Nikon Coolpix 3200 Problem

Username: Chrisrun

Post Number: 1
Recently, my Nikon Coolpix 3200 has begun to take light and turn it purple, and its also overexposing to the light, so essentially, it's messed up and I can't use it right now. It shows this purple color on the LCD screen and when I transfer the pictures to my harddrive, so its definitely not just the LCD display. Does anyone know why its doing this and if there is some sort of setting that accidentally was changed?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3092
Check your manual on how to reset the camera to factory settings.

Anonymous

well,i have the same problem on the lcd. but when i take pictures, the purple light is gone. however, i have problems on movies.but,here's what i do: when i want to take a movie, i use s-af (single focus) and i point the camera to a source of light. then,the purple stripes will be gone.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3160
If the camera is functioning properly, you shouldn't have to do any type of manipulation to make the "problem" go away.
The term "problem" is the giveaway here. It means the camera needs to be serviced.

Unregistered guest
I have the exact same problem, one day it was working and now PURPLE. I have not had a chance to get it serviced yet but if anyone has seen this problem and had it corrected can they let me know.

Kaeli
Unregistered guest
I'm having a problem with my Coolpix 3200. Nothing happens when I connect it to my computer. Any ideas?
Please help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4277
kaeli,
Did it work before? check your cable see if it is working properly.

chantelle
Unregistered guest
Hi i have bought a coolpix 3200 digital cam,(pre-owned) and i have noticed that it makes a clicking noise when its in the vidio mode. Im just wondering if this is normal for the cam? or do you think its been damaged. I hope someone can help thankyou.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5555
How loud is the clicking noise?

And no, I don't see this as normal...

Eliana
Unregistered guest
Hello,

I did a google search for "nikon coolpix 3200 help" and this page came up! Hopefully someone knows how to fix this problem: my nikon has always gone through batteries quickly (it's about two years old now), but recently i would put two new batteries in and almost immediately the screen will go white and it will read, "warning! battery exhausted!" Now, it barely turns on at all, even with totally new batteries. I only sometimes get that white screen. Is my camera just dead and gone, or what? Please help! Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6329
When you write "totally new batteries", do you mean newly charged or brand new as in just bought from the store "new".

If they are 2 years old, you have exhausted the batteries usable life. Unfortunately for Li-Ion batteries, you can only charge them so much and they will go flat after 2 years.

You need to get fresh batteries and do not even try to use generic batteries. There is a reason why they are so cheap.

Eliana
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your response, but I should've been more clear. My camera is 2 years old, not the batteries. I've never used rechargeable batteries (although I probably should to save money). The batteries I use for the camera are "just bought from the store new". I suppose I should only buy brand-name batteries, but even with Duracell or Energizer, my camera goes through them too quickly. I guess I'll buy some brand-name batteries and see if that works, though. Thank you. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6344
Digital point and shoot cameras have always gone through batteries very quickly. The do not last too long on digital cmaeras because of the screen and the flash. It is never a good idea to use generic batteries on digital point and shoot cameras.

I go through the same thing with my Coolpix cameras.

Eliana
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your response. I bought new brand-name batteries and my camera works again. Guess it's as simple as that!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6383
Glad it worked out for you:-)

Username: Kiyutza

I have a problem with my nikon coolpix 3200 too. I took something like 10 pictures one after the other and then when i strated the camera the light of AF was green all the time and i can`t eneter the menu, i can't zoom, i can't do anything but a regular picture. i can't even chose what kind of photo.then....after i do one photo..i CAN enetr the menu, i can see the taken photos, but i can`t do another one. so i must turn it off and then on..:-( i can`t do anything...
PLEASE help... what can i do?!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7654
What memory card are you using.

Username: Ideoplast

Hello -- I have had a Coolpix 3200 for about a year and a half - during which point everything has worked fine. I tried to turn my camera on yesterday but only the green light next to the on/off switch flashed intermittently. The camera never powered up. I recharged the camera's batteries and tried again this evening -- same thing happened. I've looked around on Nikon's site and other places on the web and cannot find anything. Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? Thanks so much for your help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8038
Ideoplast,
How old is the battery? Is it about the same age as the camera? Chances are you need to replace the battery. Li-ion batteries will no longer hold a charge after about 2 years, specially if you use it a lot. It will be enough to light up a green LED but not enough to complete its cycle before running out of juice. Try that first.

Username: Williaak

Hi, I have a Coolpix 3200 and every time I try to do a transfer of pics to my laptop, I get the message "no CF card" in the camera etc. I bought one of those extended CF cards to shoot more pics and formatted it on the camera, but it still won't read. Any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9492
Amanda,
The best thing to do is use a memory card reader. This will make your transfers a lot easier without having to use your camera as a go between.

Username: Mell

I bought a used nikon coolpix 3200 and after every picture I take, it takes a long time until I am able to take another. The green light by AF blinks and sometimes the red light as well, and sometimes the screen even goes blanks for a second before I can take another picture. Is there anything I myself can do to try and fix this and make it quicker? Also, when its in video mode, it makes a clicking sound--barely audible when taking the video, but quite loud when playing it back. Thanks for any suggestions!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9616
I think you may have purchased a bum camera. Return it if you can and know that buying a used digital point and shoot camera is never a good idea, even if it is by Nikon. That camera is really old by today's standards and really slow as well. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do for it.

The noise during video capture is something that needs to be repaired by Nikon and is not user serviceable.

Username: Ashlie

I have a nikon coolpix 3200 camera, it fell on the ground and then only took pictures that looked like negatives, with a lot of purple in them. then i tried giving the camera a few good whacks like another camera help site suggested, and now it won't go into the taking picture mode at all. it displays a black screen and illuminates, but displays a 'lens error' message. is there anything i can do?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10455
You dropped a sensitive pies of equipment and then you gave it a "few good whacks".

Did you really expect it to work after all that?

Did you really think there is anything you can do?

Let common sense take over at this point and really think about what you need to do.

Username: Lovelyboy

I own a beautiful Nikon 3200 coolpix. Couple of days back I used my camera normally and put it back in its bag. Today when I tried to use it again it wont start at all. I thought it could be a problem with the batteries totally discharged. It charged my batteries completely but my camera still did not start. I had an extra pair of batteries for which the same thing happened. Can anyone help me on this ? Have I lost my beloved camera ?

Username: Midnightradio

Iam having a simaler problem with my nikon coolpix 3200 cameraas a previous poster. the batteries keep dying after only a few pictures have been taken (seriouly like 2 pics) when normaly batterries last for several pictures. these are brand new batteries straight from the package (i've tried more than one package/brand actually, i've also tried my re-chargeable batterries and the same thing happens. sometimes if i take the batteries out and put them right back in, it works for a few more pictures and then dies again.

Username: Adina83

I have my coolpix 3200 for 3 years now and have the same problem as Chris. It started to give me yellow and pink pictures, it would work again normal for a few times, get pink, work on and of and now I'm at the point it only gives pink pictures. Does anyone know if this is repaerable, if so, how much it would cost, and if its worth doing so. After all, the camera is 3 years old and I'm a heavy user, use it nearly every day for my work (Real estate).
So far, I was happy with the camera, I find it very slow taking pictures but it was my first digital camera and i cannot really compare. Any suggestions?

Username: Blue120012

I have a nikon coolpix 3200, its operated but the picture capture button does not work !}

Username: Ziam

I took a lot of pics with my Nikon Coolpix S3200. I copied the pics directly from the camera to my laptop using Window 7 and then formatted the cam by the lap top to make space for more pix . Later when I wanted to take more photos with the cam it gave a problem. When I select menu and go for image mode it does not present any selections (windows) to select from like before. e.g , now I can't select night, day , outside, inside, cloudy, sunny etc etc. Now, after selecting Image Mode it presents only selection of various pixel sizes like: 4608x3456, 3264x2448, 2272x1704 etc etc.Plz tell me what to do? How can I get the "pic mode" menu back with different mode selections?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3141
Do Not format the CAMERA from WINDOWS. Use the CAMERA format function for this.

I've used the camera format function on both my Canon DSLR, a 1D mkII and my new SONY NEX7. No Problems.

Also, check around in the Camera Menu for a 'RESET' function and try THAT.
You should THAN be back to defaults and able to do as you please with setup.

You may have formatted the memory as NTFS or FAT32 or whatever windows is doing these days. The Camera may have other ideas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us