New laptop?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 78
I'm looking for a new laptop, something with a good battery life:performance:price ratio. Anybody have any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1197
im a little partial here, but check out the macbook. it is the replacement to the mac iBook. the battery life on my iBook G4, which the macbook replaced, is outstanding (average of 4-6 hours) and they cost around $1000 or so.

yes, they can also run windows.

http://www.apple.com/macbook/macbook.html

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3070
and yes, they also have a tiny 13" screen! I love the magnetic DC connector though, that was brilliant on mac's part. Keyboard looks nice too.

Bronze Member
Username: Aculous

Post Number: 14
Well depends on what you want to run. I love HP's, I've sold and used them for awhile. However if you want some of the best performing laptops, pro-star.com has some of the fastest notebooks for the best price that I have found.

Also I would go with the new AMD Turion, its a great cpu and uses less power and will outperform a core duo.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 98
I've been looking into it a bit since I posted, and I've come to the macbook conclusion as well, so it's nice to hear good things about it :-) The only thing I'm concerned about is the lack of a dedicated graphics card, but I've got my desktop so that's not a huge worry for me.

I like the idea of dual-booting XP and OSX too, and the two finger right-click thing's waaay cool. Basically, I'm sold. Now I have to decide whether I can justify spending $150 just for a black one :-)

How are you finding yours Gavin? I've read a lot about heat issues, mooing, blah blah blah but I think the problems are more with the macbook pro.

Believe it or not, the 13" screen is one of the things that attracts me to the MB, the 15" MBP is just too big for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us