Post Number: 1000

Hey Nalin
Can you tell me why, I can't scan any TPs
with DVB-8PSK?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2941
Humax PR-HD1000
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTMLuses the DVB-8PSK modulation. which is not compatible with the. current software configuration. of the Humax PR-HD1000. SITV-HD not recognised in. DVB mode ...www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0607/eng/humax.pdf - Similar pages

In the above, you will see that they were not receiveing all the HD channels.

Also see,

www.powertv.com/products/customers/white-papers/BCA-2002%20Ken%20Hanna.pdf -
"While QPSK has been in use for many years higher orders of modulation such as 8PSK and 160AM have recently enabled the satellite industry to increase transponder efficiency. This increase in the Information Rate comes at the expense of an increase in the carrier power to meet the threshold requirement into existing antennas. The laws of physics dictate that you cannot get something for nothing:
YOU MUST REDUCE THE DOWNLINK MARGINS OR INCREASE THE RECEIVE ASNTENNA SIZE TO INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF BITS TRANSMITTED IN A GIVEN TRANSPONDER."

Kevin: The caps are mine to show you where the problem may be.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2942
Therepo may have some more information. I am quoting below from his post in another thread.

"QPSK, and 8PSK, refer to signal modulation. DN uses 8PSK turbo fec, which is why Sonicview HD and CW3000 receivers need a special add-on module for DN. Without it, Bev HD can be received in QPSK modulation (AND MPEG-2). "

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 105
A DVB QPSK tuner can't scan 8PSK channels because they are different modulations and DN specifically has turbo-fec. Some DVB cards will demodulate on different levels, but simply, signal modulation is very specific to the tuner/chipset used for reception. Analogically, think of AM/FM radio differences, as to why 8PSK channels can't even be scanned.

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1002

Hey Guys THANKS
After reading all the above post, Iam still confuse.Nalin two (2) questions.
A) How would I reduce the Downlink Margins?
B) What size of Antenna would I need?thanks

BTW...hey therepo are you related to the King man or are you the man? You sure sound like him.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 932
Hehe...

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 110
Who is the King man?

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
the only other guy on this forum besides you who knows what the hell he's talking about

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10252
OUCH!

Silver Member

Post Number: 935
yes there are others. I should have mentioned them, so I apologize to all the other unsung heroes here!

JB

Silver Member

Post Number: 936
I was being facetious with that comment. :-p
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us