5.1 speaker system

Username: Giffdaddy

Post Number: 1
I HAVE A SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 VALUE SOUND CARD AND A LOGITECH 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM. WHEN I SET THE SPEAKER SETUP TO 5.1 IN THE SOUNDCARD SETTINGS, MOST OF MY SPEAKERS SOUND THRU MY WOOFER. I CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS AND THEY ARE CORRECT AND HAVE TRIED SEVERAL DRIVERS AND I STILL CANT GET IT TO WORK.

ANY INPUT WOULD HELP

Username: Bionicsniper

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 7
first caps are bad

ok now what you need to do is on the little remotemake sure that the sound for the center channel and rear have volume (aka they arnt turned down)

then if that doesnt work go into the software for the audigy and look for a volume controll for all of the 6 speakers and make sure they are all turned up

if nighter of these work rma or return the speakers and get another set of the logitechs (same kind)

Unregistered guest
Any one please say how to setup the creative inspire 5.1 speaker system for good and effective
sound

Username: Mactheknife2001

United Kingdom

Post Number: 6
Failing that try Labtec. IMHO they're better. See http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/75127/art/labtec/5-1-arena-685-system.html

Username: Andreas

Post Number: 10
"I CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS AND THEY ARE CORRECT AND HAVE TRIED SEVERAL DRIVERS AND I STILL CANT GET IT TO WORK."

1.)Set card to 5.1.
2.) take pair of headphones, connect them to out 1 and run speaker test in the sounblaster software. You should hear "front left, front right" thru the headphones
3.) take pair of headphones, connect them to out 2 and run speaker test again . You should hear "rear left, rear right" thru the headphones
4.)take pair of headphones, connect them to out 3 and run speaker test again . You should hear "center" in the left headphone.

If that works either cabling or speakers are messed up/faulty. If it does not it is the card, I guess, the driver, as you installed a few of them it could became messy.

Deinstall drivers, reboot, switch the onboard sound in BIOS, install drivers from original CD, reboot and you should be fine.

Hope that helps
;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us