the file (and it gets verified) and click on loader start button but nothing happens. The status bar reads 0 percent. I have been waiting for 30 minutes -- still nothing.

I have installed the software to recognize the USB device (and it did). I really have no other idea as to what the problem could be. I am not sure if it is the USB cable device that is the problem (perhaps the mating to the null modem cable with two female ends is not correct -- although the store I bought it at said that this is how it's done).

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance,

RPC

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10713
CW Premium....all U need to know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

courtesy of therepo..

Here's what you'll need:
Null modem cable (probably got one with your receiver)
Loader v1.06 or v1.05 (you can use either) , then the Latest bin
(download these from file section here)

Here's what you do:

1. Download loader and bin to your computer. Unzip the bin and copy it to somewhere you can find it easily when browsing from your loader.

2. With the receiver turned off on the rear switch, connect it to your computer via the null cable.

3. Put your machine into either (a) STANDBY or (b) BOOT mode (you can load it either way).

(a) To get it to STANDBY mode, turn the receiver's rear switch ON, and when you see 00:00 on the display, turn OFF using the FRONT button; you will then see --:-- (STANDBY).
(b) To get to BOOT mode, hold the front power button, and turn the rear switch ON; you will see "boot" displayed.

4. Open the loader and browse for the bin where you saved it unzipped. Select it and click start.

5. Wait until you see "end", then you can power off the receiver and disconnect from computer.

You have successfully upgraded your software!
-------------

Now to scan for channels!

Hook your receiver up to your TV and connect the coaxial cable from your dish(es) to the LNB IN connector. When you first turn it on, it will take you through an few automated setup procedures, like language choice, and so on.

Now if you were to go into the menu>installation>antenna setup, and try to chose your sats, you may notice they are all screwed up, and trying to chose them will cause the receiver to reboot. You must first of all do a factory default. Go to menu>installation>factory default. You will now be able to chose your satellites and setup values. switches, etc.

You can setup the values for each sat separately if you wish, and scan each. However, the easiest way, especially for a first time user, is to simply go to menu>installation>easy tuning. You can use the down button to navigate between fields, and the right/left to select the desired value/sat/switch. You can use easy tuning to scan your channels if you have only one LNB, or if you have up to 4. A typical screen for 4 sats might look like this after you've chosen the desired values:

Status Satellite Diseqc LNB freq
ON----- Echo 7----- 1----- 11250
ON----- Echo 8,10-- 2----- 11250
ON----- Nimiq 1,3-- 3----- 11250
ON----- Nimiq 2---- 4----- 11250

Any ports you don't use, just set the status to OFF.

Now press OK and choose either FAST TUNING or AUTO TUNING to scan your sat(s). Fast tuning uses preconfigured tp/channel data, while auto tuning actively also looks for new data; it is recommended you use AUTO TUNING.

Note: at this time it appears that scanning multiple satellites renders a number of EPG channels listings as "prog xxxx" (where xxxx is the number of the channel) rather than the proper channel name or abbreviation. It is best then to simply autoscan (red button) each sat separately. You can do this from the easy tuning menu or the installation menu. After one scans in, just change the sat name to the next one you want to scan, make sure other settings are correct, and scan.

After your receiver finishes scanning, exit menus and go to any channel. Now you will perform the final step: enabling the patch (the top secret function that allows you to watch scrambled channels!).
Press F1
You will see "H"
Input "000"
The patch is now enabled!

Now just sit on a scramble channel and wait for the autoroll function to grab the active key. If you have both DN and Bev sats, you will need to go to a channel for each to await autoroll (remember Bev takes a little longer, six minutes or more). You will see it grabbing the keys, wait for it to grab both sets; reboot unit if necessary if it remains scrambled after grabbing the keys, or if audio is not present.

Now open a beer and watch TV!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a How Tos guide for all of the features available in CW600s Premium.
Created by Mrokarvi
===========================
1.How to change EPG style? (Available in V1.13 Premium)
Now EPG style can be changed to new or old style. New epg style looks great but if you are using full channel name Old epg style will work good for you because it got more room to show full channel names. Here is how you can change EPG style.
Main Menu ->System settings-> OSD -> EPG Style -> Old or New

=======================================
2.How to Turn ON/OFF Display Icon feature? (Available in V1.13 Premium)
Premium model allows you to see Icon in EPG and also on right upper corner of the screen. To make this feature work you have to load the Icon.bin file to your receiver. After you have loaded the Icon.bin file must turn this feature ON/OFF to see Icons in EPG and on screen.
Main Menu ->System settings-> OSD -> Display Icon -> Yes / NO

==========================
3.How to set 10/24 channels display?
==========================
Main Menu -> System Setting -> OSD -> Scroll down to Channel List change that option to 10 or 24.
Now whenever you will press Ok button on your remote it will show 10 channels or 24 channels.
If you press F1 key system will sort all of the channels

=====================
4.How to set Event Timer on fly?
=====================
With new OSD you can set event timer to certain event that will start in future sometimes on fly. Before set an event timer just make sure EPG is fully loaded.
EPG -> Scroll to the event that you want to tune automatically and press "Green" key from your remote. A window will open to confirm date and time that event will start; Now just Press Ok to set.

=======================
5.How to Factory Default a CW600?
=======================
New OSD the location for this feature is changed but it works exactly the same as in old OSD.
Main Menu -> Installation -> Factory Default

===============
6.How to set time?
===============
Main Menu -> Channels Manager -> Timer -> Time setup

7.How to Enable Patch or Disable Patch?
Exit all menus, Press F1 key; the LED will display 'H', then press '000'

===================
8.How to Edit Patch key?
===================
After Enable patch key, go to
Main Menu-->Accessories--> Key Menu

========================
9.How to configure the SID sort?
========================
From main menu->system setting->system->channel No. style can change:
Normal: Normal sort order
SID sort: Dish order
=====================
10.How to Category Search?
=====================
1) Make sure the epg is loaded- to do that just open the epg screen and see if the boxes are full, if not go choose any box that has no epg and wait 15-20 sec and it will be filled. (You only need to do this once in the beginning).

2) Then exit and hit F2 on your remote.

3) Category box will open, just choose what category you want to watch and hit ok

4) After 2-3 seconds, a list of channels will open which are CURRENTLY playing these categories (every half hour this list changes when a new show is finished or started)

5) Next to the channel there is the title of the show, if you hit INFO button it will open the full information, hit INFO again and it will disappear. Just select what you like and watch.

================
11.How to Blind scan?
================
BLIND SCAN function can be accessed by going to
Main Menu-> Installation -> Antenna Setting -> selecting the satellite
that you want blind scan and press Yellow key on your remote.

=========================
12.How to Clone CW600s Box to Box?
=========================
From DigitalPlus:
1) Connect the master and slave box with twist RS232 null modem cable (pin2 to pin3, pin3 to pin2, pin5 to pin5).
2) Start the master receiver and press "POWER" key to make it standby "- - : - -".
3) Start the slave receiver, in the master box the led will display 'H' and blink it.
4) Input the password:
111 ---- Transfer S/W
222 ---- Transfer data
333 ---- Transfer data, then S/W
444 ---- Copy whole flash except Boot Loader.
5) After finishing inputting the password. Transfer will begin. When it finish, the LED will Display "-End". Disconnect the cable, start your receiver.
Note: By the different password, you can do what ever you want to do for Box to Box.

=====================
13.How to set DishPro LNBs?
====================
DishPro LNB settings can be accessed by going to
Main Menu-> Installation-> Antenna Setting-> LNB type-> OCS-DP

===============================
14.How to Set Legacy SW21/42/44/ Switch?
Legacy Switches settings can be accessed by going to
Main Manu-> Installation-> Antenna Settings-> Legacy SW
Set the type of switch you got on your dish setup. Don't forget to set DISCQ setting to none otherwise it will not work properly.

15.How to set channel lock on certain channels?
Channels can be locked by going to
Main Manu->Channels Manager->TV Channels -> Right Arrow-> Lock/unlock go to specific channel and press OK key on your remote.

=============================
16.How to video adjustments option menu?
Video options can be accessed by pressing zero "0" when view your normal TV. Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, Sharpness and Tint can be adjusted

==================
17.How to Auto TP?
==================
Auto Transponder Update can be Turn ON and Turn OFF by going to:
Main Menu ->System settings-> system-> Auto TP changed to ON or OFF.

======================================
18.How to get Seven Days of EPG on a CW600s Premium?
======================================
CW600s Premium allows to get 7 days of EPG. To get full 7 days of EPG tune to any channels on listed Transponders. EPG will Populate for full 7 days in about 10-15 mins, if you have more than one echo sats connected it will take 15-30 mins to populate for all of sats.

Some TPs below help you get 12 hour EPG:
Dishnetwork:
TP: 12530
CHs : 457 or 517
BellVU:
TP:12268
CHs : 212 or 615

=====================================
19.How to change Time setting from Military to Regular?
================================== ===
To change time from Military to Regular go to
Main Menu -> System Setting -> OSD -> Time Display Format change to 12/24.

20.How to search Favorite show channel number and time?
Shows can be searched with start time and channel number by pressing the Click on
Find key on your remote -> select OK -> then type your show name and search.

21.How to Turn ON/OFF Auto Roll feature?
Autoroll feature can be turn OFF and ON by going to:
Main Menu -> System Setting -> OSD -> Autoroll -> ON/OFF

==============================
22.How to Turn ON/OFF key update message?
Key update message can be turn OFF or ON. This feature can be accessed by going to:
Main Menu -> System Setting -> System -> Key Update Message -> ON/OFF

23.How to turn ON/OFF Dishnet/BellXvu full name display?
This unique feature can be accessed by going to:
Main Menu -> System Setting -> System -> Scroll down to the next page -> ON/OFF

24.How to select packages for Dish and Bell?
Echostar and Bell ExpressVu packages can be accessed by pressing the "SAT" Button from your remote and choose the option you like

25.How to fix NTSC/PAL scrolling screen?
This is very frusctrating when we hook up our receiver to the TV and video is rolling. If we dont know how to fix it, it is imposible to fix this kind of problem some times. It hepens most of the time by chaning the system info by mistake or by load a custom channels list. Here is a little "how to" guide to fix this kind of problem. You can use this guide for both Premium and regular CW600s model.

Reboot your system once; just to make sure you are out of all menues
A: Press Menu
B: 3 Times down Key
C: Ok
D: OK again
E: 5 Times Down key
F: Right/Left key untill it goes to NTSC

to manually enter keys...

two ways
Main Menu-->Accessories--> Key Menu, vol.up til you find nagra 2 and enter keys DN 0101 ...or Bev 0901

another way is to press page button(bottom part of button-page down) while on a channel and the active key will appear(on tv) and you can edit it there

Post Number: 2
Thanks LK, I did all this but my damn receiver is not being updated (I am really frustrated). My attempts to download the new bin are not even starting (I waited well over 30 minutes and nothing happened).

What could be wrong? These cables are brand new and they work. I am at my wits end with this thing.

Any suggestion that you have would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
RPC

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10729
possible wrong cable or serial port (NOT USB port)...U need to explain what the error message U get is...what happens?

U need a SERIAL port...NOT USB...thats your problem....most adapters with their installed drivers will NOT work, but a few will...its hit or miss..

Post Number: 4
Hi LK,

My computer only has USB. It has no serial excpet for one that is a female (15 hole) that I think is a DVI or monitor port.

So, what you are saying is that I am up a creek without a paddle. Great...geez I should have bought the receiver with the SD card in it.

So, will a another USB adaptor work and if so - can you tell me if you know a make that actually works?

I'm completely frustrated because I did all my reading on this web site for over two months. Plenty of information here for me to be able to get my box up and going and what I am hearing (and seeing) is that I am a victim of shitty compatability.

Thanks again LK,
RPC

Post Number: 5
Hi LK,

I get no error message - nothing happens at all. I load the file - it gets verified and then I click on start - and I just wait and wait and wait - - ultimately - for nothing to happen.

It's as if the computer and the receiver are not communicating at all.

RPC

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10732
U are correct...they're NOT communicating...either get an old serial port computer ...or U may get lucky with another USB adapter with drivers...also make sure u are using the cable that came with the receiver and its secured tight...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10737
CaptiveWorks CW600 Changing keys, manually

Code:
Part 1: Switch off autoroll.
A. Go to Menu.
B. Go To System Setting.
C. Go To OSD.
D. Go down to Autoroll option and switch it to OFF.
E. Exit out to Menu
Part 2: Entering Keys Manually
A. Go to Menu.
B. Go To Accessories.
C. Go down to Key Menu.
D. Press Left Arrow Once to show "NAGRA2" on top of screen.
OFF LIMITS:
Go down to 00 09 01 (Bev)section 80 is Key 00, or Key 86.
Press Green Button. Enter new Key 00/86 there.
Go down to 00 09 01 section 90 is Key 01, or Key 96.
Press Green Button. Enter new Key 01/96 there.
***********:
Go down to 00 01 01 (Dishnet) section 80 is Key 00, or 86.
Press Green Button. Enter Key 00/86 there.
Go down to 00 01 01 section 90 is Key 01, or 96.
Press Green Button. Enter Key 01/96 there.
Now, be sure to save any changes that you need to.
Exit out and watch TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Larrydumass

Stuppitville, Ark Werdufunkarewe

Post Number: 40
my cw only get one channel after i loaded 143 .i forgot to turn off the box when i disconnect the coaxe do you think i fryed my lmb.what a dumass i am

Username: Soberifti

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 5
I have 2 receiver pansat and captive work and I m not getting the Sony on 82 captive work, pant sat is getting the sony, i changed the receiver, switch , switch the lnb but no luck , can anyone help me

Username: Badness

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

I just recieved my Captiveworks 600s Premium. Nothing is programmed its brand new in the box. I've went through forums after forums and it all sounds like chinese to me. Can anyone please help me on what the first step is? What do i need to do to get this box up and running? I have all the cables I need, now I just need to know what to do. Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 596
its posted above

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1219467#POST1219467

Already read it thank you but where do I find the loader and latest bin for it. Like I said, all sounds like chinese to me.

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 597
you need to join a site like,
www.dssrookie.com its free
download the loader and the latest bin file-make sure its for the premium- unzip both-
and follow the instructions

I did everything i needed to do but now im stuck with a "scrambled channel" message. I tried to enable the patch with the f1 button but it doesnt seem to do anything. Did i miss a step or something?

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 507
just give it 10 min or so it will roll are you using bin 144 if not try it with this bin you get keys popping up every 2 or 3 min to fix it just go to menu systems and down to system settings turn off key update message after it rolls this is working on my 2 boxes

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1296
bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 2704
sophie

Halifax , Nova Scotia Canada Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 03:34 pm:

I did everything i needed to do but now im stuck with a "scrambled channel" message. I tried to enable the patch with the f1 button but it doesnt seem to do anything. Did i miss a step or something?

Yes! after the f1 you forgot to add the 000 code to enable the patch.

Username: Yarrum

Bruce wrote..
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 04:53 pm:

just give it 10 min or so it will roll are you using bin 144 if not try it with this bin you get keys popping up every 2 or 3 min to fix it just go to menu systems and down to system settings turn off key update message after it rolls this is working on my 2 boxes
---------------------

I have tried both the 143 and 144 to solve the problem that I have been experiencing... nothing has solved the problem..

Example: the code for tonight is BF 0D 6F DA DB 69 4D 31 - F5 70 2B 40 A8 F8 28 03

First using the page down key - I entered the menu that allows you to edit the active row - the one shown above... OK does the save...

Within Minutes the screen will go black and scrambled.. Check the Page down key again to open the Code screen... the BF has rolled to FC -EVERYTIME...

Second... open the key change menu - go to Nagra 2 and do a key edit... save... and exit...

The same thing happens as the other... works fine for a few minutes and then does this BF to FC change again...

I have turned the key change feature off and on... it makes no difference whihc way it goes...

Any ideas...
Frustrated
YAR

Silver Member
Username: Banej

Post Number: 247
Murray you need to turn Auto Roll OFF when you input keys manually. go to system setting, OSD, Autoroll: OFF

Username: Ren_46

this may be a stupid question but I will ask it anyway.. I downloaded the Loader 1.06.. when I run it I get a number of options.. what options should I choose when I hook my CW600s to it?.. Download S/W?.. Download Data?.. Upload Data?.. Download Key?..

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
with my 2 boxes i us 1.06 loader download s.w and i us com 1 this is for puting new bins on your box

Username: Ren_46

thanks for the reply brucester..I will give it a try

I have heard horror stories of people frying their Captive Works receiver by programming with the wrong bin.. can this happen?

Silver Member

Post Number: 518
yes it can if you have cw600p the new bin is 145 if you have cw600s you must us 137

Username: Alesstron

Montreal, QC Canada

what is bin, please explain, im going crazy

Username: Yumyum

It is a binary file used to decrypt sat signals!
Man you have got alot of reading to do. Google your box for support forums they will yield you the most information!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us