Screensaver won't turn on

Bronze Member
Username: Dmg025

Post Number: 14
I am having a few issues with my computer. First of all, my screen saver does not come on after the designated time, the screen just remains normal. some time it comes on some times it doesn't. second of all, i set my hard disks to turn off after a certain amoutn of time and nothing happens. is this a problem with my INI file?

Silver Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 108
first off, with the screensaver, it could be one of three problems. if it is not a default windows screensaver, then that screen saver could be corrupted, causing windows to abort it each time it is about to start. The other reason could be because there is a program or a process running in the background that causes the computer to constantly be doing something which in turn prevents the screen saver from coming on. The last reason could be because you might be infected with spyware or adware. Your hard drive might not be shutting down because of the last two reasons also. Being that you are having issues with both things, I'm leaning towards adware thats constantly running in the background which doesn't let the computer operate normally. You might notice that the computer has also slowed down a noticible amount.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us