Computer Anti Virus Rip Off

Tired of Internet BS
Unregistered guest
Do you think Norton System Works and the rest of the companies offering anti virus or anti spyware products are the actual sponsors of the viruses that intrude on our computers and our privacy? Could they be paying the low lifes to create the programs poluting our computers? Why would someone intelligent enough to create a virus waste their time making m$$$y for other people?
I hope the man who develpoed the pop-up add is married (or was) and his wifes legs grew together!
There are no words nasty enough to express my feelings for you 21st century gangsters and punks. Seems every time there is a new virus, Wham buy our product and your computer won't get infected. Just like clock work. Makes the the CNN news most of the time. Last one I followed some high school senior took the fall. Dumb dumb took the actual virus added his name to it and sent it out via e-mail. The actual creators of the virus nerver got caught. Why not???? Curious minds want to know!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 361
I don't know if you are still likely to read this, but for what it's worth I have found Norton to be absolutely useless in protecting me from some of the main, most popular viruses one can get.

I would recommend Zone Alarm from Zone Labs, as this has improved my security to a very robust level.

As to your conspiracy theory, you are certainly not the first to suspect what you say. I have also been thinking along much the same lines as yourself, as have many IT professionals who ship AV software with the computers they build.

There are genuine AV software developers out there. How can you spot them? Simple - most often they do not charge for their software and upgrades. I think the rest, such as Norton and McAfee may well be in it for the money. Does that help fire your suspicions? Well, it certainly does mine.

Regards,

V

killezracing
Unregistered guest
you aint lying about virus protection my mom just got a 3.06 gig laptop and it slowed down just as much as her old 166mhz desktop and some thing called winstatkeep kept running it just craweled and the freakin norton was broke the day we got it would always say error this error that so i said im gonna delete norton altogether and now have zone alarm runing

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 56
Varney i couldnt agree with you more. To everyone out there that is as big as an electronic head as i am, TREND MICRO : PC CILLIN 2005 works good. Some bugs. But i found it ok. Its a like or hate kinda program. ALso cisco routers. Hella yea. Near un hackable.

Bronze Member
Username: Coolwazabi

Nashville, TN United States

Post Number: 51
don't get norton it sucks... it tries 2 do it all yet it does nothing... i recommend spydoctor... its free and does the job..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us