HELP WiFi Internet

Username: Kngsze

Post Number: 6
I am having trouble getting my PC to connect to the internet via wireless rooter.
I have a LinkSys rooter, and LinkSys adapter for the PC. The rooter can my DSL line and my WiFi adapter is installed and connecting to the rooter. All is fine untill I try to connect to the web, where I get nothing (page cannot be displayed).
I am pretty sure that I have configured the rooter properly (UK DSL standards). Am I missing some small firewall settings ? ?
Running XP SP2, Windows standard firewall, Tiscali broadband

Many thanks

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 307
what you mean all is fine, can your pc access web page from the router something like 192.168.1.1
if not that is the problem between the router and your pc, if you can connect the router setup page, then the problem will be between router/dsl moden to the isp server, most time I say is your router not set up correct.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 427
u may need the ip's from ur ips provider. or have them give u dhcp

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 428
isp i meant

Bronze Member
Username: Elcheche

Post Number: 22
hi am tryin to get signal from my brother house i got the antenna but i need to know you guys thin if i use the regular cable like satelite dish cable with some adapters think works with it iam talk about wifi

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 509
it depends on the antenna. i would create a point to point bridge from his router to urs. or use access points

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 926
You may also check what kind of security you have configured at the router, if the access is based on MAC address you must get the MAC address from the wireless NIC you have, then go to your router configuration and add that MAC address to the list and that's it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us