Huge video card problem Asus 7900GTX

Bronze Member
Username: Grat81

Carbondale, IL USA

Post Number: 84
Ok guys -- solve this on for me.

I had no problems with my home-built PC for 2 months and one morning I started it up and there was nothing on screen. I freaked out and called Asus tech support (mobo and vid card are asus) and we tried 1000 things and nothing worked. (reseting the CMOS, trying both PCI16 slots, trying both slots on the card, ect ect ect) Then, I tried the monitor with an analog cord (not DVI) and it worked. They told me it was a blown GPU on the card. I RMA'd it.

I got the 2nd card about 1 1/2 months ago. I had the same problem. Nothing on screen with DVI, but analog worked. I got frustrated and called ASUS again -- still no clear answer. I RMA'd my Motherboard, vid card, AND monitor.

Now, yesterday, October 19th, I finally got all 3 pieces back, put them in my PC, and I am having... guess what... the same problem. Works with analog (SVGA) but not digital. I don't know what else to do.

I have no way of testing these components individually. I live in the middle of nowhere (seriously). The nearest big town is almost 2 hours away. I moved to Oklahoma when I graduated college and now I'm stuck here for a few years.

Current setup:
Viewsonic 21" widecreen monitor
AMD 4200+ dual core manchester
2x corsair 1 gig XMS ram (533 mhz I think)
WD 10000 rpm 160gig raptor
WD 7200 rpm 250gig caviar
Asus A8nSLI-Deluxe mobo
Asus EN7900GTX vid card
Thermaltake power supply (500W) and case

Any suggestions you guys would have would be excellent and will be taken into consideration. I have nowhere else to turn. I may end up "buying" a monitor from Walmart just to see if my @(#%(#*7 DVI slot on the card is working or not.

Thanks much,
Garrett

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 335
Perhaps a fault with the Asus line of 7900 cards? I too have an asus card, only a somewhat classic 6600gt. I dont use the dvi output though, just analogue as my viewsonic 17" doesnt support dvi!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us