Connecting an xbox to computer?

Silver Member
Username: Hondarider

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 193
Can connecting an xbox to a computer with an cat 5 cable do anything? Is it possible to get music from your computer to your xbox hard drive?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3870
I'll wait and see what others say but one way I know for sure would be to put the files from your hard drive onto a burnable cd after you change them from mp3 files if they are in that form which I would assume they are and convert them to wave files this would make them burnable to a burnable cd and be able to be played on the xbox cd rom just like a bought music cd would if you popped it in the xbox cd rom drive from there you could save your music on the xbox hard drive just like you would any bought music cd....to save your burnable discs you might be able to use a rewritable disc and just copy and delete as you get all the song over to the xbox hard drive that you wanted there...if that doesnt work youll just have to use the standard burnable discs

Gold Member

Post Number: 3871
now you got me curious I may try the rewritable idea myself and see what happens

Silver Member

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 194
thanks for the info. But i dont have a CD burner i was thinking it might be possible to go straight from the computer hard drive to the xbox hard drive through a cat 5 cable?

Bronze Member
Username: Hammondrckr

Post Number: 13
you would either need a crossover cable or a hub to pull that off, even the crossover might be pushing it

~alan

Gold Member

Post Number: 3925
you cant access the xbox hard drive with your computer as far as I know ...get a cd burner drive off of www.ebay.com or www.pricewatch.com or you could buy a dvd burner drive and be able to burn cd's and dvd movies in one unit their fairly cheap and are easy to install yourself if you have a open 5.25 bay otherwise you will will either need a external drive or mod the wires to run ontop of the pc case and mount the internal drive on top of the case....where theres a will theres a way

Gold Member

Post Number: 3926
you sould be able to do this for 30 to 40 dollars

Gold Member

Post Number: 3930
if you buy a dvd burner get dvd shrink and dvddecrypter and youll be able to copy any dvd you own .....use decryter first to remove encrytion then use dvd shrink to fit that file onto your dvd burner disk....do it in this order and youll never have any problems with the disk not playing when you pop them in a ps2 or xbox or regular dvd player

Silver Member

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 196
Do you have to buy a dvd shrink and a dvd decrypter seperately or do some dvd burners have it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4211
you have to download both of them off the web....they are free and are installed after your factory software that came with the burner drive is installed .....usually the stock software is nero burning software

Gold Member

Post Number: 4212
stock meaning what comes with the drive....you then download dvd shrink and dvd decryptor and install each of them on your computer as well

Username: Copperhead_c

Post Number: 1
i have an hp media center m7334n with rca AV in puts on it. i was wandering if i could possibly play xbox on it with the standard video cablesUpload

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 664
honda rider, the answer is YES you can connect to your computer over the network. You need to buy Action Replay and then you can download the software to load onto your xbox harddrive, that will allow your xbox to be seen on your network, just like any other computer. From there you can transfer files through the ip address of your xbox. (go to your router page and locate all attached devices, then you will see what the ip address is, from there, open your web browser and type in http://insert.xbox.ipaddress.here)

Also, a crossover cable is nothing but a way to skip using a hub or switch when connecting two devices, and it has nothing to do with connecting your xbox to your computer. (unless you didn't have a home router)

CCL, the answer to your question is also YES. Not only can you play xbox through it but you will also be able to take advantage of your media center features, such as being able to take screen shots, and even record your gameplay! I wish I had a computer like that... I'd record myself whoopin all your a.sses in halo 2!

Username: Copperhead_c

Post Number: 2
but how do you do it

Bronze Member
Username: Tiggerboi87

Pensacola, FL United States

Post Number: 23
couldnt u just connect the two with an ethernet cable

Bronze Member
Username: Exman494

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 75
you can connect to your xbox by downloading flashfxp...just put in ur ip.. username and password are both xbox.. but u need linix...i got dat..hehe and splinter cell or mech assault
Joe

Username: Halo_2

Post Number: 10
ALRIGHT WELL JOE IS RIGHT YOU WILL NEED A SOFTMODDED XBOX WHICH IS EASY TO GET AND YOU HAVE TO BE SITTING IN THE DASHBOARD IF I AM RIGHT YOU CAN MOD HALO 2 THIS WAY BUT IM NOT SURE CAN ANYONE ANSWER BACK PLEASE

Bronze Member
Username: Exman494

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 82
yeah u can mod halo2...but when connectiong put in splintercell..go to start game....linix..and then it will give u alist...i think u click..settings...(sry havent done this in a while)..and then..click on somthin else...if some1 wanted me to walk them threw it i can..
Joe

Username: Corey1

Adelaide, S.A. Australia

How can i put emulators onto my xbox from my pc, it has been modded. i dont know much about my xbox or the computer. some onfo on my xbox are "Bios (256)evoX m7 ejectfix. kernel 1.00.5105.01 EvolutionX V+3935" hope someone can help. if you can please e-mail me at Corey_Kovac@hotmail.com

Username: Madsickpenguin

Hi, I have the same computer as ccl does (above) and connected my xbox to comp with RCA cables; what program do I use to play xbox through? I can't seem to figure it out with media center/player. Thanks!

Username: Madsickpenguin

Post Number: 2
Any thoughts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help