Using a dedicated soundcard...


Bronze Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 99
Registered: Jan-05
I have looked at the Audigy 2ZS too much and when i finally did find out exactly how to connect it to an external integrated amplifier which would drive 2 bookshelf speakers I came across this... 2.jpg
The m-audio audiophile 2496. This is a dedicated card meant for music unlike the Audigy 2ZS. However does anyone know whether I use the input or output rca ports to connect the card to my amplifier? I think its the ouput rca ports I need to use.
There is also for £5 more the e-mu 0404 dedicated card but has strange connections and isn't quite so straight forward. Has anyone had any experience with this card or even the m-audio card?
Thanks in advance

New member
Username: Vermiciouskanid

San Antonio, TX USA

Post Number: 10
Registered: Oct-04
If ur tryin to get sound OUT of ur PC and IN to your amp. Use the output on the sound card. Even better, if ur amp has a coax digital input, use the spdif output from the breakout box and upset some neighbors.


Web Hosting and E-Mail + free trial

New member
Username: Assmsundar

Yishun, Singapore Singapore

Post Number: 1
Registered: Apr-05
I have audigy 2ZS and yamaha RX-V450 receiver...

Can anybody tell whether it is possible to connect the DIGITAL OUT of the sound card to DIGITAL IN of the receiver...If so how...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us