I need help with my Sandisk mp3 player

Username: Karriebird2004

Post Number: 1
I hope someone can help me. I just got sandisk not to long ago and it is already not working. It wont let me delete songs, and it says not enough DB please free 2mb. The stupid thing is not even full. When i hook it to my computer is says the music is on my player, but when i unhook it it says theres nothing on it. i need some serious help with my mp3. thanks.

Username: Zwhitr

Post Number: 2
Are you using Windows media player 10? my drive would not recognize songs put on by my other computer until I loaded MP10. I dont like being strapped to an os other than that its the bomb!

z

Post Number: 3
Yeah i tried that, it still will not let me delete my songs. I then tried to reformat it, and it wont let me do that either. got any other ideas i could try? I really like my sandisk, but it is not very user friendly.

Try to go into the menu settings and change the usb---auto-detect
---MSC

I just changed mine and now it looks like a regular device in exlorer now try and reformat I have tried it and it works fine but I can assume no responsibility for any adverse action you get good luck

let me know how it turns out

Post Number: 4
Yeah ive tried that before it still will not format. Do you have a m240 1gb?

Yes I have the 1Gig model

karrie

What do you mean it won't let you format it.

Here is a little util for formating usb devices it might work try this link
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hiren.thanki/downloads/files/usb_format.exe

ps.thanks for helping me find out that setting of usb>msc now I have a 1 gig jump drive/mp3 player can't wait til i try it on linux

z

Post Number: 5
lol! your welcome. Thanks for all your help. The darn thing still would not work, so i took it back to Best Buy today, they gave me store credit because they were all sold out of the 1gb, so now i got to find something else to buy, got any ideas? I will look at the site, it might help me with my new mp3 that i get. Hey did u also know that if u go to the www.sandisk.com site that there is an update for the m240 1gb model. Its called a firm ware update. thanks for your help.

Username: Croodles

Louisville , KY United States

to anyone who can help! i got a sandisk mp3 player back in feb. and its messing up already. when ever i try to put songs on it, it says "the requested resource is in use". i dont know what to do! although it lets me remove the songs from it, it does not allow me to put new songs on it. i've tried this on three other computers and they all say the same thing. if there's any possible thing i can do, please tell me. i would be very greatful. thanks.

Post Number: 6
Yeah, i had a problem similar with the sandisk mp3 too. They are not very user friendly, i had alot of problems with it. have u tried to format ur mp3 on the computer? also you can go to the website www.sandisk.com and get an update for it if it is the 1GB model. let me know i can tell u how to get the update on the site.

i'm also not so good at computers... can u walk me through how to format it from my computer, so i can try that and see where that gets me?

Kayleen

Refer to my previous post on how to format.

You will need to change to this setting on the mp3 player if you are using media player 10 in windows. Other wise when new device pops up go to my computer double click and right-mouse click on the device drive e: .... which ever is your mp3 player (if it does not show up as a drive letter and says sandisk m240 or something like that then you have media player 10 and you will need to change the setting on your mp3 player)

once you have right clicked on the drive a context menu will pop up, click format then ok to format-------- make sure this is the device you want to delete. It will delete all data and songs on you current mp3 player.

give me you email addy and i will get you some screen shots

z

Post Number: 7
to get that update for your mp3 go to www.sandisk.com, click mp3 players, then click the m200series, then over to the side in a box it says firmware update click that, then download it to ur computer, and when it does pop up to download click save and save it to your desktop. after it is download it should automatically take u through the next steps. see if that would help.

thank you soooo much. you just saved me from wasting my good money to buy a whole new mp3 player. I tried Karrie's idea first and it worked. Since that sounded like the easier of the two i decided to try one and then i'd to the other if that one didnt work. Oh, my goodness, i am soooo greatful to you both, you have no idea. lol. thanks again.
much love,
Kayleen

btw, my email adress is CSI3sarasidle@aim.com if you guys wanna talk.

Username: Ineedhelp2

I can't get the automatic/manuel box to come up. It came up the first time but I accidentally clicked out of it. I can't get my music on to he mp3 player without it. What do I do?

Post Number: 8
what box u talking about? what does the box usually say?

Username: Mkvl1490

Post Number: 5
My problem is that i will give the song an artist name, but when i go to play it it says unknown artist. Not all songs just some

k,
did u try restarting your comp? 'cause whenever i plug my mp3 in, it gives me that option. Also, try opening Windows Media Player and then pluging in your mp3. Let me know if it helps.

MKVL1490,
my computer is doing the same thing at the moment, and i'm trying to figure it out. So just hang on a while. i'll see what i can do.

Post Number: 9
if you get on the internet while ur in windows media player and theres a thing somewhere that should say find info about cd, and it will find all the info of the songs and everything on the cd for you so when u download it on ur mp3 it will say what song.

Username: Cerealbox

I have the same problem mentioned here by MKVL1490 concerning files having unknown artist, and unknown album when other songs from the same album were loaded at the same time and are fine. Has anyone made any progress in solving this problem?

Username: Gooddogandie

I have a sandisk sansa m240 and it keeps turning on when i press it it goes through the beginning ads like normal, but then it shuts off. it turns on again without me touching it goes through th ads again and shuts off. it does this over and over again. any ideas???
ps.it also wont respand to the USB cable.

Post Number: 10
sounds like u will have to call the tech support for your sandisk. sorry.

Username: Phreeck

Im pretty sure that this isn't too big of a deal, but I can't use MTP with my m240 but I think I can use MSC. I can't use winamp to transfer the files onto it unless it's MTP other wise I have to manually find every file I want to put on it. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Username: Nicolechartrand

i have a problem with my sandisk mp3 player. It lets me delete songs, but i dont know how to delete my voice recordings! Please, if you know how to help me, post something! Thanks alot.

Username: Johnspruett

I am trying to fix my sansa too from SanDisk

Username: Djmaddog

i have a problem with m240 when i copy the songs i can listen to it once because when i shut it off and turn it back on i can see the files and i can play it but i cant hear anything any idea how to fix this

Username: K_kittel

how do i delete songs off my sandisk sansa m240 1 g. mosel mp3 player?

how do i delete songs off my sandisk, m240, 1 gb. mp3 player?

I don't know where this will post but here goes.

The Sandisk will accidently let you load improperly formated data onto it and once you do the disk is corrupted and the only thing you can do is politely go to the retailer and ask for an exchange. You can prevent this by only loading the proper formats onto the disk. Most of the time this error can be avoided by not clicking "synch" while playing streaming media. Try to keep the types of data loaded to the ones recommended on the box. My box says, "MP3, WMA, secure WMA and Audible audio file formats. Anything else and you are right back to returning it to the retailer. If you go beyond 30 days you wil have go to be extra polite or be willing to shell out $8 for an extended warranty on the exchange. Happy listening. The SanDisk players are great if you stay within the recommended formats. If you venture outside, they won't be worth the headache of continually having to return them.

how do i delete songs off my sandisk, m240, 1 gb. mp3 player?

Username: Courtneykroll

Oakland, MI USA

I have a sandisk e200 and it's been acting up lately. I went to turn it on today and a message said "load main image failed switch to recovery mode." i have no idea how to get to recovery mode. it doesnt say anywhere on the manuel or on the website. can anyone help me? PLEASE?!

Username: Minimom

MY sandisk mp3 player seems to be stuck on the pause mode in the recordings after i deleted some stuff please help me thanks

Username: Soil

I need help I recently uninstalled windows service pack sp2 and deleted everything (Including the folders) off my mp3 player and now whenever I add songs they don't show up on the mp3 player but they should be their because the megabites they take up are still missing, so what do you suggest I do? I've done everything in this thread but I still have this problem. Please help I don't want to return my 2nd mp3 player in 3 months :-(

Username: Soil

I fixed it on my own :-)

Username: Randynature

Houston, Texas USofA

Hmm, new member here ... and all of this thread is not exactly inspiring to Mr. New SanDisk M240 owner me.
Myyyyyy prob is, I put some .wma files on my SD that I ripped onto it and, they show up in the window .... but won't play with any amount of coaxing. I see the empty progress bar just sitting there ... but ...won't play.

I just downloaded the latest firmware from SanDisk (thanks for the quick link from prev post!) and am going to try that .... but ... hey ... any idears? :-)
RN

Username: Randynature

Houston, Texas USofA

Hi ... me again ...let me add that my comment about, "..and all of this thread is not exactly inspiring to Mr. New SanDisk M240 owner me.", was not against all your great info and responses ... I just meant that I'm concerned about all the probs people are obviously having with this unit.
Okay ... thanks!

Username: Shortie

my sandisk mp3 player wont connect to the computer and let me put any songs on it

Username: Kborgstrand

How do you unprotect an audio file in Window Media Player 10?

Username: Soobahkey

Help....I have a Sandisk M240 MP3 Player which my Windows XP SP2 Desktop will not recognize. I plug it in, windows finds it, trys to install it,
but fails to sucessfully load drivers for it saying "USB Device Not nrecognized". Tried all USB ports, same problem. Other USB 2.0 devices work fine...flash drives, digital cameras, etc.
Tested the device ons someone else's laptop and it manages to recognize it. Called Sandisk support.....they were useless !!! Just told me to use it on another computer....

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 603
Going on a trip soon and wanted an inexpensive and easy way to bring along some music so picked up a 512mb Sandisk mp3 player for $44.95 at CC. So far not too impressed. Last night as a test I loaded about a dozen songs on it and then got the message above about needing to free up 8mb. After trying various things to no avail, I decided I'd take it back in the morning. It has the latest firmware so updating that wasn't an option. As a last ditch effort I decided to re-format the player through WinXP. That seemed to fix it somewhat - I can now add and see songs from my laptop. But when I hook it up to my deskside pc, it doesn't recognize any of the songs added from my laptop. So I added mp3's from my deskside pc, and....you guessed it...my laptop won't recognize those mp3's. Thankfully the player itself recognizes all the mp3s but what a kludgey setup. Both my laptop and my deskside are running Windows Media Player V10, and WinXP Pro. Has anyone else seen this strange behavior? If so, am I missing something obvious here?

Username: Deepak9705

hi i purchesd sandisk m240 last week.I tried to update my firmware from sandisk m240.After it done sucess fully,I switched it OFF.Now wen i tried to switched it ON,It is not getting ON & Windows is not recognising it.
Please help

The firmware update may have reset it to the MTP or "Auto Detect" USB mode in which case it won't show up on your PC as another drive, in my case +Sansa m260 (H: ). It should however show up in WMP under the sync tab. If it isn't showing up there try taking the battery out of the unit for a minute or so and then reinserting it. That might reset it. I would however recommend that you set it to "MSC" mode unless you use a subscription service, in which case you may need to run in MSC.

Username: Sunil_jayasheel

Bangalore

Hi I was copying songs from computer to mp3player, due unavoidable reason I cancelled and removed the usb port from the computer. From that time my mp3 player is not showing anything. Please help me on this issue.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 616
Try rebooting your pc and let the OS rediscover your USB port.

Username: Nj22

i also need help with my sandisk i got it at x-mas and it wont turn on ive tryed changing the battery a couple tmes but it wont work!!! please help school is startibng soon and I would like to use it on the bus!!

Username: Mocktherock

I'm having that problem with the Unknown Artist/Album and it's using the FILE name, not the song title...

I just bought the m240, 1GB model yesterday and spent loads of time uploading songs...only to discover that it wasn't sorting/naming them correctly.

It was suggested that you find the album info using Windows Media Player, well...the problem with this is the fact that I HAVE...and it doesn't change anything.

So, please excuse my insanely frustrated language, but what the hell can I do to get the correct information to show?

mocktherock, I have had this problem with a new m260 since I purchased it. I haven't found anyway to fix it. I think I'm finally going to send it to Sandisk for repair.

G -

Username: Songlessinsf

my sandisk mp3(the 512 ver) cannot be recognized and continuously flashes"initializing" on the player.....any clues as to a fix? thanx in advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Have you ever tried to download updates for it from their website. I dont remeber how to do it, but theres an update on their website.

Silver Member
Username: Shantao

Homewood, IL USA

Post Number: 141
about the "problem with the Unknown Artist/Album and it's using the FILE name, not the song title... "

Those songs, for whatever reason, do not have proper ID3 tags. In LIBRARY in Windows Media 10, find the song. Right Click on it and a menu will open.

You have 2 options. The first, Find file information - will search the net to find it. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

Option 2 is Edit song info - this opens the ID3 tag editor. Just add artist, album name, etc, and save it.

Resync the player and you will no longer get the unknown artist, etc. message.

Username: Rob_petrini

So I have the Sandisk M240 and when I connect it to my Mac Mini it says "not enough DB please free 4mb." However, when I go back to the player and try to format it through the menu, it will say the same message and not allow me to access the menu.

Any ideas??? I really don't want to get rid of this thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yeah my players said that too, i got tired of trying to fix it, i had to return mine and i got another brand.

I went to exchange my SanDisk. I have been careful not to put streaming media or anything other than what is written on the instructions an dth box as to the types of media it will work with. If even one wrong media gets on there, there is no way I know of to clear it off and be back to normal. From what I have read on here and from my personal experience, returning it is the only option. If they give you grief, show them a print out of this discussion group or contact management with SanDisk. all for now. john

Username: Dawes

RE Unknown Artist/Album:

I have the same problem with my C140 and in my case its not because the ID3 tags are missing or incomplete. I have an unknown artist folder that usually contains 3-4 songs (over 400 tracks on player right now). The funny thing is that these tracks can change as I add new songs to the player. In other words, the player moves one track into the Unknown which pushes another one out. The pushed out one then shows up in its proper location under the correct artist. This is REALLY strange and I can find no rationale for it whatsoever. All the ID3 tags are complete and I manually enter each one using Windows Media Player 10.

Anybody else have this problem? Its not a big deal becuase it only affects less than 1% of my tracks - plus it only moves the tracks and does not make them unplayable(?).

Sean

Username: Haligal

Re: Unknown artist/album.
For me, the problem wasn't ID3 tags, it was mp3s with bitrates over 128 kbps. I downloaded some shareware to convert the files (and checked the tags) and everything worked perfectly.

Username: Joshnbecky33

I just bought my Sandisk m240 a few days ago. I downloaded a few songs last night and everything was working fine. This morning when I turned it on all it says is Sansa m240 1.0GB. I can't access the menu or play any songs. I tried turning it on and off, as well as taking the battery out and putting it back in. It seems to be stuck on this screen. Any ideas?

Username: Ac_dc

HI all,
My experience has been it is best to keep your player in autodetect mode. Upload your songs with WMP10, including songs you are ripping from CD, (Also, let WMP detect the album you ripped each time you rip, so you can be sure of the album it came from).
Songs uploaded in drag and drop mode, UMS/MSC mode may show up in autodetect mode (MTP), but will not usually play because of DRM settings.
Format your player in WMP if you ever need to. You can do this by clicking the 'Sync' tab, choosing the correct device on the right side drop down list, and clicking the format device icon, the icon on the far right side above the device drop down list. You will lose your songs, but not the pertinent system files needed for your player to operate.
IF you decide to use UMS mode to drag and drop, then use it all the time, BUT, you will not be able to play songs you purchase online...
IF your player won't detect via usb, and the USB port is installed properly, take out the battery, put the hold button in lock position, and plug in the usb cord, format or update firmware if the unit detects, put the battery back in before you unplug the unit.
ALWAYS stop the device in UMS mode... people using MTP (autodetect) are not used to having to do this... but you can lose important data or corrupt data, if you do not click on the remove hardware icon in the lower rt corner of your bottom taskbar.
Hope this helps someone, and any corrections to my advise are welcome, and of course, I can't be liable for any mistakes... Cheers, Ter'

Username: Thedolphin

RE: 1% UNKNOWN ALBUM/ARTISTS PROBLEM

I'm talking here about the problem that 1% of your songs have unknown artists/album/genre, and it's not because of your media player, model or ID tags.

There is a pattern in which song is unknown or not! I don't know what, but there really is, I'm positively sure. Every 100 songs, there is one and exactly one that is unknown.

For now I just add the unknown songs another time in my mp3 player, in another folder, let's name it "unknown", so I have 2 of the songs in total. Of course, the unknown songs change when you unplug your mp3 player. But then, I check the new one, and replace the ones in my "unknown" folder by the new unknown songs, and bingo!

For now I'm trying to see what the pattern is exactly to guess which will be the unknown songs, so I could switch them for like, 1 second-songs.

Username: Cazabam

The Dolphin: I have had exactly the same experience as you; the unknown tags appear exactly 1 for every 100 tracks I have on the player. If I put exactly 100 tracks on there, they are all recognised, but if I put 101 then I get a single Unknown. This is repeatable, and sure enough, goes up to 2 Unknowns if I put 201 tracks on the player.

I haven't figured out the pattern of which song it is, but as I encode at 320Kb I don't get many more than 100 songs on the player anyway. If I just limit myself to 100 I can temporarily work around the issue.

Of course, if it really is (as it seems) an issue with the number of tracks, and not corruption or missing tags, then it sounds like a simple firmware bug. Fingers crossed that Sandisk get this one sorted soon!

Username: Thedolphin

I really tried to know what the pattern is (cause there is one, because it looks like there is a limited choice of unknown songs).

But as I tried to correct them, bugs were just getting worse. For example, I replaced an unknown song by another one, same name, same informations, same everything, but not the same song. The new one was about one second long. Then, the unknown song was not the same anymore, but the next on the list (by title, but I don't know how they sort it, file name, title or other...). Then I replaced my one-second song by the original, and the unknown song... remained the next in list. What the heck?

And during the procedure, the other unknown song (since I had about 200 and some musics) was always the same.

Anyway, I returned it to the store, and now I have an iPod.

Username: Flloh

wow this is a long forum and im going to add to is. well every time i plug my sansa thing up to the comp. it says that theres a new hardware and i cant find it on the comp. which means i cant download songs onto it for some reason. could someone please help me before i break the stupid thing!

Username: Sedakai

ahhh i need alot of help ok i have my m240 andwhen i try to turn it on it stays at the sansa start up screen for hours and hours never changes i plug it into my pc samething but if i hold the power button it shuts off in 10 sec but it doesnt show the power off screen

Username: Cliffyiscool

i need help utting songs on my Sansa m240 1GB MP3 Player i cant find it on my computer i put it in every usb slot but i cant find it on computer to put the songs on i just got it please help me

Username: Ezza821

hi got a mp3 player after connecting to the firmware software it wont turn on and my computer wont recognise it

Username: Adam_l

SkutksarSweden

I need some serious help here. Im begining to lose control.. The damn Sandisk tells me: Refresh database fail. Wich means!? All my musik that i had put in it dissapeard but the videos and pic's were still there. And when i try to delete all the videos and pics it wont work. The Sandisk does not appear on my computer, and when it does all the space my musik took still is there... AND I DON'T HAVE ANY MUSIK LEFT ON IT! Help me... I beg for it. Got it as a christmas present //Adam

Username: Adam_l

SkutksarSweden

Please send me un answer to MoonmanD@hotmail.com

Username: Cowpatties

My sister and I both got the SanDisk m240 player. Mine works just fine when plugged into the USB port but her's doesn't even register. Is there some sort of special thing you have to do when there is more than one player being used? I tried looking on their website but there was nothing and there is no E-mail address for the US and Canada only numbers to call (and I don't fancy waiting on hold for 10 years).
Thnx

Username: Trelea

hi,
I'm having problems with my new sandisk mp3 player...
When I download a cd onto the device, windows explorer shows that the whole cd has downloaded. When I unplug the device and browse though the files on it only a few of the tracks show.
Sometimes the first three tracks, sometimes random tracks from the middle of the cd...there seems to be no pattern. I''m not sure why but on plugging the thing back into the computer the files appear on the device.
Any ideas, suggestions or advice?

Username: Tomo_k

Hi, I need help....
I put a few songs on my mp3 player and want to get them off now. I hook up the player to my computer to browse the songs to choose which ones to delete, but the ones I want to get rid of don't appear. What do I do?
Note: These are 5 songs uploaded from a different computer and by a completely different artist than my others.

Username: Monique21

I'm having some trouble deleteing some of my downloaded songs when I would record they would delete; but since I've downloaded no matter what I do thay just won't delete. So if you have any suggustionsfor me please respond back...
Thank You,
Monique }

Username: Quo_vadis

PA

I turned my Sandisk m240 and all it says is Sansa m240 1.0GB. I can't access the menu or play any songs. I tried turning it on and off, as well as taking the battery out and putting it back in. I took out the battery and plugged it into the USB and that does not help. It seems to be stuck on this screen. I see others had this problem but no answers. Any ideas?

Username: Muzikluver1234

my sandisk says system restart and then "refreshes the database" but the songs that i just downloaded arent on my sandisk.. and just a few minutes ago i was trying to delete the songs then reput them on there and it was "refreshing the database" and its frozen or stuck on the "refresh database"

Username: Sheesh745

Hi....I have a Sansa e270 mp3 player, I just got it a few months ago, but now whenever I turn it on a screen pops up and says Database refresh and then it takes a few minutes to load and then say database refresh failed. I want to fix the problem so it doesn't take forever to start, nothing else seems to be going wrong.
I would love it if anyone new how to help!!! Thank you!!!

Username: Faaizah12

Waterloo, Ontario Canada

im have problems! i got the m240 mp3 player sandisk and its worked perfectly til right now!! as i turn it on, the welcome screen comes on.. and STAYS ON!! it freezes!i have tried everything plus i lost my reciept please help me someone i dont know what to do i tried everrything

Waterloo, Ontario Canada

i have problems! i got the m240 mp3 player sandisk and its worked perfectly til right now!! as i turn it on, the welcome screen comes on.. and STAYS ON!! it freezes!i have tried everything plus i lost my reciept please help me someone i dont know what to do i tried everrything pleasee

Waterloo, Ontario Canada

please is anyone going to help me no one is i tried calling sandisk they cant do anything i changed the battery and still nothing i really need help i got the m240 mp3 player sandisk and its worked perfectly til right now!! as i turn it on, the welcome screen comes on.. and STAYS ON!! it freezes!i have tried everything plus i lost my reciept please help me someone i dont know what to do i tried everrything pleasee my email is faaizah10@hotmail.com

Username: Bobizumi

I think it's a defective product. I've had 2 freeze -- the original and the replacement. Nevertheless here is an email from their technical support:

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support, and for your recent inquiry into our product line.

We do apologize for any inconveniences that this issue may have caused you.

We recommend that you perform power recycle on your m240. This is to drain the MP3 player of excess power, thus making it work again. The procedures are as follows:

1. Take the battery out of the Sansa m240 player.
2. While the battery is out, plug the Sansa m240 player into a USB port, preferably a rear one or a self powered USB hub, on the computer.
3. If the screen is blank, try a different USB port. If the computer is a laptop, try this procedure on a desktop before moving on to the next step.
4. If the screen reads "USB Connected" when the Sansa m240 player is plugged in with no battery, unplug the Sansa m240 player.
5. Hold the "Menu Button" (Power Button) for 45 seconds.
6. Connect it to the computer again (still without the battery).
7. If the screen once again reads "USB Connected," disconnect the Sansa m240 player and insert a new battery which has never been previously used.
8. Try powering on the Sansa m240 player.

If it didn't work, please repeat the process again but now hold the power button for 2 minutes and wait for at least 5 minutes before plugging in new set of batteries.

You can also format the player. This issue may be due to some sort of file or system corruption on the m240 itself. We should try formatting the m240 as a possible solution as this correct all possible corrupted files in the player, thus, making it usable again.

NOTE: Please be aware that formatting is a normal and necessary method of drive maintenance and repair, and simply NOT formatting periodically can cause a drive to slip into failure due to the backup, and clutter of residual data. The firmware update enables your product to fix bugs, software updates and functionality enhancement of the device.

Caution: Formatting will erase all information on the Sansa mp3 player. Please be sure to have a back up of all the information before proceeding.

Please note: The Sansa m240 mp3 series are supported ONLY on Windows XP as the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode will function, only on Windows XP and it requires Windows Media Player version 10 in order to function properly.

Also, MTP mode will not give you the FAT or FAT32 option. As soon as you select format, it will begin the operation, and format it accurately.

Before formatting, please set your m240 to MSC (Mass Storage Class) mode. When in MSC mode, the player will shop up as a Removable Drive under My Computer window.

Setup Mode to MSC

1) Tap your menu button and select "Settings" > "USB".
2) On this screen, make sure that there is a check next to "MSC" and NOT "Auto Detect".

If you cannot access your m240 to convert to MSC mode, please have the "HOLD" button "ON" so that you can have your m240 in MSC mode.

To format the m240 on your PC, let us connect the m240 to your computer on an USB port preferably located near the power hub or to an external self powered USB hub, go to "My Computer", single right click on the "Removable Disk" associated with your m240, and select "Format". On Windows XP, let us please make sure that, under FILE SYSTEM, we change FAT32 to FAT, and then single left click "Start". This will erase all data off the m240 and correct errors on it, which should make the m240 usable again.

We also recommend formatting the m240 another way. Please be advised that formatting will erase all data.

It requires Windows XP:

Please right click on my computer and select "Manage". When "Computer Management" comes up, please click on "Disk Management" on the left hand side. After clicking on "Disk Management" you should now have a list of drives in the right side panel. On the right, look for the m240, it may show up as Disk 1, 2, 3... Removable Disk. Right click on the larger "Volume" rectangular icon to the right of the Removable disk and select "Format" choosing FAT. If you do not have the format option, please select "New Partition" and just keep clicking next through the Wizard that appears.

After formatting the m240, please do try your m240.

If applicable, please go the link below to download the firmware update for your m240. Updating the firmware will enhance the functionality of the player as well as will get rid of all the bugs and errors. The link is:

Sansa m240 Firmware:
http://sandisk.com...
or http://www.sandisk.com...

If formatting and firmware update in your computer is not possible, please do try the process again on another Windows XP computer.

Please reply with the results.

If all else fails, the player is defective and needs to be replace.

Kindly return the player from place of purchase, it is still under the 30 day return policy.

Should you have any further inquiries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via Email.

Best regards,
Anthony John Miles G.
SanDisk Technical Support

Username: Quo_vadis

PA

They told me that and also this:

If all else fails, we recommend that you perform power recycle on your m200. This is to drain the MP3 player of excess power, thus making it work again. The procedures are as follows:

1. Take the battery out of the Sansa m200 player.
2. While the battery is out, plug the Sansa m200 player into a USB port, preferably a rear one or a self powered USB hub, on the computer.
3. If the screen is blank, try a different USB port. If the computer is a laptop, try this procedure on a desktop before moving on to the next step.
4. If the screen reads ?USB Connected? when the Sansa m200 player is plugged in with no battery, unplug the Sansa m200 player.
5. Hold the "Menu Button" (Power Button) for 45 seconds.
6. Connect it to the computer again (still without the battery).
7. If the screen once again reads ?USB Connected,? disconnect the Sansa m200 player and insert a new battery which has never been previously used.
8. Try powering on the Sansa m200 player.

If the above procedures (power cycle) didn't work, please repeat the process again but now hold the power button for 2 minutes and wait for at least 5 minutes before plugging in new set of batteries.

--------------------------
I told them that that didn't fix the problem so they told me to return the item to the store. I suggest that everyone do the same thing and buy a panasonic instead.

Username: Tj_ward

Wvc, Utah America

im having trouble with my sansa m240...i want to delete certain songs off of it but they dont show up...and ive realized they are the songs that i put on from mp3 cds...the ones where files are so small that you can put like 5 different whole cds on one cd...they just dont show up anywhere but on my mp3.....help! please!!

Username: Wren

i have a 4 gb sansa e200 (model e260). A few days ago i tried to play a song that normally works, but instead of playing it the mp3 froze and restarted itself. Now what it does is take a long time to start, then ask for my language preference (which it never did before). I can get through the menus and delete and add music but when i go to play a song it freezes (making lines across the screen) and repeats the process.
i really don't want to return it. help!

Username: Rosa

Whenever I plug the usb into the computer to transfer songs and I use Windows Media Player 10
it says there was an error and I haven't been able to put any songs on..but ive done it before and one day i was listning to the music and the next day it said Not enough space for music DB please delete 8MB???how can i get my mp3 player to work again HELP ME PLEASE}

Username: Beba121

New britian, Ct Untied states

i hope some one can tell me why my Sandisk mp3 player want let me play my music it jus shuts off everytime i try to play the song what should i do???}

Username: Xrockerrogersxx

Rowlett, Texas United states

i need some help, i got a few songs i want to delete but when i connected it to the computer, i couldn't find the mp3 files that i wanted to delete so there stuck on my mp3 player. can anyone help me out? and i have a sandisk m240 1gb so yeah

Username: Mapkiller

ok my computer wont even detect my m240 player and I don't want to return it, also it freezes on the main screen and I've pretty much tried everything, can anyone help me out?

Username: Unseeable_shadow

Silverdale, Washington

my sandisk 2 gb mp3 player keeps saying load main image failed switch to recovery mode but when i do switch to recovery mode it dosnt fix it what do i do?

Username: Zerolover

hey guys i have a problem

i put some songs on my mp3 player using windows media player

and it doesnt reconize them. it says that there are no tracks on it.

and i cant take them off.

any ideas whats going on?

Username: Milklover130

Ny

my sandisk e260 mp3 player wont let me put songs onto it ive tried and it says syncing to device or file is already on device or error then when its done i unplug it from the computer go to play a song and it says there is no songs what should i do?

Username: Siakitty

M240. Running on Vista, a Dell computer, and manually placing files in via windows explorer.

Okay guys, I think I've got a fixing here. It solved ALL my problems:

~My 2 desktop computers would not view files put into the player from each other
~My favorites option was gone. Completely.
~My player would occationally reeze on the welcome screen

I called the customer service line and they were pretty confused, but we eventually sorted things out. What you want to do is most likely update your MP3 player's internal coding and stuff. Do so by following these instrucions:

Head to www.sandisk.com, and click on "Downloads". Under the "Sansa" heading, click "Sansa Firmware Updater". Download the file, and follow the instructions to update your firmware or whatever it's called.

Hope this helps!

Username: Daveleh

re post https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=15118&post=937373#POST937373

concerning unknown album/artist. I too am having this problem with a Sandisk m250.

My setup is:
Mandriva Linux 2008
Kernel 2.6.22.12-laptop-1mdv
Media player - Amarok 1.4
File Manager - Krusader
m250 in MSC mode

The problem I am having is that all my tracks show up as 'correct title'/'Unknown Album'/'Unknown Artist'.

One of the previous posts suggested that this was a random occurrence, however as stated this happens with all my tracks (412). Another post suggested that this was due to the bitrate of affected tracks being over 128. With this in mind I copied across 20 or so tracks with bitrates below 128. Still the same. BTW all tracks show correctly in all media players on my laptop and also used to show correctly on my wife's iRiver (until that went belly up recently - which is why I purchased this Sandisk)

So far I have sent two emails to support@sandisk.com but am still waiting for a response.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what I should try now.

Regards

Dave Le Huray
Guernsey

Username: Om_shashi

BANGALORE, KARNATAKA INDIA

my sansa express mp3 2gb usbdrive is not getting opened .if i double click on icon of sansa it will display

" PLEASE INSERT NEW DISK "

WHAT TO DO I AM REALLY TENSED UP?

Username: Milostone

San Jose, CA USA

If you're looking for more information the Sansa Clip you should give Amazingtechproducts.com a visit. I stumbled upon the site when I was shopping for an MP3 player and they had a good product demo video on there. If you're on the fence about buying it, or you just want to see how it works, it was a really cool option. It's one thing to read a bunch of reviews about a product, but it's another to see it in action and find out just how well it works. It made my shopping for an MP3 player much easier, and it might help you too.

Username: Abbye

Seems that e200 players are more complicated to handle than new ones. I've just got Sansa Fuze and no issues with it for now

Username: Gtbaby

umm guys can you help me out i need to kno how to delete songs on my mp3 sumbodii plseee help me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us