Connecting speaker wires to RCA plug (High level to low level)

Username: Ste_0

Canada

Post Number: 1
Ok here is the situation guys. Hope you can help.

Currently i have a speaker system on my computer. Its a large self powered sub with 2 speakers.

here it is: http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/cy/cyber-acoustics-2-1-180w-acoustic- authority-pro-series-speaker-system-a-3780rb.jpg

Each speaker is connected to the sub via a RCA male plug (both - and + in 1 wire and 1 plug)

I recently brought a Sony CMT EH10 shelf system but it broke. Leaving only 2 working speakers. These speakers connect to the main unit via speaker wires.

I was wondering if i can connect those speaker wires from the sony speakers to a RCA male plug and then plug it into the sub. Basically using the sony speakers as my new speakers.

does that work?

Also, i have seen RCA plugs with just the middle prong and some with both middle prong and the side piece that surrounds the middle prong.

Is the one with the prong only - or +
while the one with both prong and surrounding piece - AND + ?

Cuss i have seen people say each speaker should have 2 RCA cables. 1 for + and 1 for -. My speakers only have 2 RCA out put holes, this means 1 RCA plug is both + and -. How do i incorporate that with the sony speakers which has 2 wires.

Thanks for any help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us