Canon T1i Review

Username: Soundkit

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 1
The Canon EOS Rebel T1i is a great addition to Canon's top of the line consumer DSLR's. It's been around a year since Canon's XS and XSi were introduced and this new model with 15.1 megapixels and a HD video mode is making a run on the Nikon D90.

The HD movie mode distinguishes this model but the 15.1 megapixel for still images makes this camera rival the professional models at greatly reduced cost. The look and basic operation are identical to earlier models with the main changes lying under the hood. Holes for a mic in front and speaker in back are neatly integrated with the new model resembling the XSi most closely.

The ISO settings are expanded to allow adjustment from 100 to 3200 with optional 6400 and 12,800.

The 3 inch LCD screen is a 640x480 design bringing 920,000 dots to an improved quality screen image for focusing and making sure the captured image is clear.

Other features, already available with the Canon D50, include Peripheral Illumination Correction and noise reduction, and like the Canon XSi, there is an Auto Light Optimizer and Highlight Tone Priority setting.

The new T1i offers a Creative Auto mode from Canon's high end line that gives original era flexibility for lens and shot settings with direct adjustments on the LCD screen.

The T1i's HD video mode allows for640x480 movies taken at 30fps and 720p. Movies up to 1080p slow the speed to 20fps not exactly the optimum quality but extremely serviceable images for less than professional use.

The Canon EOS Rebel T1i is a great hybrid of other much more expensive Canon models making more advanced features available on a lighter weight DSLR cameras favored by consumers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us