Hot

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1332
My compyter has been shutting down lately and I checked the cpu temperature and it is rangiong between 74 and 83 degrees celcius. I've been reading online and I've come to the conclusion that this is way hotter than it should be. I only have one fan in my case for some reason and it's on the cpu. Any one have any suggestions on what fans I should get or how to cool it down better? Also hot to keep it quieter?

Username: Seanpenn

Post Number: 5
you can't go wrong with Zalman Fans. goto Newegg.com and do a search on zalman heatsinks. Read all the 100+ reviews on them and you will be confident in your buy.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 18
You should carefully remove the fan from your heatsink and see if the fins are blocked with dirt and dust. Make a special note of the fans direction (maybe mark it with a magic marker) so it goes on the right way when you replace it. The air should always be blowing down and into the fins not the otherway around. If you find it is blocked try clearing it with a soft bristle paint brush and or blow it out with canned air. You should also look carefully for an air intake filter that may be blocked. Besides your Cpu fan, the powersupply also acts to remove air from the case and some manufacturers place a filter at the air intake at the front of the case. It could be hidden between the cases plastic front and the metal structure where the plastic case front snaps on.

Bronze Member
Username: Aculous

Post Number: 12
Also adding to Bokman you want to have good airflow in your case. One fan should be in front sucking in air and one should be in the back parallel with the cpu sucking out air. And zalman is a good brand, just make sure you get the right heatsink for your processor and some artic silver thermal grease.

Bad or old thermal grease can also lead to very bad overheating issues. As well as unseated or badly seated heatsinks can do the same.

You want the CPU to be at 59C or lower.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us