Sony dcr-dvd 650 camcorder memory card

Username: Edeee2

Post Number: 1
The manual for my camcorder says to use memory stick pro duo, memory stick pro duo hg. Manual also states that cards with "MAGIC GATE" will not work. All cards I have seen say magic gate. Unable to find any without magic gate. All online and local places I have contacted do not have cards without magic gate. By a pic the long memory stick card will not work. Also pic and mention of an m2 adapter to use micro sd cards. Unable to find any compatable cards. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Label on bottom of camera says mfg 2010.

Any other tips of suggestions would be helpful. This camera was a gift from my son and family. So I really want to keep it.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 561
You are misunderstanding the Magic Gate issue.

Magic Gate only comes into play when you are transfering Digital Rights Managment information such as video from a commercial DVD movie to a Memory Stick. If you are recording your own videos, the issue is irrelevant.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52/~/sony-magicgate-technology

Username: Edeee2

Post Number: 2
Thank you for clearing up this confusion, (by me). I read over and over the manual and still I never got it. But now it is clear.

This is my first camcorder and things confuse me. Could be age 67. He he he, I hope not.

again thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
Enjoy your new camcorder!

Username: Cambium

Post Number: 1
I got the 650 also...Its always good when things are confusing. It means its good stuff. But it can get frustrating. edeee2, hows the quality of the movie when you transfer to the computer? And how are you transferring?

At this point I'm trying to figure out how to upload a movie I already uploaded that I deleted by accident on my computer. Everytime I hit transfer it says no movies found but its still on the videocamera.

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
You get the best quality if you transfer by Firewire aka i.Link aka IEEE1394
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts