Archive through July 29, 2004

Need Free TV
Unregistered guest
Could someone please give me any information on cable descrambler is it worth signing up for a year of basic cable for 29.99 thru Comcast then using a descrambler to get all the channels...Is there a catch to it? Anyone have any proven websites to get answers from..thanks

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Most cable comapanies use digital cable for their premium and pay perview channels and only anolog for the basic local and Network channels. All descrambler boxes are made to descramble anolog cable. I used to use one for the premimum and payper veiw till my company swithced to digital about 7 years ago.

My best suggestion is to subscribe to the digital package and use their digital box most likly a motorola or GI DCT 2000 or 2024 and use a high pass digital filter on the back to recive free payper view movies and events.

The downside to these filters is that the box memory will have to be reset after 10-25 orders dependig on the box. Some boxes reset easy others are a pain and some I have seen can only be done by the cable company (bad news cause then you will get the bill). You can buy digital filters on ebay for under 15US inc shipping.

Hope this helps

Dublatime

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Here is a site with about 9 ways to reset different digital cable boxes.

[link removed]

Late

Dublatime

Mr. Whitefolks
Unregistered guest
if u can get an analog descrambler cheap enough, it is well worth it.they work with no catch unless you unplug it and take it somewhere. then it may take awhile to get the channels back, but if it is comcast, then it will work. Also check and see if comcast where you are at offers a BASIC service. I mean just your locals. Here they do and it cost about 8 dollars a month. They come and put a box on with a lock that will only allow those locals. Just take it off, hook yours up and really get over on them. I miss those days. it was really bulletproof.

the beast
Unregistered guest
dont beleive whitefolks he is dtv employee and a theif

Mr. Whitefolks
Unregistered guest
Hey D!ckhead, how could I be a dtv employee and a Thief(spelled correctly) loser.I've BSed alot but I am being for real. No more political BS.I grew tired of that. Anyway take my advice for what is worth.

MR.WHITEFOLKS
Unregistered guest
whats the big deal so what if im a employee of dtv at least i have a job. not like some of the losers here.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Whitefolks method will work well and is a cheaper alternative then mine, and if comcast in your area has not gone digital then it is the only way to go.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 87
ive seen the bypass filters on ebay they are suppose to work

girlpower
Unregistered guest
I have a question
were I live the cable has no box. cable vision is there a way I can get ppv channels. I am fed up with waiting on dtv to get a program.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
The only way a TV can recive digital feed is with a box to convert from digital feed to anolog for your TV. In your case your cable company must use only anolog signals, if that is so an anolog descrambler will do the trick, all channels open, you can either buy them all over the net or if you have the skills build one yourself it is not too bad.

Smitty need some tv
Unregistered guest
I have comcast ditigal cable, I have seen some sites advertising a ditigal filter that is just screw in the back of the box. This this recommended and does anyone know of any reliable web sites to gather information,,and was is the chance that if it gets marry to the box I cant reset and will pay for it

Mr. Whitefolks
Unregistered guest
The second post here was not mine. I know about analog and not digital cable. I am just trying to give you some alternatives.

Mr. Whitefolks
Unregistered guest
Girlpower, your cable provider "should" offer some PPV programming, as well as some movie channels. If they do then they will offer boxes. I am not saying you are wrong but to my knowledge all cable providers offer premium channels. They don't make money otherwise. Check again. Cheer up, if Comcast can be descrambled, a multimillion dollar company, then your one horse cable provider can too. Where I live, Comcast required a Scientific Atlanta box that I had modified for Testing. You can find the boxes, just look around. But remember, like Dublatime says, analog will be dead soon. But who knows when?

interboot
Unregistered guest
great! i just stumble into this place. i have been looking all over everywhere for infomation. hopefully some of you can shed some light for me on digital cable descrambler box. ebay has these general instrument /motorola dct2244 boxes suppose to descramble digital channels. a friend bought one. indeed it did work with most of the channels except for ppv and adult stuffs. the thing is he doesn't even subscribe to the digital service. he only has the regular cable tv and broadband internet. for what i undestand you have to subscribe digital before they can stream the signal to your house. but i could be wrong on that part ? (fyi, i am a dtv hu refugee, getting real desperate). my question is, i heard these digital boxes do phone home. is it true? say, if i don't order ppv or any of the adult stuffs, just do whatever i have when i turn on the tv/box. does it still phone home? if it still phones home even without the ppv order, then wouldn't that be unsafe to use these boxes? i mean it is like telling dave & charlie my address. right? and why ebay bids are going for $100.00+ if it is danergours? someone mentioned (but cannot be sure) that some of these older boxes do not have bi-directional feed capabilty. true? i am thinking of getting the same one my friend got cuz i know it works ( i got scam by the 'stupid bullet' earlier). please school me on these boxes. thx.

Jane
Unregistered guest
I have a General Instuments analug box and have used a filter. Every now and then I get these messages that the cable has disconnected and I have to bring the box in to get it reset. I am going to upgrade to digital. I need to clear the box so it resets.

Do I just leave it unplugged for a 48 hours?

Ripped
Unregistered guest
HI,

I just happened upon this site. Looks like some good info here too! Can someone clarify for me one thing? If I get digital service from Comcast (I have basic analog now) and I get a filter for it, I will get PPV and other preminum channels, or will I just get PPV? If only PPV I guess I will have to pay for preminum channels? Many THANKS!

steelerfan
Unregistered guest
heres my 2 cents worth. i have basic cable(comcast) no box, just a cable to the tv. i had no use for a box since i was testing DTV. like everyone else i grew impatient. bought a box off of e-bay that was supposed to be compatable to comcast. plugged it in and, nothing. talked to a few techs in the area and they said for it to work comcast has to send a signal down. well, when i called them up they said they wont send the signal down. they only do it for the boxes they rent out. i also purchased one of those filters and it also doesn't work. i guess im screwed, unless someone has a answer for me.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Ripped The filter only will alow you to order ppv movies and events thru your box depending on the provider you can order preminum channels if you can order it thru your box.

The filter does not descrable anything your box does the descrabling the filter only prevents your box from telling the cable company that it is descrabling the channel for you.

Steelerfan - comcast are flackers like that, cause they want you to use their box. Your box is usless till they activate it thru the feed. The filter will work once you get digital cable. (see above explaination)

Smitty need some tv
Unregistered guest
For ditigal cable for comcast you get the ditigal filter does it make channel wide open like hu card besides ppv channels or you have to order premium channels as well,,if i have ditigal cable is there a way to get all premium channels wide open and order ppv like activation..thanks for your time dublatime and mr whitefolks,,just explain exactly what needs to be done,,to get premium wide open through ditigal and any websites that I can read into it..thanks

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
The only way to get wide open channels with comcast is with a digital descabling box, (personally I have never seen on in use) they might exist but extermly hard to find.

Your alternative is a High pass filter, this is similar to a ppv wiper on D*V. With a digital filter you can order PPV without the cable company knowing about it, you just have to wipe your purchases every month or so. Their is a link in one of my above post that has a few ways to wipe your dct ppv memory.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
I should not have said comcast, don't know if their premium and ppv are all digital my provider is. If comcast in your area is only anolog then anolog descrablers are avilible to give you wide open programing.

steelerfan
Unregistered guest
thanks for all the info, i have found a site thats claims if you get comcast, and dont have a box, they said to get comcast to come out and install their box and pay for basic. then purchse there box and replace the box you just purchased with the box you got from comcast. the upside is they have a phone number and a 90 day return. one comcast tech told me there is a way but you need to find a tech that is willing to make a few extra bucks on the side. comcast in my area is all digital. hopefully when the swap is made from mine to theirs everything the offer will come in.its around $150.00. undecided though????

Anonymous

I have Cablevision and they use the Jarrad Analog Boxes CFT2200. I am looking to reset the box. I have used a Filter that set the box to receive the stations but now I want to clear it out so that I can get digital and return the box.

I have left it unplugged for 24 hours but it still gets the pay stations. How do I get it to reset?

Anonymous

leve it unplugged for 31 days. that is the way i do the s.a. boxs

Mr. Whitefolks
Unregistered guest
Steelerfan, maybe it is different where you live, but here, i had the same setup as you. Just a cable from the wall, NO box. A friend of mine had an extra Scientific Atlanta box that he gave to me. A friend of his Modded it for 50 bucks. I don't know what he did exactly but im thinking he just soldered a chip of some kind in it. When i got it back plugged it in i had all the movie channels analog had to offer and it took about one hour for the PPV to burn in. Like i said if you take the box somewhere else in comcasts network it will take a while to get the PPV back but they will come. Maybe you bought the wrong box or maybe comcast is a little more complex where you live. However my box(which i sold because i moved out of the comcast coverage area) still works cause i know the guy i sold it to. I've never heard of sending the signal down. Where i live the cable to the tv must send every channel wide open only to be opened,blocked or scrambled by a box.Without a box you receive only basic. Anyway good luck and keep searching it is worth it.

isp
Unregistered guest
I got the Comcast basic service (about $7) plus a digital box yesterday. I was quite surprised to see that all my analog and digital channels were wide open (about 300). Do you know if they will remotely program my box to receive only what I've paid for or I can continue receiving all of them? Right now I keep the box unplugged so they cannot access it. Any thoughts?

Username: Brickhead

Post Number: 1
I just got digital from Comcast the box is
Motorola DCT 2224 They said it is an addressable box. Can you use a filter on an addressable box and not get charged for PPV? Also this box has a slot in the back for TV Pass card, Can I get a card to use? I had the hu card and programer before. New to this digital system.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Isp - Since Comcast gave you no box and they belive you have the basic pakage they will not expect feedback from your line that the digital box would send. Your lucky if the box is opening up all the channel, but if your going to hook it up comcast will Know you are using something that is not supposed to be their. Put a filter on the back of the box so it can't send or recive any signals essentially making it act like you have no box, which is what you want.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
G-bitting - an addressable box is a box with addressable memory meaning that the box can process things faster cause it does not have to proforme the fuction it is required to get an answer it needs it simply recall a memory location where the answer is. Example when you hear 3*4 a person thinks the answer is 12 from memory they don't calculate 3+3+3+3=12.

So yes you can use a filter, the only problem with filters is that eventually the cable company will know you are using one and want to send a tech down to fix the problem because your box will not respond to their signals which it is supposed to do. So to remain completly covert you must clear the memory and take the filter off for awhile a few times a week.

Post Number: 2
Ok Dublatime But I just read the clearing the filters It says never take the filter off. Also
I am only going to have this box for three months. I have a diff Motorola box for use with Adelphia. Comcast said it will not work on their cable system I have not tried to hook up yet.

Post Number: 3
If I just have Basic service for Comcast which descrambler box will work in Florida? And will it work with digital? I have five tvs only one hooked up to digital box.

isp
Unregistered guest
Dublatime - comcast gave me the cable box and it opens all the chanels. I haven't done anything to it. So I'm wondering wether they can send a signal to program it to release only the channels that I've subscibed for ... what do you all think ...

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
I understand they don't want you take the filter off cause if the mem is not totaly cleared then you will get charged for your purchases. As I said before by keeping it on all the time your box will stop communicating with the cable company and they might want to know why.
I would just leave it on if they call you for a service check, clear and take it off. If not, sweet.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
isp - That is very weird, when they gave the box did you ask the teck for the hook ups. It might be comcast giving a couple days of free premium tv as a sample to get you hooked. Cause other then that I can not see why comcast would give you wide open channels without charging. They can change your programing but if the box is hard wired all open then you will still recive all channels. No matter what you sub package is. Wait till you recive a bill to see what is being charged if you get charged for the preium then you know it is the cable company, but if you get charged basic then you know it is the box, and that is a wonderful thing.

steelerfan
Unregistered guest
the company that i might buy my box from sya that it will get all channels wide open because its non-addresable. they said it won't even need the filter for the ppv. i hate to keep puttting $$$ out if it dont work.

frankthetank
Unregistered guest
I thought I would give my 2 cents seeing that I have a digital box in canada and recently purchased a filter for it.. First of all I attached the filter a few days after installing the digital box (that way it doesnt look suspicious) after installing the filter I ordered a movie and a few days later ordered another movie. After this I followed the directions to clear my box and it worked like a charm (I cleared my box with the filter on it so the cable company would not recieve a signal from my box) so after resetting (clearing the memory of the box) after this I kept the filter off my box so the cable company could find out if I had ordered ppv. I waited a few days and then called my cable company and told them that my little brother may have ordered some ppv's but I wasnt sure so I just asked him if he could clarify whether or not ppv's had been purchased and he said NO PPV'S HAD BEEN PURCHASED. Since then I have not ordered a movie yet and have left my filter off while I am not ordering ppv's and then when I feel like ordering ppv's I just attached it (it takes less then a second) watch the movie and then do a simple reset that takes less then 5 minutes. It is better to take simple precautions just so you dont get hit with a huge bill at the end of the month. Hope this helps out.

Anonymous

Quick question, all--
I am interested in receiving premium channels -- like HBO, Showtime, and others -- and not necessarily the PPV. Comcast in my area has such channels on digital cable, but not on analog. I want to buy my own digital cable box. How can I get it to receive premium channels?

Username: Frankthetank

As far as I know if your on digital cable you cant recieve the premium channels for free, if they were analog then you could get a cable descrambler box which is a seperate box entirely, I had one of those about 5 years ago but most if not all cable compaies are using digital now...

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Most cable companies ping your box three times a month to see if they are responding. You can phone and ask what days of the month they do it, public info. So just reset and, take it off for thoes days and you will be fine.

Good input Frank, what dct are you using?

bungnati
Unregistered guest
isp; they scammed you they gave you digital cable service for 30 bucks a month they did it to me to you are gonna get charge for the box rental and the dtv service at the end of the month

Username: Frankthetank

dublatime- I'm using a Scientific Atlanta box, the basic reset works for my box...is that what you meant by dct?

dazagthoth666
Unregistered guest
I just signed up for basic cable service that is analog through Comcast here in Colorado for $13 mth. It is just the local channels and some others. They also offer digital service but I didn't want that. Here is the thing. They dont give out cable boxes for basic and standard analog service. Instead they hook the cable up straight to the tv. Now if I were to buy a cable descrambler, would it work with the basic service to recieve the standard channels? I dont want to be spending money on something that is not going to work.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
yes it is, Thanks Frank.

TeepingPom
Unregistered guest
Has anyone heard of the Unicable U4000 boxes? A seller claims that these are digital descramblers, capable of receiving all channels on all digital systems. Here is a link to one sold on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39804&item=5708930074&rd= 1

Has anyone used these? Is it a scam, or a genuinely new technology? I tried googling around for information but was unable to find any.

TeepingPom
Unregistered guest
And one more question.

SCENARIO I.
Joe Couchpotato moves into a new apartment and orders only the cable modem internet service from Comcast. Joe also buys a splitter and puts it on the line just before the cable modem. The other cable from the splitter goes to a digital cable box (a Motorola DCT2224) that Joe has from his old apartment. Joe also installs a high-gain filter on the digital cable box as to prevent it from talking to Comcast. Comcast is all-digital in Joe's area. Can Joe watch premium channels like HBO?

SCENARIO II.
Same setup, except the non-internet end of the splitter goes directly to the back of the cable-ready TV. Can Joe watch analog cable channels (i.e. Comedy Central, CNN, MTV, and other non-premium channels)?

SCENARIO III.
Same setup, except Joe has 3 TVs instead of one. Should Joe (1) install a 2-way splitter to get his Internet signal, followed by a 3-way splitter on the TV side or (2) simply install a 4-way splitter?

GENERAL QUESTIONS
1. In all of the above scenarios, what should Joe look for before he buys the splitter(s)?

2. Does Joe also need to buy an amplifier, either for the Internet signal or for the TV signals? If so, what should he look for?

Anonymous

I've received many advertisments on the U4000 in my email, and have been cautious about ordering it. After all, it's upwards of $400. So, I'd be interested in answers to your question as well. So, that's two of us.

Anonymous

Well, I'm already paying for most of Comcasts premium channels, using two of their digital boxes. But I would like to just add the service to a third TV. Is there somewhere to just buy a digital box so I don't have to pay the monthly charges for another damn box?

TeepingPom
Unregistered guest
The guy selling them on eBay is offering them for $225 direct. If this is the real deal, the price doesn't seem bad at all. Some guy left him good feedback on it, but it was only one and I'd rather hear from someone who knows these things.

Anonymous

I'm a bit leary of eBay, too many shady characters. $225 ain't bad, but you don't know what you are getting. There's just got to be another way.

Username: Spawned

don't buy the unicable u 4000 it's junk
i purchased one you have to use the
usb ports to configure , you need
software, they don't tell you that
i sent them 3 emails, with no answers
they have no idea on how to make this
item work .............if it can???
the users manual is totally useless
it states:
unit must be programmed with software
through usb ports from online services
what online services??
there is no such site anywhere on the
internet....
also there was no power to the usb
ports.........
when i started up box
got a blue java screen with jan 2002
date
it said "t6000" configuration
please enter password, there was a
cursor on the screen..........
but no way to move it,
no remote, i tried 6 different
universal remotes, none worked.......
i tried to hookup the unit to the pc
through the usb ports...........
waste of time...... pc doesn't
reconize any new hardware.......
can't add manually
either....especially if pc doesn't
know something is being connected to
it....

i've been building ,repairing,
programming computers for years....

so i know that its not the pc that
doesn't reconize the unit, or th usb
port that is being used...........

its definately the unit,,,,,,,,,,

JUNK....JUNK....JUNK.........

stay away...........

http://support.charter.com/EMSArticles/CATVSupport/CableBox/DCT_Installation_man ual.pdf

reset instructions:to reset...get a phone jack,short the
wires.plug it in the back of dct
boxes,must be done while unit is
unplugged and cable input unplugged,...

but this becomes useless since you have
to order ppv thru the box,and thus the
cable co al-ready has a record.the
point of reset is moot.

steelerfan
Unregistered guest
TeepingPom, i purchased one of those units on ebay, a motorola that was supposed to be compatable with my comcast here in s.fl., only to find out that comcast has to send a signal down to address it. after some phone calls to them they said NO WAY. now im stuck with a motorola DCT2244 and i have no use for it. the ebay ad said "sold as is no refunds no returns". im going to post a site that says the unit is non-addressable[whatever that means] they also have a phone number and 90day money back guarntee. also they said all channells that they offer in my area will be open. another scam? who knows. but getting desperate here

steelerfan
Unregistered guest
TeepingPom, anybody else who might have a interest. ive been thinking about trying one of these.
www.1-800-descramblers.com
i have serious doubts if dave will ever be back up for testing

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Peeping Tom - you can not get cable TV from the internet lines well at least not from my company but comcast maybe but not likely. When you order just internet the the TV signals are filtered out right from the box in the neighbour hood. You need a special tool for the box, we used one and gave our entire block full anolog cable pack cause you just take all the filters off. So in short all your senerios are no go.

late

Bronze Member
Username: Dtv

Post Number: 27
can i use the filter on the sciintific atlantic box and if so were can u buy it thanks

Smitty need some tv
Unregistered guest
Has anyone checked out the site www.1-800-descramblers.com..it has descrambler called CoolBox Platinum 2004
Professional Universal Cable Descramblers

ONLY $129
LOWEST INTERNET PRICE

[ MORE INFO ] [ ORDER NOW ! ]

A new arrival for April 2004 !
Unit contains our own latest unique ' PRO ' chip !
100% Analog & Excellent Hybrid Digital Compatibility !
Avenger Pro Sound Card Installed At No Charge !
Excellent Digital & Analog Cable Descrambler Replacement

What does anyone know about it. Does it work with ditigal and analog...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
you guys heard about roumerd p4 hack is that a scam or is it true

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
you guys heard about roumerd p4 hack is that a scam or is it true

laziboy
Unregistered guest
which method has worked for yall for scientific atlanta boxes?

i was about to buy a unicable things, thanks for the heads up. dude offered me $200 with remote off of ebay.

steelerfan
Unregistered guest
Smitty, i have checked out that site a couple of weeks ago. they assured me all i needed was the cable comming out of the wall, into their unit, and thats it. i like the return policy. im still undecided. i have comcast all digital, dont know if everything they offer will be wide open. guess its a crap shoot.

Unicable Celerity Digital Cable Descrambler T6000 U4000is the same unit/still a scam they changed the model set a remote next to it and still the damn thing still dont work lol.how much does it cost a scammer to print up a page or two and say its a catalog.lol.also if you check that ebay site you cant even read the catalog front page,spread the news.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39804&item=5712045392&rd= 1

Username: Bareeska

I have Cablevision IO - Interactive Optimum in Brooklyn, NY [ http://www.io.tv/ ] digital cable service which uses Scientific Atlanta Explorer 1850 box, channels 2-999. Can I purchase my own box that will give descramble these channels? If yes, can I purchase any box or just the Explorer 1850? And do I need anything else besides the box for the descrambling to work? Thanks a lot

Anonymous

1800 descrambler HAHA...HA, The worst biz ever. i called the person, order CoolBox 2k4 $179, I received matrix $129. did not send me the diff., Thank god I charged it ot my CC. Called the CC disputed the money send the box back, get credit. report them to BBB for scaming poeple, sent them 20000 email 15000 phone calls no answer. once you paid them they will not answer your questions. stay away from them.. Caution...caution...
I bought U4000 Just follow the instruction on the manual. it works fine. i have cablevision IO. No problem. go for it and bed take it from me. & Good luck

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=116124#POST116124

laziboy
Unregistered guest
so your unicable works great

Username: Spawnedd

no the unicable box works not.not at all.but if you want to buy it then go ahead and waste your money and time.go waste your dollars.read feedback comments usaully from same poster big clue your being scammed.noshipping insurance: lol.in the usa big clue for a scam.stillwaiting for intellegent e mail.still waiting.hmm ever try a google e mail search i bet you find very little data.

hey offer to stop by in the area where a unicable 4000 is offered will they let you?hmm will the e-mail even get a response.if so stop by any way ,you will find a dead end.ebay does not offer seller data or how many aliases a user uses.

laziboy
Unregistered guest
mr. whitefolks where did you get that scientific atlanta box modded. im so very interested. call up that friend and ask please, thanks.

http://cheap.typepad.com/cheapster/2004/04/cable_descrambl.html

no digital desramblers exist click url

Post Number: 4
from rockys post....pertaining to instructions...

don't buy the unicable u 4000 it's junk
i purchased one you have to use the
usb ports to configure , you need
software, they don't tell you that
i sent them 3 emails, with no answers
they have no idea on how to make this
item work .............if it can???
the users manual is totally useless
it states:
unit must be programmed with software
through usb ports from online services
what online services??
there is no such site anywhere on the
internet....
also there was no power to the usb
ports.........
when i started up box
got a blue java screen with jan 2002
date
it said "t6000" configuration
please enter password, there was a
cursor on the screen..........
but no way to move it,
no remote, i tried 6 different
universal remotes, none worked.......
i tried to hookup the unit to the pc
through the usb ports...........
waste of time...... pc doesn't
reconize any new hardware.......
can't add manually
either....especially if pc doesn't
know something is being connected to
it....

i've been building ,repairing,
programming computers for years....

so i know that its not the pc that
doesn't reconize the unit, or th usb
port that is being used...........

its definately the unit,,,,,,,,,,

JUNK....JUNK....JUNK.........

stay away...........

Post Number: 5
up yours Anonymous,20000 email 15000 phone calls no answer give us a break,post your phone records.sell your unicable 4000 to your self you scammer,or better yet sue me.try posting your e.mail.you liar.

spawned@att.net

Post Number: 6
if the unicable 4000 is so great why wont they offer a refund,another clue your getting screwed.

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Come on Wally scamers always give refunds JJ

Like wally said no digital descramblers, and if you got one that works(Not) I will take 10 no, 100 man these things would be flying out my door.

Late

Username: Rooterdog1

ok, so there are no digital descramblers. Cool. I was looking at those unicable 4000 things on ebay before I came here. So, what I want is a descrambler that just gives me a step up from basic cable. So I can get the history channel (channel 37 in my area). I don't care so much about show time, hbo and stuff but that would be cool too. Boxing would be good, the title fights. I have basic, cheap cable. channels 1 - 32 or something like that. I would like to get channels 1 - 71 or so. Can anyone send me a link to a descrambler on ebay that will work for this, an old school proven one? Thanks.

Mr. Whitefolks
Unregistered guest
The guy that did it is no longer around. However you should be able to find out what it was that he did on the internet somewhere. I am pretty sure all he did was solder something inside the box. I will try and find a site for you to go to.

Mr. Whitefolks
Unregistered guest
Laziboy, I'm not sure because i'm not a "techy" but try looking at this link http://66.40.78.100/Services/TECH_Notes/thirteen.html I think it may help you.

CableGuy
Unregistered guest
OK, here is the scoop from a CATV Engineer, First All programs and services offered by a cable company are coming down the pipe, think of it as a water system, and yes now the pipe flows both ways, so anythin you put in that path can cause questions on the other end. As for the questions regarding cable modem service, if you have a cable modem yes you allready have basic service, just split it off to as many tv's as you need. to date there are no 100% digital cable systems in the US, it is impossible, and illegal, since the must carry act, states all locals have to be carried and all locals are not digital. now as far as the high pass filter yes it will work, but you have to be very very careful, if they ping your box with no response they will be knocking at your door and remember they own that equipment and have the right to get a warrant to come in and get it, and it can and has been done. CATV is much much different than dave, since there is 2 way comunications, with dave we just disconected the phone line to cut this out, CATV uses the same pipe, the return is operated on the low end of the bandwith along with the cable modem service so keep in mind that if the filter is between your modem and the street it will cut out that service also. Just wanted to pass along some notes, but just be very carefull, i am suffering from p4 frustration with most of you, and have always had a cable modem with service split to my tv's for back up, that to me is best since there is nothing added to the data stream for them to pick up, if you add anything that the cable company did not give you they can detect it.!! And yes they do have to tell you when they ping the system, but they do change the times often in mid stream, so you would have to call everyday.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
is their a way to get free payperviev with it if so which one

Post Number: 7
http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/33/d6/8d_1_b.JPG

http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/33/e6/0d_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39804&item=5712230469&rd= 1

has anyone else noticed the same peg board reflection of the unit cover,same scammer to lazy to change location,lol.

also if you revue the buyers comments and then click the item # on the right side,you will notice the comments are not intended for the unicable 4000 unit.as a matter of fact there areno positive comments for the unit,highly misleading.

Post Number: 8
sellers note off ebay on the celebrity u4000:-On Jul-27-04 at 20:31:03 PDT, seller added the following information:

This item was purchased new off ebay. When i got it i had no need to use it so i am selling it and all i know about it is whats in the booklet. Thank You.

now really if the unit worked why would this buyer/now seller want to dump it,if he had no need to use it then why did he buy it in the first place,lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39804&item=5712045392&rd= 1

Anonymous

wally cleaver, what is all this junk that you are writing. you are too smart to make typos, so come out of your shell and tell the whole world that U4000 works. either that or you are a kid who is trying to find more infos about the U4000 but doesn't know how to ask for it. I'll give a few Q's and A's on how to ask an ebuyer about Digital cable box descramblers.
* Does the box need to be activated?
* Does the cable co. needs to know about the box?
* Do i need a card?
* do i connect the box to a phone line?
* Can i reprogram the box from an internet site?
the Q's can go on for as long as you want. but make sure you get A's for your questions, if the seller doesn't give you the correct and wright answer then don't buy. Salam Pease shaloom

Anonymous

One more thing. this forum is not about you wally cleaver spawned@att.net, it's about digital cable box descrambler, so ask Q's or give A's OR stop writing negative comments....

Post Number: 9
hey Anonymous what is you angle?lol.the u4000 seller gives the standard generic answers,bottom line it does not work.like i said before you can sue me.the u4000 seller wont give answers to the right questions...duh.

Post Number: 10
hey Anonymous you say in a previous post you purchased a u4000 how bout posting the manual you scammer,you also ask does the unit need to be initialized,dont you know ,hmm you say you bought one,then you ask:Can i reprogram the box from an internet site,well what is the internet url(site)or adress so we all can take a look at it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
another thing on the u4000 unit,there is no infra-red reciever on the unit,so how do you change channels,how does the signal get to the tuner?why does it have a hole in the front,why wont the seller show what the rear looks like?remote controls do not work but the seller will tell you they do,how?i have 20 years expierence in electronics and this damn thing makes no sense what so ever.thereis no channel indicater on the unit...am i making sense to anyone?

so there are no descramblers for digital cable? what if you buy your own digital cable box that the cable companies rent to you, will that act as a descrambler, or what will it do? Thanx

has anyone tried the TRISTAR ANALOG BOX 2004 XP as a digital cable descrambler? the link is http://www.24-7descramblers.com/digitalcabledescrambler.htm

Anonymous

hey i have a 5100 motorola hdtv box w/filter what is the best way to clear the memory for this model

Anonymous

Wally Cleaver spawned@att.net, You said more than i need to know. so you bought the box, did not work ( you thought u got screwed) and with your 20 years of experience (If so) you couldn't figure out the basic operation of a box. The website is there to download the software to prog the box, just ask me for it 'n say please. i'll be happy to help.

Anonymous

Put it in the MICROWAVE!!!!!!!!!

hey i have a 5100 motorola hdtv box w/filter what is the best way to clear the memory for this model

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
Anny - For Informational purposes only an Individual would want to try Method 1 on the site I posted in my second post on this thread. An Individual may also want to check how many ppv they have at different points in time, they may do this by powering up the unit (5 sec) then pressing power followed by setup and look in the first menu.

late

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
PLEASE in capital letters,lol,butt wipe,now download the site wanker,and no, i did not buy the unit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
PLEASE in capital letters,lol,butt wipe,now download the site wanker,and no, i did not buy the unit

Username: Brick

Anonymous, i would be very great for the url of the site to program the U4000, i cant find a thing for this.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Anonymous,what typos you carpet muncher,just post the d/l site,.life is that simple.you are much simpler lol.letz see if Anonymous earns the Thorazine of the year award.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ANONYMOUS asks,what is Thorazine... is an anti psychotic drug of low-potency. Used in the treatment of disorganized and psychotic thinking. Also used to help treat false perceptions (e.g. hallucinations or delusions.) Chlorpromazine ( Thorazine ) is also sometimes to treat psychotic children. It may be used to treat sever hiccups or protracted nausea.

Toronto
Unregistered guest
Do the filters and clearing of box work in Toronto Canada using Rogers Cable? I have a Scientific Atlantic Explorer 3100. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
you can not use a anolog box box as a digital descrambler,same premise if you buy a dct_any model from ebay most are stolen or left over from previous users,in effect why would the catv companys turn it on for you,you are wasting your money.would you gas a stolen car if you was a gas station attendent and the thief wanted to gas up your car that was just stolen ,same with the catv industry.tv's with digital catv tuners are coming by the end of this year.

http://www.dtvmax.com/main.htm

im not going to post trash at least i leave reference sites,unlike ANONYMOUS the THORAZINE junkie.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
ANONYMOUS here is a url for the dct_5100 manual,
http://support.charter.com/EMSArticles/CATVSupport/CableBox/Motorola_DCT_5100.pd f unlike you and many like you i also have what you dont have access to a full electronic S-C-H-E-M-A-T-I-C,ON ALL dct units .unlike you have wish you had the intellect to know what that is.can you say DUH.as in my previous posts i give exact data on reset but as usual most people cant click a url or read previous posts its beyond their first grade intellect,to read the manual you need to down load ADOBE acrobat reader.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
hey ANONYMOUS,you teaser post the site adress for the u4000 .download site,maybe i'll send ya a schematic,but then again,maybe i wont.that is a language you can understand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us