Recovery of footage from a JVC mini DVD rw which was reconfigured

Username: Hughmc

Post Number: 1
Hi all, I hope some one can help. I have reconfigured the JVC mini dvd disc in my Sony camcorder in error. It now appears blank, both on the camcorder and my computer. It actually contains my son's first steps - I cannot believe that after 27 mini dvds (he's my second born!) I choose this one to reconfigure in error.
Is there any way that I can retrieve the old footage? Just to add further insult I have recorded a little footage on top so I assume I must have lost the bit under that at least.
Hope this makes sence to someone who can tell how to recover the priceless footage.

Help!!

Hugh

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 350
I am not familiar with the term 'reconfigure' as it relates to DVD media. Re-format maybe?

Username: Hughmc

Post Number: 2
You are absolutely right lee488 - I knew 'reconfigure' didn't sound right but I just could not remember the exact message. 'Re-format' is what it was. I think this reflects perfectly my technical knowledge! can you help or point me in the right direction?

Hugh

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 352
If you indeed re-formatted the disc, you are probably out of luck.

Download the program Isobuster. See if the free features can view the files on that disc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us