Overheating Emachine

Lohan
Unregistered guest
K, I have a emachine and i have a major overheating problem. My computer usually runs at around 50c* and that is with a large fan blowing directly onto the cpu( have to have the cover off). When i try to play any games on the comp it will shoot up to 60c* and then restart. i have 512 ram and a 120gb hard drive. please help me with wat i should do.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2559
It sounds like it's having ventillation problems. You might want to try blowing out all of the dust in the case, including the dust in the fans, and on the heatsinks especially.

Krazed-Karnie
Unregistered guest
lol newb...ur running Air cooling..so therefor ur temps wil hit 60c when gaming.....if ur so concered go to www.xoxide.com and buy some Arctic Silver 5 and apply ti and ul drop to 55c in like 4 days.. so just dont worry about it ur gaming therefor itrunns hotter.. now if it was 60c on a liquid cooling then i wouldhave hung myself..

Bronze Member
Username: Hunterjames

Post Number: 17
You should keep your case closed. A computer case is designed to ventilate air efficiently, by opening up the case you fu.ck the air flow up... leads to more over heating in most cases.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2666
You say he's a 'newb' for using air cooling? Wow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us