New Notebook under 900.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 70
What's up guys? Im heading off to college in a few months and im looking for a good labtop to take with me. I was looking at the Dell xps basemodel with 60gig,512 ram. The only thing I absolutly need is it to be wireless. Any sugestions?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2719
The Dell sounds pretty good. Have you looked at Toshiba and Sony as well?

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 32
sony's are pl but a little bitchy sometimes for some reason. that goes for the desktops also. if its wireless u want, most base model laptops come with it now a day. and if it doesnt, u can add it from radioshak for like $30. dell xps are good systems but mite be too much for the common college person. i recommend a mid-level inspiron from dell. i have one myself. the same hdd and ram on an inspiron will be a lot less money which i'm sure you'll need for books.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Im not payin for it so its not a big deal but i want sumtin pretty cool that i can play some decent games on so it looks like im leanin towards the xps.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 111
the cheapest aleinware www.alienware.com

some of the best gameing computers out there

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
they are the best gaming computers out thtere. but you have to decide if the price to features ratio is worth it cuz alienware's are also some of the most expensive computers out there.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 142
true true true

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
if price isnt an issue AT ALL then go with alienware but expect to pay 2500 and up. if price is an issue but you must play games on it then the xps from dell will be perfect. just dont go with sony or we'll be hearing from you again real soon.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
No price is an issue no more than like 850. But i heard about this new windows vista and some kinda new hardrive that are going to be in these computers. Should i wait for the new os to come out? and if yes, when is the release date? I go to school in august so i need one by then. btw thanks for all the help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
the new hard drives are already out. SATA drives. most mid to high end computers have them. as for the new OS, truth is Windows SUX big giant balls especially when a new OS comes out. its always full of errors and glitches. and if your going to wait for that new technology to come out, your going to be waiting for the rest of your life. go with XP home or pro. its ALMOST what some people consider stable right now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us