Jan

Don't put Paul in that!

I have no problem with him!

OK!

You play dangerously now!

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 108
Of course the place to start is with the person who instigates the ugliness by showing people disrespect the instant he meets them. You know the guy who deliberately goes out of his way to put his worst foot forward, then keeps pushing issues until he gets what he deserves, then cries to the administration. Sort of like putting your car in neutral and reving it to see what will happen, then filing a lawsuit against the car maker when the engine blows up. That sounds like a certain JV I know!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15277
superjazzyJa(me)s

Keep it smooth now with them, don't enter in their play which is expulse you from the site.

Your account is not in danger as long that you are able to discuss, reply by bashing only on bashing, admin read all threads and can see who is the troublemaker.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
I know Plymouth and thanks for your concern. Your level headed logic is what helped me keep my cool as long as I did. I just wanted to make sure that where my agitation began didn't slip through the cracks at all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
I know Plymouth and thanks for your concern. Your level headed logic is what helped me keep my cool as long as I did. I just wanted to make sure that where my agitation began didn't slip through the cracks at all.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15282
Thanks for your support and your comprehension!

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Thank YOU Plymouth! it'll be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15427

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=1906509#POST1906509
and forward.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=1906740#POST1906740

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=1909407#POST1909407

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=1909091#POST1909091

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=1909184#POST1909184

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
Hey Jan! Let's suspend the whole ignoring thing for just a moment shall we? Because I have a challenge for you. Since you're so into challenges, I thought you might like this one.

I am going to prove you wrong on one of 2 things that you stated to your friends. Which one will depend on your actions. You said that ignoring me will "starve me of attention" I am going to prove that either A) you are not capable of ignoring me for an entire month or B) Ignoring me will not starve me of anything at all.

Here's how it works: Starting Monday morning at midnight 12:00 am central according to the national weather service on Monday October 25, 2010 and ending midnight on Thursday November 25, 2010 (Thanksgiving Day), you will not be allowed to talk to me or refer to me at all on any thread in any forum at all. No matter what I say, no matter how strongly you dissagree, you can't say a word about it. You have to pretend I don't exist. I on the other hand can talk to you and make references to you and what you say, but I can't make insulting remarks to or about you.

If during this time, I insult you just once, I lose. If by Thanksgiving I am so distraught and "starved of attention", I lose.

If during this time you speak to me or make references to me of any kind at all, you lose. So if I say something to you or ask you a question or refer to you, and someone should ask you why you don't respond to me, you can't answer them. I'll have to answer them.

Whoever loses has until Thanksgiving Day to cancel his membership on ecoustics and never come in here again. Coming back under a different nickname is not allowed and it would be obvious to everyone if one of us did.

If you say no or don't respond 11:59:59 central tomorrow night you will have lost your only chance to get rid of me forever! If you say yes before 11:59:59 tomorrow night, you and I will be able to speak to each other until the start time. But insults of any kind won't be allowed. The first one of us to insult the other in that time will lose the challeng before it begins. Do we have a deal? I'll be looking for your answer here in this particular thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
Oh, btw Jan, you do have to make posts at least once every 2 days in threads in the audio forum for this challenge to work.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4357
Jan: 15,430 posts
James: 123 posts

Pretty safe to say Jan is not going anywhere.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
We'll see David.....

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4364
Yup.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15516
I miss Paul, with his Bose rear speakers and receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
Only a little over 6 hours left for Jan to decide. What's it gonna be? Will Jan Vigne pass up an opportunity to get rid of me forever? Time is ticking away. Remember Jan, if you don't answer befeore the clock strikes 12 central tonight, the opportunity is gone for ever. How confident are you in your ability to ignore me for a whole month? How confident are you that "starving me of attention" (attention I never wanted in the 1st place) will cause me to just crumble and leave? Why aren't any of Jan's supporters encouraging him? If it's really important to get rid of me....There are 2 ways I can lose 1) Insult you, 2) Crumble under the emotional weight of being ignored by you. Only one way you can lose: Talk to me just once before Thanksgiving Day! How about it Jan?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4370
Ummm, James? How about you just give it up?

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Well David, I guess I just can't believe he'd pass this up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
Just over 4 hours.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
....and the answer is "No!" That's right folks, Jan passed up a once in a life time chance to get rid of me forever! Why? Because he couldn't rise to a REAL challenge! This is the last post I'll make about this PROVIDED no one says anything to keep this open.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
How's this grab everyone? Jan the ultimate brain in here tried to prove me wrong when I said that the voice coils in subwoofers were of larger diameter than those of woofers. He said "That's impossble!" and posted a link to site that he described as having a 9" WOOFER, NOT subwoofer with a 5.1 inch voice coil. I went to that link. Sure enough, there was a 9" driver with a 5.1" voice coil, but it wasn't a woofer like he claimed. It was a SUBWOOFER! Here's the link, see for yourself:

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=8822

Can anyone say SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? I CAN!}}}}

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15455

Ahem ... !

Plymouth
Post Number: 15325
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 06:22 pm:

"Super

You can deleted your posts here:
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-profile.pl

To edit your posts click the upper right button of the windows of your post!
Jan not posted this link but me! "

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=1911074#POST1911074

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Who was it that called you a "troll"?

Oh, yeah, everybody did!

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
You posted the link that I reposted here claiming in that post that you saw a 9" WOOFER that had a 5.1" voice coil after telling me it's impossible for subs to have larger vcs than woofers. So I went to YOUR link. The driver shown was a SUBwoofer! You proved YOURSELF WRONG! Are you going to deny THAT now? At least man up admit you goofed for crying out loud!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15462

IT'S NOT MY LINK, YOU IDIOT!

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
IT WAS IN YOUR POST YOU IDIOT!}}}

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15465

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=1911107#POST1911107!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Yeah, it turns out PLYMOUTH proved you wrong, still you've been proven wrong! Admit it ! Accept defeat!

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
The bottom line: The VOICE COILS in subwoofers have a larger diameter than the VOICE COILS in woofers do. You told me that's impossible, Plymouth proved you wrong, you've been duped because you're a stupe!

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
The first time I came into ecoustics, I saw that there were posts made by a pompous, egotistical, know it all snob named Jan Vigne. Clearly someone who knows nothing at all. He was talking down to everyone and being especially cruel to a fine gentleman named Plymouth. I was hoping this Jan Vigne was the type who left people alone if they left him alone. NOPE! As soon as I made a post in a thread, not at all directed at him, he was on me like white on rice and wouldn't leave me alone at all. When I got fed up, and told him more than once to back off, he got more intense to the point that I said something to him like nothing I've ever said to anyone in my whole life. Predictably, people were upset by what I said including me. However, knowing full well, he had instigated it, he made no attempt at apologizing. Instead, he said that he'd ignore me and encouraged his little minions to do the same. Did he ignore me? Of course not! Every time I post anything, here come the childish comments and stupid faces and him trying to INcorrect me. Then he tucks his tail and cries to the administration like a little cry baby. While waiting for a response from them, he continues to harass me. Think something's wrong here? I do!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15467

There is no difference between a "woofer" and a "subwoofer" other than what they are being called by the seller. Any driver with a low frequency resonance beneath 50 hz can be called anything the seller cares to call it.

Here's a 12" "woofer" with a 4" or 101.6mm vc diameter; https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_228_259&products_id=85 43

Here's a 12" "subwoofer" with a 1.5" or 39mm vc; http://tymphany.com/files/products/pdf/830669.pdf

How big was the vc on that 40Hz "subwoofer" you owned? Larger than four inches?

Please, learn audio terminology.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15335
Bah!

You compare 2 transducers with different surround. the first link is a guitar woofer rated for 1200 watts, the second link does not give the wattage.

You are stupid Jan Vigne

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15470

Guitar "woofer"?!

"Woofer"?!!!

OK, I give up, where'd you get that idea? I'm seeing you also know nothing about guitar amplifiers and speakers.

One speaker is termed a "woofer" and the other is termed a "subwoofer". That was the differentiation made.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15336
Jan
You only argue to argued!

You know that for the same transducer construction with the same diaphragm weight, the coil diameter will be more efficace due to the stronger magnetic force!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15471

Let's see ... oh, yes!

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH ...

That was not the issue being addressed nor the claim made when, "Since the diameter of the voice coil is larger than that of a woofer", was posted. No one placed any disclaimers about "diaphragm weight" - only about voice coil diameter and that there is a constant difference between a "woofer" and a "subwoofer". Give it up for godssake! It took James a dozen posts to the contrary to figure out I didn't post the link to the driver. You flat out told him you posted it and I reposted that five times and he still couldn't catch on. I've had dead fish move faster than that.

At this point I'm wishing "stupid" was the only thing I'm thinking about you two.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15472

"Jan
You only argue to argued!"

I'm actually trying to ignore you two. If you'd both stop posting such BS, I won't say a thing to either of you. But, unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
I already know audio terminology little Janny. Maybe you'll learn some when you grow up.

By claiming that there is no difference between a subwoofer and a woofer, you just proved that you are a truly stupid individual. At least as far back as the 70s, the original concept of the subwoofer existed. If a person had a pair of floor speakers with 12" woofers, they might buy a 15" woofer, mount it in a cabinet with a crossover and mixer. Speaker wire would run from the amp to this woofer, then to the main speakers. The deep bass was diverted from the main speakers resulting in cleaner sound. The bass would not be a whole lot deeper because the larger woofer was just a woofer. In the late 80s, the true subwoofer was invented. It was able to reach down deeper than woofers because the diameter of the VOICE COIL was larger than the diameter of the VOICE COIL in the woofer. Ever wonder why subwoofers are powered? Because they're greedy! That's why! When the bass drum was hit, or some other demanding bass passage came along, using a passive sub, the subwoofer ate all of the watts! We don't have this problem with woofers. I have heard this for myself. A bar owner hired me to install a theater system in his bar. He asked my advice on which to sub to buy. I highly recommended (practically begged him to) he get the powered sub because I knew what would happen if he got the passive one. He didn't listen, he got the passive one. Sure enough the sub was sucking up all the watts leaving noticeable voids in the rest of the sound. By turning on the loudness and turning the bass all the way up, I was able to minimize this problem. I told this guy that he needed to keep the loudness on and the bass all the way up. A couple weeks later, he calls me up frantic. "The problem with the sound dipping is real bad!" I said "You turned the bass down and the loudness off didn't you?" "Oh no! I left everything the way you put it!" (bs!) When I got there, the loudness was off and the bass was down and he had a bar full of angry drunks who couldn't hear Willie Nelson. I turned the bass back up and the loudness back on. I told him he was on his own next time. He never did that again.

Like I told you before, I have removed the dust caps on woofers, passive sub and powered subs (old ones that no one cared about). The subwoofers ALWAYS had larger diameter vc than the woofers did. Have you tried this yet? Of course not! You know you'll be proven wrong!

Can you explain why my old sub, the 40 Hz, 10" one carries a deeper signal than the 25 Hz floor speakers with 12" woofers did? Of course not! Can you explain why my current sub,the 27 Hz one can reach deep into the SUB AUDIO range while the main speakers start to roll off at 70 Hz? Of course not!

All of the experiments I've recommended are ones that I've tried and the results are just what I posted. You won't try any of them because these experiments will expose you for the fraud you are!

Those links you post don't prove anything! Anyone can find links that say what they believe. Electronics, religion, politics, paranormal, conspiracy theories, etc. Whatever you believe, you can find a website that agrees. Do experiments! That's how you'll learn! Websites only prove that someone believes what you do.

Try truly growing up and learning something will you? It'll be a big and much needed improvement.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1742
You have a 12" 3-way speaker system. LF extension advertised to 22hz at 3db down.

Is the LF driver a woofer or a sub woofer?

If it is a subwoofer, what would you than call it if you added a dedicated 18" LF enclosure with its own amp? A sub-sub?

Semantics at work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
Semantics? PLEASE! There are no semantics here. That's little Janny's dept.

The 12" drivers in the main speakers were woofers, NOT subwoofers. The 10" powered driver in its own enclosure is a subwoofer. The VOICE COIL in the 10" driver has a larger diameter than VOICE COILS in the 12" drivers did. Don't believe me? Find speakers that people are tossing. Remove the dust caps from the woofers. Find subwoofers and remove their dust caps. Tell me what you find.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15473

It's rather useless to point out the obvious, leo. Did you know they handed out merit badges in "obliviousness"? I hadn't till now.

"Sure, anyone can find proof, what's that prove?"

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
It proves that you post links. Links that agree with you, but don't actually prove your non-existant points. Try the experiments I've recommended. You won't do that though because you'll be proven wrong on each and every single one. You are not a man and therefore are not capable of manning up, doing the experiments and posting the results. Again, go have an adult change your diaper and play in your play pen!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us