What did I do?

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 445
So today I installed my capture card, another stick of 512 ddr, and some 4mb card (went into my agp slot). When I tried to start my computer, it wouldnt turn on. So I removed the 4mb card and it turned on. But for some reason only the compaq logo comes up and gives the F10 and F12 option, and wont load winXP. Im not very good with computers, so can someone help me or atleast point me in the right direction?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 750
lol, I kinda have the same problem with my pc right now, except I never upgraded anything in mine. All of a sudden one day out of the blue my pc decided to get funky on me and now when ever I restart my pc, nothing will happen. It will bring up a blank screen and wont do anything else. I noticed that when I start my pc, there will be an option to press F12 for about 5 sec before it will go to the blank screen. When I press F12, a bunch of options come up and for some reason when I press 4 (I think it's either C or D Drive Start), my pc will start up and run Windows XP.

Is my situation in any way similar to what your computer does?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 466
Im not really too sure. It will turn on and stop at the compaq logo with the f10 and f12 options. Im thinking I did something to the board, or it was a coincident that it happened when I did that stuff cuz its an older computer. My harddrive is functionable and working fine, but I noticed my diskdrive isnt working. So im thinking its something to do with my IDE cables or whatever.

I have no idea if these are similair. Sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6025
Check to make sure that your IDE or SATA cables came loose off of your hard drive. My cousin noobed it when he was installing his video card and had the exact same problem. Were you also wearing a wrist grounding strap when you were working on your PC? You may have shocked one of the boards... let's hope not.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 472
They didnt come loose. I swapped the hard drive into another computer exactly like it, and it works just fine. I think I did eff the board up. Im a nub with computers, and whats a grounding strap exactly?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us