Can u get sound with PS2 connected 2 monitor?

Username: Kwd1990

Post Number: 1
Hi, i have a dell ultrasharp 20 inch monitor with s-video composite and d-sub jacks, and i hooked up my playstaion 2 via composite jack (yellow)
to my monitor since it is compatible and was wondering is it possible to also get sound?

Post Number: 3
The reason i connected it to monitor was becasue my tower doesnt have composite, but i; kno it works the same.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4603
If your monitor accepts audio inputs then you should be able to get sound. Hook up the audio output of your PS2 and you should be in business.

Post Number: 4
monitors only have the yellow video pluggin, thats all they come with they dont have the red and white audio ones is their an alternate way or can i buy a splitter or somin, or use the other jacks i have to make it work?

Username: Matt_chew6

Post Number: 2
do you have any kind of home theatre receiver? I am doing the same thing you are. I have my PS2 hooked up through S video on my monitor and the only way to get sound is by having a A/V receiver.

If you do have computer speakers that have a line in jack, you could get cord that has the RCA female ends to a 1/8' male end. Give it a shot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us