Burning AVI 2 DVD Using Nero, slight problem!

Username: Mistermark88

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Im using nero 7 ultra and ive been downloading some of my favourite tvs shows AVI files and im trying to burn them on my pc via the re-code format.

Everything is fine like menue i have created etc. it works really well but when i watch the dvd files it has created they play back a little sticky like frames stick a bit and squares come on the screen for a few seconds, apart from that the quailty and sound is so good which is why im so angry!

Is there anything i can do to make it play back without this annoying sticky thing happening? Any options im have not got on or any software i need to download?

Any help would be create or altertaive software which is good at creating the avi to dvd, not sure of programs!

thanks for any help cheers

Mark
:@)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3056
This is my favorite software for what you are trying to accomplish: http://www.dvdsanta.com/

The trial version actually doesn't put out a "demo version" on the burned DVD's video, or at least, it hasn't for me. Much, much better than Nero.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 12
If your problems appear when you play the files on your PC they are a problem with encoding (Nero), if your talking about a dvd and your watching them on your tv then it may be as simple as slowing down your burn speed.

Post Number: 2
When i play them on my pc they are abit sticky i burned them slowly and it still has the same affect

Post Number: 3
ive download santa dvd and it transcodes like 40 seconds then crashes i preview the 40 second dvd file it has made and it looks good, whats the problem? also any other ideas from nero or should i give up and focus on a better program

thank u for all your help, i really apprechate it

mark

Username: Aculous

Post Number: 7
focus on a better program. Nero is worthless when it comes to reencoding. Any and all questions about burning go to afterdawn.net they have some great tutorials about a ton of different formats including ogg.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 19
There is a freeware program called Avi2Dvd (google the name) it will do a great job for you but it takes its good ol' time to do it. Look for links to VideoHelp.com when you google the name, they have tutorials galore on the various aspects of this and other open source free converters.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 20
I forgot to mention that Avi2Dvd will accept several avi's to convert (several tv episodes) but they have to be in the same folder and you will have to change the names of the files so they are exactly the same but end with CD1.avi, CD2.avi etc. Then when you open the first one Avi2Dvd will recognize the others and encode them all. Its also possible that you are trying to put too much on one disk and the resulting bitrate is so poor that you get your sticky result. You should try to keep your episode compilations to no more than 2 1/2 hours, the less you put on one disk the better the bitrate will be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us