2 channel audio from audigy2 zs?

ahof
Unregistered guest
what is the best and easiest way to connect my audigy 2 zs to a stereo reciever with analog inputs? Will a cabble that splits a minijack to 2 rca cables work in the digital output of the soundcard? or should it be placed in one of the 3 speaker outputs since the input to the reciever is not digital? Or would I be better off connecting to the motherboard audio outputs and forgetting the sound card all together. All I'm looking for is a way to listen to mp3s on my reciever, sorround sound is not a concern since it is only a stereo reciever.

Bronze Member
Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 39
".....or should it be placed in one of the 3 speaker outputs since the input to the reciever is not ...".
I think that's the way to go. (n.b. "i" before "e" except after "c"...recEIver. :-)

Anonymous

Your only feasible way (and a good solution) is to connect your reciever with the front speaker out of your Audigy sound card.

Digital out with a RCA cable won't work.

Test your setup normally using the speaker calibrator wizard if need be, to determine the correct pin to use. I would rather recommend configuring your soundcard to give a 2.1 channel out.

Hooking your reciever with the built in sound card is a bad idea. Why would you use a onboard card over a Audigy 2ZS.

Ranjeet Rain
http://www.ranjeetrain.com

Username: Bigjezzy

Inglewood, California U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Hi. I would like to do the same thing. Do I use the Aux. in the front of the audigy card or in the back with a mini cable connected to the reciever? Thanks in advance

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 60
You cannot use any rca cables to go from sound card to preout on sterio receiver. Rca's are Low and soundcards are high. So w/o a converter it will not work. May i reccommend a converter for car audio. That has speaker lines in with rca out. They run around 20 buks. Im not 100% sure if it would work, but im thinkin it might. Try it. Zonly 20 buks
Why the heck not.

Sirbasku
Unregistered guest
You should get 3 stereo mini jack to rca cables and hook up 1 from main OUT on sound card to Front Front Left/Right IN on amp; 1 from rear OUT on sound card to Rear Left/Right IN; and 1 from C/S (center/sub) OUT on sound card to Center IN and Sub IN on amp. (This assumes you have RCA INs on your amp for FrontLeftIn, FrontRightIn, RearLeftIn, RearRightIn, CenterIn and SubIn like most 5.1 amps do.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us