Sony Handycam TRV87

Username: Iamthepinkcupcake

Post Number: 1
I never thought I was stupid until I purchased a Sony Handycam CCD-TRV87 NTSC. I would realllllly like to upload the great video from my the Hi-8 tapes to my Dell pc.

The problem is that there are no usb or firewire hubs on the camcorder - only RCA cable and S-video. I purchased an Easycap 2.0 usb video capture adapter but the quality of video and audio after transfer is crappy.

I installed a firewire card but, alas, I cannot find any cables to bridge my camcorder to the firewire ports.

I would toss this camcorder but the quality when playing back on tv is fantastic and I can't help but think there's something out there that will work, I just don't know what it is.

I also used the Dazzle thing and took it back to the store the next day for the same reasons stated above. The Sony site is worthless for this older model camcorder and I'm at the end of my rope.

It would be lovely to not spend more than what I paid for the camcorder as well (which is not that much). Can anyone help?

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 164
Teresa,

Buy a DVD recorder. Best Buy sells several models.
This will be the easiest way to get video from your camcorder to a DVD disk.

Connect the video out from the camcorder to video in on the DVD recorder. Very simple.

Bronze Member
Username: Matthawkins

Post Number: 17
Unfortunately the TRV87 is an analogue camera. Firewire is only available on digital camcorders.

Your best bet is a PC graphics card with composite or s-video inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us