Can anyone help with administrative issues?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1651
I posted in off topic originally:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/323472.html

Thanks all!

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1167
The only thing that can save you of not reinstalling everything is to log on as Administrator, the accout over you are actually login on the system has minor privileges, the only one who can assign privileges to any user is another user whith administrator privileges or the Admin itself.

What I'm thinking at this point is that the account you were using had the attribute of password expiration, if that was the case, the password expired.

What does the system tell you when you type the password you say doesn't work any more??..

Try to remember of a Admin account exists, did you installed the XP by yourself the first time???

If your problem is that you have valuable information that you might want to recover then take out the Hard Disk you have put the jumper in the "slave" position and plug it into another computer, then browse through wherever your files are and move everything into a CD or another disk, then take the drive out again, put the jumper back into "master" position, plug it into your PC and start installing XP again....

If the Admin account was deleted and the only configured account was the one that is not working then that's all man....there is nothing to do as far as I know....

Good Luck

Username: Invincible

Post Number: 10
There is one simple solution. Restart your computer and keep tapping F8 key and start the computer in Safe Mode. Log on as Administrator in safe mode. Go to control panel,User Accounts and create another user or change your account type from limited to Administrator.
Hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us