OS problem

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 404
Recently I bought a used thinkpad t-22 and in doing so inherited two probs 1. os 2000pro is not a legal copy, 2. norton anti-virus is aggrevating the hell out of me with every mouse click it pops up a window asking for password to continue with what I was doing. It won`t even let me delete it without admin. password, I have tried.
On my desktop I have a legal version of w.xp home/sp2, with coa is there some way I can install that on my t-22 as well, without buying another copy, I know Bill would rather I buy another copy cause he needs the money LOL.
Jexx saved me a couple of months ago with the trojans I had by reccommending a free virus removal and I appreciated that as well as I will any help you peeps can offer with these probs. Thanks alot.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 33
yes there is a way if u dont mind erasing everything. reformat the laptop and install the legal copy of windows. when it asks to activate it, dont let it do it online, call microsoft and they will ask u why you are doing it again. jus say my computer crashed. but b very careful, if that legal copy of windows that you have came with a company made computer (like dell, sony, gateway, etc.) then everything installed on the laptop will be specifically for the original computer. meaning you probably wont get the necessary drivers that you need. and lastly, dont use windows update on the laptop. so as u can see, using an illegal copy of xp doesnt look like such a bad idea n e more. lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us