Final decition xbox360 vs ps3 my $0.2 cents....

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3718
ok alot of people are confused about wat system they should buy.

most of the people say that they will go to with xbox 360 juzz because its cheaper and it has halo on it.

if you really do the math between the xbox and ps3 its a huge difference.

first of of all im gonna make a list of the essential things on the xbox 360 ull need in this year.

xbox platinum 399
charge kit of the controller 39
wireless adapter 99
xbox live 1 year membership 79
hd-dvd 199

total of this investment its 815 plus taxes.

ps3 essentials:

ps3 60g 600
charge kit 0
wireless adapter 0
online membership for ever not 1 year 0
bluray 0

total its 600 plus taxes. plus ull even get more... like outstanding picture viewer and manging system. memory stick mmc etc card reader plus the big improvement of the sixs axis controller.

then it comes the games.

xbox 360 has gears of war ps3 has resistance and etc.

right now if u get the xbox 360 its gonna be cool since the xbox right now its leading in software titles but its not too impressive because most of the software are available on regular xbox and ps2 .

in matter of time around 8 months + games available on the ps3 its gonna be alot. since right now there aren't much ps3 units avail ables its not worth to push titles since there aren't public to buy them. when the new ps3 comes available software title for the ps3 its gonna start to come.

right now not juzz next generation graphics means whos gonna win, theres also next generation game play and this is the thing that lacks xbox 360 in next generation game play the winner its the nintendo wii by their controller that its outstanding except for the cheap speaker that has built in. in second place its the ps3 by its axis controller and third place the xbox 360 its not even on third place because cant even compete with the next generation game play since it lacks that feature.

next we got next generation graphics.
hd graphics its very important right now and in the future since the government already made a contract to make the hd content into standard they are gonna stop using the standard definition this is a fact not right now ofcorse it maybe be in a year or 2 but its a fact. so ull need to upgrade now or later but its a fact you'll have to upgrade to hd. if we compare the xbox vs ps3 vs wii in next generation graphics the result will be the ps3 first xbox second and wii last.
the reason why its because ps3 has 1080p native resolution with a hdmi output capabilities. the xbox now had an software upgrade to make the xbox push the 1080p resolution its cool but it has downsides in this method from microsoft.

one its that the 1080p bandwidth its too big for a component caple so you might get noise in your picture and some pictures errors or problems.

most of the tv cant accept 1080p resolutions from components. i have a hd 52 inch screen with 108-p support on hdmi but if i connect the xbox with 108-p output via component my tv set will not display the picture because its not support it only 1080i.

*note: if u hear the rumors on the next xbox 360v2 with hdmi its not true xbox chairman denied and he said it was a prototype from the original xbox 360 design and it will never happen he said it at the ces show u can Google it if u want.

next comes the power.

if we compare the power from each unit it will be like this.
ps3 first xbox second and wii last.

theres a huge power difference between the ps3 and xbox 360.

some say its alil difference but its huge.

ps3 have 7 cores running each at 3.2 ghz but it has 8 since one core its reserve for something i forgot.

the xbox have 2 runing at 3.2 ghz too.

its like the ps3 its 5 times faster and the faster you move the faster you can do things. like the ps3 will generate another process for every bullet and with that processing will affect where the bullet will go and wat damage will cause because of the process of the bullet the process will calculate shape, velocity, weight, gravity and will determine how will effect how the bullet will be fire and wat effects will make.

WITH THESE EVERY GAME YOU PLAY WILL BE DIFERENT EVERY TIME U PLAY WILL BE UNIQUE.

this does nto make your ps3 faster it makes your ps3 smarter.

the diference between cpus are 5 cores or will be like the xbox have 3 cpu and the ps3 have 7 cpus its a huge diference its like5 times more faster than the xbox 360.

the graphics performance its huge too the ps3 have the rsx card or chip the xbox have a ati custom chip.

the rsx its equal to two nvidia 6600 ultras in sli mode its big the xbox chip its not even compared to a single 6600 ultra.

next it comes the content.

if ur unsure wat format to get from hd-dvd or bluray i recommend you get the bluray since sony have the 70% support from all the video company s since sony owns all the major movie business so u now know that the blu ray will come standard. plus bluray have the support from the major companys like toshiba, samsung ,panasonic, hp, apple etc.. u can read the blu ray support from bluray website.

the difference between the hd dvd and bluray if he took out the support its big.

50gb vs 30gb its huge amount of difference.

like fro example u know in your games when you play a game and you kill someone he dies in like 5 difference ways right??? well if u get resistance for example theres its like 20 difference ways of dying and u see the texture on the space around you and u see its the same as u move forward and u see that thing again or like its snowing and u see the the snow flakes are the same u see the same snow flakes with this improvement that will be gone and like in gta the content will be huge.

ITS NOT HOW BIG THE SPACE IS, ITS HOW U CAN ACCESS IT, WITH EVERY 1GB ADDED IT WILL MAKE THINGS SLOW SINCE THE PROCESOR WILL HAVE TO FIND WAT ITS LOOKING FOR FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME THATS WHY THE CELL PROCESSOR OF THE PS3 ITS FOR.

THE PS3 HAVE AN IMPRESSIVE 2 TRILLIONS CALCULATIONS PER SECOND.

STORAGE ITS NOT A SIMPLE THAN IT LOOKS.. THATS WHY HD DVD WILL NOT MAKE HD GAMES AND WILL BE PLAYED ON XBOX 360. BECAUSE IF YOU PUT THE HUGE CONTENT OF THE HD-DVD AND PLAY IT WITH THE XBOX 360 ALL THE POWER WILL GO TO THE STORAGE AND WILL BE NOT ENOUGH POWER TO USE THE CONTENT SINCE THE POWER WIL BE GIVEN TO ACCES THEM.

ITS STORAGE VS SPEED TOGHETER WILL CREATE A MORE COMPLEX ENVIRONMENT .

why u think servers are soo expensive??? if u get a server with 1 terabytes and with a single processor it will be useless that why Intel made the xenon processor that can be used in dual mode. using two xenon processors 3.2 ghz each running with 4gb of ram it will make that server with terabytes usable.

in conclusion if u think about fro a second not juzz look at the price and a game called halo, ull realize that if u get the xbox ur making a big mistake.

thats why microsoft come out with the xbox first for like if they lose the war on next generation console they already made some good money from the units already sold think about it.

i want to share my opinion no juzz copy and paste it from some other site thats its not even respectable.

if ur plannign to get a new gaming consoles and if u compare them this is how ill it be.

1.ps3
2.wii
3.xbox 360

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4664
your saying that xbox live is 80 bucks?

and the charge kit is 40?

live is 49 bucks, i can find it for 40 at CC
and the charge kit bro is 19.99

and ps3 live is soooo bad bro. its really bad.

and no1 wants the HD-DVD add-on until they start making the games into that format so they come in HD

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3724
read better bro if they mak the game sin hd dvd. the xbox 360 will have to use 720p because extra power wil be used to acces the large amounts of data. and will never be able to provide higher resolutions with hd dvd so will be useless.

still if the things are 20 bucks cheaper the price will drop about 780 is still more expensive than the ps3 plus microsoft will make you upgrade to keep with with the next generation gameplay. and yeahs ps3 its sad for now. sony said that the full ps3 online will be full available when the next units comes out so for now the online will be crappy.

when the next units come sony will add like a soter for the ps1 history ull be able to download them and play them on your ps3 and if u want transfer them to your psp. with this things sonys its gonna be doing it bro.

juzz like i said man wait till the next units come sony its gonna make the real features availablein matter of time xbox its done.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4667
ur so funny man. sony already lost, no1 is buying them, and they ARE availeable...

u can have the most powerful but if no one buys it whats the purpose? look at the ps2 vs xbox. the xbox was more powerful than the ps2, yet the ps2 blew the xbox away. it was even the same thing with vhs vs betamax. although betmax was better in ways vhs came out ontop. power doesnt mean success. if no one buys it developers will see this and make games for the system that is selling. btw, making games for the ps3 are very hard due to the 7 SPE's. look at the wii, weakest next gen console yet sold over 3 million more consoles than ps3.

the xbox360 has 3 cores not 2 ,and a better video card than the ps3

and of course the blu ray site will tell you their product is better, they want u to buy it!!!! sony has never won a format war!!!!

the xbox360 also has a lot more processing bandwidth than the ps3, in terms the xbox360 can handle much much more than the ps3

betmax- failure
memory stick- failure
umd- failure
mini disc- failure
blu-ray-?

Now, I've played both system and can say this............I'm an online gamer, and the PS3 online world doesn't even come close to the 360. XBox Live is a true masterpiece and has so much more capability in the future than does the PS3. Lets not forget that through XBox Live, Microsoft has a unit they can work with and add features to for years (such as IPTV which is coming!).

I think too many people get caught up in the latest thing. Lets not forget that ORIGINALLY the PS3 was supposed to launch closely to the 360 but couldn't get the system like they wanted it. Then, when 360 launched, i think Sony realized their current system was not even close to the 360 and basically they took ANOTHER YEAR to try to get it up to par with the 360.

Microsoft is the innovative leader in the world and always will be. No matter what Sony comes out with, Microsoft has the better means and knowhow to simply beat it.

However, if I had to put my money on the top feature, it's the XBOX Live, which Sony hasn't even come close to!

so most of ur facts are untrue, and your such a sony lover fanboy. your list should be inverted, and like i said, the ps3 isnt selling even tho they are available. and no1 wants to play the old playstation crap. its all about next generation and newer and better games

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3725
the only thing that sony needs and i already told you its time. and yes wii sold more units because they had the units for all the demand

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 941
Whats the point of arguing bassman, rob will never change his opinion, and i'm assuming you'll never change yours. It will be the same back and forth stuff, lets just drop it and just talk the benefits of each system when they occur (like the ps3 have any, hehe just had to sneak it in)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4669
lol yea. its just that his facts are all wrong. let me tell you somethin lil rob (even tho ur a ps3 fanboy and have actually never played the ps3 for long periods of time..

the xbox have 2 runing at 3.2 ghz too.
You mean THREE cores.

Quote:
most of the tv cant accept 1080p resolutions from components. i have a hd 52 inch screen with 108-p support on hdmi but if i connect the xbox with 108-p output via component my tv set will not display the picture because its not support it only 1080i.
...how does this make PS3 better? If a TV can't support a 360's 1080p it can't support the output 1080p from a PS3. It's the TV's problem, and it cannot weigh in on making the PS3 look better.

Quote:
the rsx its equal to two nvidia 6600 ultras in sli mode its big the xbox chip its not even compared to a single 6600 ultra.
Congratulations. You just told us NVIDIA's RSX is equal to two crappy by today's standards video cards running in SLI mode. Truly it would probably be more around a 7600 or 7900, because there aren't two seperate graphics areas on the PS3's board. Still, ATI's chip for the 360 is a good comparison to the graphics on the PS3. Anybody seen Resistance choke on the TV commercial? It seems to have a lag spike.

Quote:
this does nto make your ps3 faster it makes your ps3 smarter.
Your PS3 can't be smart. Only the software controls the PS3's processor besides the firmware, and allows for the numerous possible ways of dying (possible on the 360).

Quote:
ITS NOT HOW BIG THE SPACE IS, ITS HOW U CAN ACCESS IT, WITH EVERY 1GB ADDED IT WILL MAKE THINGS SLOW SINCE THE PROCESOR WILL HAVE TO FIND WAT ITS LOOKING FOR FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME THATS WHY THE CELL PROCESSOR OF THE PS3 ITS FOR.
It's not the horsepower under the hood, it's how you use it. It's not the graphics or the sound that makes a game, it's the gameplay yourself. You never even attempted to compare any of the games that made the 360 the way it is. Look at Gears of War. It may not be as pretty or have as many ways of dying but it still was a Game of the Year contender and nearly won, where as Resistance was nominated but wasn't expected to win. And it didn't come close. Sure, the PS3 may have it's pretty cell processor and pretty RSX graphics (which NVIDIA has already stated has already been beaten by its new line of 8800 graphics cards), but if you don't have the gameplay to make the system fun and enjoyable, your game system will fail.

Don't try to put over your "PS3 has way better graphics than 360 so it makes it better" crap because it won't stand up here. 360 has a better lineup of games and online service, with the ability to do things Sony can only imagine about.

and i dont know why people add on the HD-DVD player to the cost? its a choice and most people dont even want one, to the ps3 when you HAVE to have one... thats why you dont add in that cost. take away the cost of the wireless adapter too bro, not many people have those. if you want a good xbox live connection, direct connect is what people choose. so please stop posting like you know everything in the world and posting false info when infact the 360 is cheaper in the long run. simple as that.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1243
i have nothing against either systems but truthfully the only reason xbox is were it is today ifs because of its incredible online play, period.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3750
word.........

BUT the best online service will be the wii's with their free online, with their channels to offer uptodate wheater, news, etc. plus the service to download the nintendo sega colletion thats the best.

second in the future will be sony with their new service that u will be able to download the psone collection wat do xbox have??? will be only a online service that u have to pay..

Bronze Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 73
lol i have xbox 360 and will never buy ps3, i dont like any games for ps3, and you dont have to buy the gold account, only if you want to play online, a lot of peopl dont like to. i bought the play and charge and and the gold membership for $50 in CC like 4 months ago in a special, and i not buying the hddvd player, at least until the was between bluray and hddvd ends, in conclucion i will never change to ps3 because i dont like RPG games that there are the most games that ps makes, and i will never trade that for my Halo games + Lost Planet + Gears of War + Saint Row. (remmber that now the GTA games are comming to xbox360 at the same time that there are comming to ps3, so ther never changing to ps3 and yes i prefer wii than ps3, but that is beacuse i dont like the ps3 games.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4673
and to add-on to the price of the ps3 is the headset which is 50 bucks. so you need to buy that just to talk to poeple, when the 360 comes with it..

why-- do you play gears on live? if ya doi, hit me up dominator497

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3761
bassman i dont play with a single name.

i have alot of accounts since i dont pay for xbox live when my free motnh get expired i juzz make another account.

my main account its lilrob18

then zpeedy rosalez

then the current account that i juzz made yesterday its Mr.robisso cool

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4674
how doy uo get all these free months...

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3768
everytime you get or create a new profile u chose silver package when ur almost finish it shows a windows sayin u can try xbox live gold for 1 month so i do that every month but u have the register with diferent email each time i juzz make new email everytime i create a new profile. then finally i juzz change the auto sign in profile withthe main one that i want

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2497
i would just like to point out the title of this thread, final "decition",
grammar school and literacy FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4675
thats way to much work to make new email everytime.

get on gears tonight and hit me up, i'll play wit ya dominator497.. do it

so your that you use right now is "Mr.robisso cool"

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3785
yeah Mr.Robisso cool yeah thats my new name send me a game in vite and chose fuel depot, canals, the station or some other but not raven down i hate that map or the new one when u start inside a house i hate those maps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us