PC sound card digital output problem

Username: 99andy99

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I tried to search but can't get any results to come out so here goes..

Background =
My Pc has an unknown dolby 5.1 sound card that I usually plug into the amp and speakers that came with it - this was in another PC and I moved it into a new PC (since I moved it I only get normal stereo, not surround sound - perhpaps a driver problem?)

I have a Yamaha amp that I use digital (fibre optic?!) leads to connect to from Sky and Xbox and it works fine with them.

The sound card has digital out, so I bought a 5metre optical lead (same as the others I use) and ran it from the sound card to my amp, then I played music on the PC, but I get nothing out of the amplifier.

So my question is simple, what should I do, have I something special to do on the PC sound card setup? should there be light coming out of the end of the lead all the time (if I look!).

I'm a bit stuck as to what to do for the driver as I haven't got the original disks. I'm not even sure what type the card is. I remember the software before had sound max running it.

I really hope someone can help me out of this, hope it's not an especially dumb question!

Regards,

Andy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us